Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

4 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

I disagree with you.

Further more, a certain Governor of Michigan who threatened jail to any Doctor who prescribed Chloroquine should be incarcerated for it. She is not a medical professional and fully based her decision on politics, possibly endangering untold lives.

Roger

I was unaware she did that.  Yes, that is overreaching.  It's an issue better left to her state's Board of Medical Examiners (or whatever they call it there).

• Thanks 1

@Jeff MatthewsYou really want to go in this direction?

I didn't advocate getting rid of anyone. I'm advocating the advancement of scientific facts. One of the ways you do that is through things like peer reviewed papers that get published. If you can't do that, it's basically bullshit, and needs to disappear. 

Things like denying climate change and creationism are holding us back. You can't advance if you are constantly accommodating nonsense. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Don't tell me....... You are a "Flat Earther" too....  :D

Roger

I have yet to hear of a climate scientist (or any scientist), that believes that. 

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

So the Flynn case was just dropped.  It surely exposed the nasty side of what police do.

Just reminded me of when this happened

Michael Cohen to be released from prison early over COVID-19

https://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-cohen-released-prison-early-covid-19/story?id=70200423

and then shortly after this happened

https://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-cohens-early-prison-release-coronavirus-concerns-rescinded/story?id=70456164

4 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

So the Flynn case was just dropped.  It surely exposed the nasty side of what police do.

Forget police, this is our US Justice Department.  They should be held to a much much higher set of values.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Deang said:

I didn't advocate getting rid of anyone. I'm advocating the advancement of scientific facts. One of the ways you do that is through things like peer reviewed papers that get published. If you can't do that, it's basically bullshit, and needs to disappear. 

Things like denying climate change and creationism are holding us back. You can't advance if you are constantly accommodating nonsense. 

Nope and can't advance if you only take one view and throw out the others.  That's why my world is gray.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pzannucci said:
6 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Forget police, this is our US Justice Department.  They should be held to a much much higher set of values.

Although I readily admit Flynn gets the spotlight, I do not think he should have any greater rights than you or me.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Deang said:

Dean,

You need to read up on the difference between "Scientific Fact" and "Scientific Theory"

A "Fact" is both proven and repeatable science.

The "FACTS" are that there are no true Scientific "FACTS" about "Global Warming or Climate Change", ONLY Theory...

Roger

4 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Yes, you can, and we have.  I will take our culture of freedom over China's statist culture every time.  

The only person talking China here is you. In fact, we are actually becoming more like China every day - with this totalitarian administration - pushing for dirty air and water every chance they get. 

5 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

You need to read up on the difference between "Scientific Fact" and "Scientific Theory"

A "Fact" is both proven and repeatable science.

The "FACTS" are that there are no true Scientific "FACTS" about "Global Warming or Climate Change", ONLY Theory.

Oh brother. You need to look  up “falsification”.

1 minute ago, Deang said:

The only person talking China here is you. In fact, we are actually becoming more like China every day - with this totalitarian administration - pushing for dirty air and water every chance they get. 

Congress can readily take care of your concerns if it desires.  What we don't need is people being forced to shut up and tow the party line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Deang said:

Oh brother. You need to look  up “falsification”.

Dean,

Then Show me the facts that are both proven and repeatable... You can't.

Furthermore there are plenty of scientists who say both Global Warming and Climate change are Bullshit !

People with a lot more experience and credentials than your Googling.

But that wouldn't fit you narrative now would it ??

Roger

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

BTW, Carl's link to the video of Fauci's former employee is no good anymore.  Youtube took down the video.  

It’s always good to own the ball even on another’s court. Pick it up and go home - games over 

• dtel locked this topic