Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

29 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Dean,

Then Show me the facts that are both proven and repeatable... You can't.

Furthermore there are plenty of scientists who say both Global Warming and Climate change are Bullshit !

People with a lot more experience and credentials than your Googling.

But that wouldn't fit you narrative now would it ??

Roger

Oh good, the ignorance has returned… I was getting worried there for a minute.

• Haha 2

My goodness things can get surly here quickly. Tried to read 8 pages of posts and still don’t know for sure: Is there a consensus agreement on the use of masks? As far as I know the N-95 masks are meant to protect people from infected people and the other masks are meant to physically knock down the broadcasting of any exhaled aerosols, infected or not. They recommend using the simple masks when in public as a precaution.

Personally I know of no mask that will infect you with anything your not already infected with. So if you use your own mask you’re not adding any new bugs by using that mask. Any mask that impairs inhalation or exhalation noticeably should be avoided.

I do not get the anger about masks. They don’t hurt. Some people look better wearing them. Jeesh it is just a epidemiological courtesy. It’s not like they’re asking folks to get nose piercings. It’s not like masks are costly or impair activities of daily living. They might fog up the lenses on eyeglasses so be careful about that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

Oh good, the ignorance has returned… I was getting worried there for a minute.

To be fair, we debated this topic ad nauseum many times.  There is far less denial that the climate is changing as opposed to denials that it is changing due to man's carbon footprint.  By the way, there really is no "climate."  There are thousands of climates.  Some change for the better.  

As far as measuring the changes, measurements are as accurate as the methods used.  Gathering data is a human process.  For comparison, look how certain the scientific community is with Covid data.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

To be fair, we debated this topic ad nauseum many times.  There is far less denial that the climate is changing as opposed to denials that it is changing due to man's carbon footprint.  By the way, there really is no "climate."  There are thousands of climates.  Some change for the better.  

As far as measuring the changes, measurements are as accurate as the methods used.  Gathering data is a human process.  For comparison, look how certain the scientific community is with Covid data.

Jeff,

Yes, but only a minute picture is available of the minute time that Humans have existed.

Surely not enough to draw concrete conclusions let alone incorrectly stating them as "Scientific Fact"

Somebody around here needs some basic science courses.

(not you)

Roger

50 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Dean,

Then Show me the facts that are both proven and repeatable... You can't.

Furthermore there are plenty of scientists who say both Global Warming and Climate change are Bullshit !

People with a lot more experience and credentials than your Googling.

But that wouldn't fit you narrative now would it ??

Roger

There is flooding every year in the springs in Canada now , and in the west or the east of the country  --------a few years ago -all changed

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/flooding-fort-mcmurray-insurance-financial-aid-1.5554403

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• dtel locked this topic