Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

Just now, 000 said:

what else can affect the climate

The climate is always changing.  Earth is 4.5 billion years old.  We've had many ice ages, followed by heating.  We've had numerous reversals in the magnetic poles.  The continents are in perpetual motion.  If you are interested, there are lots of documentaries on Earth's evolution.

5 minutes ago, 000 said:

yes , it's a shocker

Her book may already be published. Either way do

not see that her contentions

can be easily dismissed.

Will wait and see what the 

push back will be.

Just now, Jeff Matthews said:

The climate is always changing.  Earth is 4.5 billion years old.  We've had many ice ages, followed by heating.  We've had numerous reversals in the magnetic poles.  The continents are in perpetual motion.  If you are interested, there are lots of documentaries on Earth's evolution.

yes , correct , but , since WW2 , the changes  are accelerated ,- COVID 19 is man disturbing nature , in the end , nature always wins -

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I do a lot of Youtube, too.  While I agree some censorship is appropriate to protect the public, I disagree with censoring the video of the former employee (who I don't really believe all that much) and the videos of the docs pointing out how improper motives exist to inflate the perceived danger of the pandemic.

Jeff ... serious question, legally, who is authorized to determine if something is a public danger?  The one controlling the platform? 

I also think that many things the lady doctor said are plausible; but when you view it all in its entirety, it seems much less so.  In all of that video the part that I'd like to know if it is true is when she said that she once worked at USAMRID and her job was to teach the Ebola virus how to invade a human cell, because they couldn't do that before. If true, that part is frightening. Although biological and chemical warfare is not a new concept. 

7 minutes ago, billybob said:

Reads like her book and interview part one is an historical expose'.

At the very least.

she waited till she could prove a point

• Like 1

Just now, 000 said:

yes , correct , but , since WW2 , the changes  are accelerated ,- COVID 19 is man disturbing nature , in the end , nature always wins -

Many people think in terms of man vs. nature.  Instead, I think man = nature.  

I've read accounts about accelerating change, but the fact change is accelerating does not prove it has anything to do with man's activities.  There are so many factors in play, it is mind-boggling.  Solar flares, geothermal activity, etc.

9 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Many people think in terms of man vs. nature.  Instead, I think man = nature.  

I've read accounts about accelerating change, but the fact change is accelerating does not prove it has anything to do with man's activities.  There are so many factors in play, it is mind-boggling.  Solar flares, geothermal activity, etc.

The previous hole in the ozone?

14 minutes ago, billybob said:

Her book may already be published. Either way do

not see that her contentions

can be easily dismissed.

Will wait and see what the 

push back will be.

book or not , we still need a vaccine , it is too late

56 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Ok then Jimbo....

You provide the facts that are both proven and repeatable. 

LMAO !!

What's really laughable are your statements which you purport to be facts.  I'll be interested to compare your "facts" right now to your "facts" in 3 or 4 months.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

Jeff ... serious question, legally, who is authorized to determine if something is a public danger?  The one controlling the platform? 

Yes, but...

Basically, it starts with the premise that "Congress shall make no law..."  Then, post Civil War, the Bill of Rights was said to apply to the states and local governments through the "incorporation doctrine," which held that the 14th Amendment (which expressly applied to the states) incorporated the Bill of Rights (first 10 Amendments).  This was to prevent states from discriminating.

Later, the courts extended the rationale to public accommodations that were privately owned.  They did not like the practices of restaurant owners, etc. excluding people based on race. 

The concept of "public accommodations" naturally blossomed into where were are today.  

Basically, if your website is puny, you are a nobody, and you can discriminate all you want.  If you reach critical success and get lots of traffic, they will take a closer look at you.  Big "social media" platforms are apparently subject to First Amendment laws; however, from what the recent opinion seems to hold, Youtube is not "social media."  

If you can make sense of this body of law, you are head and shoulders above the best Constitutional scholars in the nation.  All I see are good efforts being made in a world replete with contradictions.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, babadono said:

Our long ago ancestors had their air conditioners on so high it almost enveloped the whole world with ice:)

if the ice age comes back , you could no longer live in Canada , the USA would be colder than Alaska , Europe would be as cold as Canada

3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

from what the recent opinion seems to hold, Youtube is not "social media."  

just now is the first I've heard of this case ... did the court say what You Tube is since it's not social media?  I have no idea the credibility of law insider.com; but here is their definition of social media:

Social media means an electronic medium where users may create and view user-generated content, such as uploaded or downloaded videos or still photographs, blogs, video blogs, podcasts or instant messages.

Just my opinion here, human beings are screwing this planet up. This started not long ago. Yes climate has changed on it's own without human intervention, but humans are adding a lot to the mix. Maybe find a new planet to populate and start fresh until we screw it up and go on to the next one.

• Like 2

• dtel locked this topic