Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

16 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

just now is the first I've heard of this case ... did the court say what You Tube is since it's not social media?  I have no idea the credibility of law insider.com; but here is their definition of social media:

Social media means an electronic medium where users may create and view user-generated content, such as uploaded or downloaded videos or still photographs, blogs, video blogs, podcasts or instant messages.

The opinion is fairly short and to the point.  I didn't see much discussion of what is or is not "social media."  I did see the contradictions and inconsistencies I was talking about.  You can read its short analysis of the First Amendment by downloading the opinion.  https://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2020/02/26/18-15712.pdf

Here is a link mentioning how the US SCt held social media is subject to First Amendment concerns.  https://qz.com/1507443/a-california-court-finds-social-media-posts-arent-a-first-amendment-right/

Just keep in mind that the 9th Circuit is not the ultimate authority and that the Supreme Court is.  Also, keep in mind the Supreme Court is not consistent, either.  It's a problematic area of law.

Hopefully this thread and the original will go down in Klipsch Forum History and for all to see.

Just crazy times we are all living. I thought I was doing ok because I'm introverted to a certain extent, It's getting to me too.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

Just my opinion here, human beings are screwing this planet up. This started not long ago. Yes climate has changed on it's own without human intervention, but humans are adding a lot to the mix. Maybe find a new planet to populate and start fresh until we screw it up and go on to the next one.

C'mon get with the program. People are not the problem. Too many people is the problem. Some must be disposed of. The goal is to be in the group who gets to decide who stays and who goes.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

Just my opinion here, human beings are screwing this planet up. This started not long ago. Yes climate has changed on it's own without human intervention, but humans are adding a lot to the mix. Maybe find a new planet to populate and start fresh until we screw it up and go on to the next one.

you got it

2 minutes ago, babadono said:

C'mon get with the program. People are not the problem. Too many people is the problem. Some must be disposed of. The goal is to be in the group who gets to decide who stays and who goes.

I 'm sticking around -

Just now, 000 said:

the moon is our no 2 Earth ,  it will take us  100 years  to populate ,  and mine for energy sources ,  that' will take 100 years -

To me this is funny, where I live we can't seem to manage getting a road fixed and we're going to inhabit the moon?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, babadono said:

Had to read this a few times...Can you imagine humans not screwing and making babies, those babies being "raised/or not" by the the humans screwing.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 000 said:

what else can affect the climate

Crocodiles used to live in north Canada in the jungles...o there are no jungles since it is cold.  The world is cyclic.

I just don't see how you will be able to dig up enough earth to support all the rare earths and solar panels needed.  Seems either way, to support the current amount of human life, you need to walk about 60% of us off the edge of the flat Earth.  Can't sustain this amount of humans, especially with their cel phones.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Looking forward to the vaccine right?

our folks on both sides of the family stay with us ,   they are in their 80's ,

2 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Crocodiles used to live in north Canada in the jungles...o there are no jungles since it is cold.  The world is cyclic

if the heat rises a lot  , in Texas , you guys are gonna cook -----

13 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Guess better off then after all the horror stories you hear.

right ,  family comes first ----the rest we can manage -

6 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

More information;  studies have been done and a sneeze or a cough can exit the human mouth at 300 miles per hour. Someone who coughs in a supermarket aisle can infect you or goods two aisles over in either direction.

I have seen several people in public sneezing or coughing without a mask and tell me, oh, it is just allergies. Since Covid-19 can be asymptomatic, just exactly how do you know you are not carrying it on top of your damned allergies., In this case, they should get a beat  down for not having a mask on !!

Another personal pet peave. I have had to wait in line with social distancing with groups of smokers hanging out at the entrance, both employees and customers. If I can smell your smoke, it has been in your lungs and if you wont get away from where I have to go to enter the store;; This is another reason for a public beat down as well.

Roger

Like I said  'All smells are particulate'

• Thanks 1

• dtel locked this topic