Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I remember when they said ice age and we were going to freeze to death, now heat up and oceans will rise, not sure which panic profit maker would be worse. Like as if we could stop any of it, both has happened in the past anyway. We just have not been around long enough to see it.

What you remember is the media misreporting what the scientists said.

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2005/01/the-global-cooling-myth/

• Like 1

Just now, BigStewMan said:

Whatever you say ... but i was alive and hearing it on television with my own two ears. 

Say their opinion was wrong and i don’t care whether you agree with them or not; but i have better things to do in life then come on the forum and make crap up .... i heard what i heard and heard it more than once. 

I’m not saying they were right; but it was news back then. 

I recall the same thing, and so I looked and found this:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Quit pissing and moaning and prove it then !!!

Show us Proven Scientific Fact that supports your claims ??

I call Bullshit !!

Roger

[Moderator Edit: there is a thread in here on Global Warming/Climate change, go find it and post about it in there]

Were done on climate change in this thread, feel free to beat that dead horse is the climate change thread, or post a new one and knock yourselves out.

Thank you

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Whatever you say ... but i was alive and hearing it on television with my own two ears. 

Say their opinion was wrong and i don’t care whether you agree with them or not; but i have better things to do in life then come on the forum and make crap up .... i heard what i heard and heard it more than once. 

I’m not saying they were right; but it was news back then. 

I was around then too but as a science (geology) student, I actually read the scientific literature rather than relying on what I saw on TV.  I posted a link to a very good video because I thought it might be an easier reference to digest. It’s a worthwhile watch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dwilawyer said:

Good, maybe you can figure out a way to explain HCFA codes and the way CDC reports Covid-19 related deaths. 

$13k a pop for saying the patient died from the virus.  Another $39k for ventilating the patient.  Now, that kind of cheese can add up to high Covid death rates pretty quickly.

• dtel locked this topic