Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

Of course it does silly boy. How sad for you to be so bitter.

When you donate your paycheck you have to make up for it some way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah quite the role model.

History trivia. Who was the first President to donate all of his salary?

What is the annual pension of a former President?

How long does a former President receive Secret Service protection?

13 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Exactly what I have been saying and thinking all along through this.

Where The Damn Mask

Quote: 

"It's hard to pinpoint how many of us are clueless and careless -- maybe half of those who go outside? A third? Some other fraction? -- but it's certainly way too many.

The lack of empathy is jarring. We need a shift.

We need our leaders -- all of them -- to get the message out loud and clear. If you are away from the closed system of your home, the message should say, you must wear a mask. That means, too, employers mandating that workers of all kinds mask up. Do they want the disease spread to subside; do they want business and the economy to eventually come back -- or don't they?" cont...

A leader leads by example, tell the prez to put a mask on instead of shooting up. 

Mark

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Can Canadian media be trusted?

here is Aljazeera -------very similar --------  the world will be onboard ,  as a whole to support  the Statement of Secretary Pompeo ,  in about 2 weeks  , there should be a world   wide action   -China's behavior is not acceptable if you are a member of the WHO -

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/lie-china-blasts-coronavirus-claims-200506155854014.html

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, 000 said:

here is Aljazeera -------very similar --------  the world will be onboard ,  as a whole to support  the Statement of Secretary Pompeo ,  in about 2 weeks  , there should be a world   wide action   -China's behavior is not acceptable if you are a member of the WHO -

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/lie-china-blasts-coronavirus-claims-200506155854014.html

The Canadian new article, quoting a professor of law and epidemiology, says you can't trust WHO, and WHO should never be allowed to handle another pandemic.

Maybe we should go back to bat girl, and least we were getting some data.

They were forecasting from her data and samples, even without the Gain of Function processing.

12 minutes ago, 000 said:

Beijing's UN ambassador in Geneva said Wednesday that China will not invite international experts to investigate the source of the pandemic until after securing the "final victory" over the virus.

Kind of reminds me of the Iraq response to nuclear inspections.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

Didn't we send tapes down there once?

EDIt: Never mind, probably was Tarheel and Bluesboy, must have been the acid.

It was probably Tarheel and Bluesboy -- they are both Carolina boys i believe. 

Hmmm, last time i did acid (and it was a LONG time ago) was on the way to LAX to catch a flight to Detroit. I was young & stupid; but that story is best left to be told over a drink sometime. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

It was probably Tarheel and Bluesboy -- they are both Carolina boys i believe. 

Hmmm, last time i did acid (and it was a LONG time ago) was on the way to LAX to catch a flight to Detroit. I was young & stupid; but that story is best left to be told over a drink sometime. 

Can't wait.

11 hours ago, dtel said:

I remember when they said ice age and we were going to freeze to death, now heat up and oceans will rise, not sure which panic profit maker would be worse. Like as if we could stop any of it, both has happened in the past anyway. We just have not been around long enough to see it.

Yes, just like aligators discovered in the Canadan Arctic.  The world goes in cycles:

"Our data, gathered from multiple organisms, indicate it probably did not get below freezing on Ellesmere Island during the early Eocene, which has some interesting implications," she said in a news release.

"This is arguably the most comprehensive data set for the early Eocene High Arctic, and certainly explains how alligators and giant tortoises could live on Ellesmere Island some 52 to 53 million years ago," said Eberle.

edit: move to climate change.

9 hours ago, Deang said:

So, now this:

The story was first reported on the Military Times and then picked up by the Washington Times. I've been waiting for the rest of the media outlets to pick up it up.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/05/06/coronavirus-survivors-banned-from-joining-the-military/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/6/military-permanently-disqualifies-coronavirus-surv/

I love this line: "... the likelihood of recurring flare-ups, even if someone has had two consecutive negative tests ..."

WTF?

Shows how little we know about the virus.

Does it harbor itself in your body like other viruses then all of the sudden cause new damage?  Hang out in the lymph nodes, liver, kidneys or lungs like hpv?  I don't think they know yet.

8 hours ago, Deang said:

Trying to filter out people who may have had lung damage?  I don't think anyone really knows what is happening with this virus yet.  Shows with the continual knee jerk responses.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

$13k a pop for saying the patient died from the virus.  Another $39k for ventilating the patient.  Now, that kind of cheese can add up to high Covid death rates pretty quickly.

Definitely not a motivating factor when it is government money.  

EVERYONE wants part of that!

7 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

We don't need the CDC anyway.

https://apnews.com/7a00d5fba3249e573d2ead4bd323a4d4

Trump administration buries detailed CDC advice on reopening

A senior CDC official confirmed to CNN that it was clear on Wednesday night that the White House was not going to implement their 17-page draft recommendation for reopening America -- after it asked for it. 

Nope, leave it up to the states as it should be.  Lots of the US have next to no COVID. 

NY has inflated numbers cause of all the nursing home folks and a lot of other things they can't understand (and possibly needing the federal funding). 

TX still has 37 of 254 counties with no reported cases.  

Seems this should not be top down.

It will be interesting after the dust settles to compare the year to year deaths the extrapolate how many people likely died from not having COVID but were tagged as such.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

If several thousand dollars is indeed being paid for each patient a doc says died from Covid, tell me you at least see a motive to provide false official data.

image.jpeg.1ed7df5f4d8f058824840ed55ac18340.jpeg Nope, govt. and powers to be are always right and people motivated by money don't exist.  That's why we pay so little for health insurance for one. 

It is all unintentional.

How about someone wants to swoop in and be the savior, possibly either for ego or cashing in.

• dtel locked this topic