Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

• Moderators
3 hours ago, 000 said:

it's entertaining to a point , and either you bite or you don't

It's been hook, line and sinker lately. 

Here's a quote from that article:

"People are looking for these kinds of explanations to control something in their lives," Keeley said."

I wonder what that is?

Keeley, who's been researching conspiracy theories for over 20 years, said he has abandoned using Facebook because of the "depression that comes from looking at that."

😀🍸🍸🍸🍾

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sputnik said:

It’s a truly weird world in which a small menagerie of malleable-minded people will scoff at science and “mainstream media” then turn around and lap up outrageous conspiracy propaganda on fringe blogs and social media to harass those doing their best to save lives.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/what-are-we-doing-doctors-are-fed-conspiracies-ravaging-ers-n1201446

"We're limited in our emotional capacity. I'm not going to spend whatever I have left after a long day of work trying to convince a conspiracy theorist," Halazun said. "They're immune to any evidence. You're not going to change their mind."

No Shit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Deang said:

"We're limited in our emotional capacity. I'm not going to spend whatever I have left after a long day of work trying to convince a conspiracy theorist," Halazun said. "They're immune to any evidence. You're not going to change their mind."

No Shit.

I don't believe that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reuter’s is reporting that China is going to revamp its health care and disease prevention policies in light of the covid19 situation. And NBC is reporting that cell phone activity ‘ceased’ in the Wuhan Virology Institute last October. Apparently records are kept as to the level of cell phone usage and purportedly they are detailed enough that activity can be attributed to individual buildings. For a short time frame last October the highest security building at the lab ceased all cell phone activity. The inference suggested is that that section of the lab was closed due to some sort of ‘accident’. But it could have been closed for ‘fall’ cleaning just as easily. 

The irony here is that China seems to have dealt with the covid19 extremely well...... at least from the standpoint of putting a lid on the outbreak. But there’s always room to improve so China’s leadership plans to upgrade their health care systems for their entire country. Or...... perhaps this is indicative of the clear need to fix a profoundly broken approach to health care and disease prevention?

As for the cell phone activity at the lab? Well from the standpoint of time frames an October ‘accident’ definitely pairs nicely with a covid19 outbreak starting in November. This is the sort of corroborative information that investigators from many countries have been ferreting out. Not smoking gun level of information but curiously coincidental. I only mention it here because NBC reported the story. If it had originated ‘elsewhere’ it would most surely garner ugly skepticism. 

Like sands through the hourglass of time...... these are the days of our lives.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Thnx for posting the link. I use an IPad and can’t seem to figure out how to cut and paste links.

It’s awkward.  Just tap the search bar to highlight the link then copy and paste with the clipboard icons above the “1” key on the keyboard display.  To copy text, tap and hold your finger over part of the text you want copy ‘til you get the blue box that you can expand to cover the entire portion of text that you want to copy and paste.

3 minutes ago, sputnik said:

It’s awkward.  Just tap the search bar to highlight the link then copy and paste with the clipboard icons above the “1” key on the keyboard display.  To copy text, tap and hold your finger over part of the text you want copy ‘til you get the blue box that you can expand to cover the text you want to copy and paste.

Appreciate the help. But you’re correct. It’s awkward. Got this for portability and it is that. But there are trade offs....... lots of them. I will try, try again. 🤔😳🤪

It's like when Clinton said they came under heavy fire while landing in Bosnia, and had to run for cover, and Sinbad, who was on the same plane was like "wtf" -- and then the footage was released. Once you are outed as a liar, you are pretty much done.

Anyways, the cell phone thing. Physical security in these labs is tight. There are youtube videos with tours of a couple of BSL-4 facilites. Cell phones are probably shut off and locked up after you get through the entrance. I do field work in CPA's, and I leave my cell phone at my desk so I don't have to deal with the hassle. My field laptop has no microphone, no speakers, and no wireless card. 

• Like 1

Okay........ researchers in Hong Kong (aka China) have reported that covid19 is extremely contagious through the ‘eyes’. They compared it in-vitro to other viruses and found covid19 to be 100X more infectious than the bird flu or SARS on scleral tissues. Not sure if, or how this may relate to ‘covid eyes’ as a described symptom for the infection. I presumed ‘covid eyes’ to be an expression of a systemic infection but maybe they’re an expression of an initial contamination point?? They also wonder how many people do get infected via the eyes and not the upper respiratory tract. Which leads to the ultimate question: Will they now suggest wearing protective goggles to compliment the masks? 

2 minutes ago, Deang said:

It's like when Clinton said they came under heavy fire while landing in Bosnia, and had to run for cover, and Sinbad, who was on the same plane was like "wtf" -- and then the footage was released. Once you are outed as a liar, you are pretty much done.

Anyways, the cell phone thing. Physical security in these labs is tight. There are youtube videos with tours of a couple of BSL-4 facilites. Cell phones are probably shut off and locked up after you get through the entrance. I do field work in CPA's, and I leave my cell phone at my desk so I don't have to deal with the hassle. My field laptop has no microphone, no speakers, and no wireless card. 

Supposedly they compare cell phone usage to itself, meaning that prior to this time frame and afterwards there was cell phone usage in these areas. Unsure who was using their cells phones but they were using them in this one building enough to render a pattern. And I do agree with you that cell phone usage was probably under very tight control. Actually if this was a biological high security lab full hazmat protection should’ve been SOP. Nothing goes in or out to avoid contamination both ways.

9 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Okay........ researchers in Hong Kong (aka China) have reported that covid19 is extremely contagious through the ‘eyes’. They compared it in-vitro to other viruses and found covid19 to be 100X more infectious than the bird flu or SARS on scleral tissues. Not sure if, or how this may relate to ‘covid eyes’ as a described symptom for the infection. I presumed ‘covid eyes’ to be an expression of a systemic infection but maybe they’re an expression of an initial contamination point?? They also wonder how many people do get infected via the eyes and not the upper respiratory tract. Which leads to the ultimate question: Will they now suggest wearing protective goggles to compliment the masks? 

https://www.ajmc.com/newsroom/covid19-may-be-transmitted-through-the-eye-report-finds

If I'm reading that right, it looks like you get conjunctivitis if it goes in that way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Supposedly they compare cell phone usage to itself, meaning that prior to this time frame and afterwards there was cell phone usage in these areas. Unsure who was using their cells phones but they were using them in this one building enough to render a pattern. And I do agree with you that cell phone usage was probably under very tight control. Actually if this was a biological high security lab full hazmat protection should’ve been SOP. Nothing goes in or out to avoid contamination both ways.

The labs have a main facility attached to them, and I suppose cells phones might be allowed in there. 

I would think the concern would be more in the area of espionage.

I forgot to tell you guys, when I went for my antibody testing, there was a big tent. They let cars in six at a time. They had drawing stations set up, and the nurses were in full PPE. It all looked quite impressive, and I asked if I could take a picture. Oh boy, that didn't go well. Three people at the same time said "no photography". 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 11:00 AM, Deang said:

It's like when..

On 5/9/2020 at 11:00 AM, Deang said:

Got to thinking about this. If the same measure of credence was applied evenly across the board . . . would be a ghost town.

[Moderator edit, political]

29 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

As far as cell phone use dropping off (mentioned earlier), there’s a big national holiday in China in early October (Golden Week or something like that) second only to the Chinese New Year.

On 5/9/2020 at 11:53 AM, KlipschFish said:

Coronavirus Hits U.S. Secret Service Staff with 11 Active Cases

https://www.newsweek.com/secret-service-covid-19-trump-pence-infections-1502900

With Pence press secretary, Katie Miller (wife of Trump advisor- Stephen Miller), Trump’s valet, and now Secret Service staff testing positive, the virus has clearly spread into the “inner circle” staff levels of the president and vice-president.  I wonder if we’ll see both Trump and Pence wearing masks and taking more precautions than they have been considering the consequence of both of them acquiring and succumbing to the disease - [political comment removed] 

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic