Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

38 minutes ago, sputnik said:

As far as cell phone use dropping off (mentioned earlier), there’s a big national holiday in China in early October (Golden Week or something like that) second only to the Chinese New Year.

Could be the deal.

28 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

Coronavirus Hits U.S. Secret Service Staff with 11 Active Cases

https://www.newsweek.com/secret-service-covid-19-trump-pence-infections-1502900

It’s kind of a test case on a very limited basis. As I recall they test these critical type folks on a daily basis. If so then these positive results should have caught the virus in its earliest state. So how might that factor in to the spread of the virus? Lots of people calling for wall-to-wall testing presuming that it will help manage dissemination of the bug. Empirically it should. But will it work that way in this isolated group?

23 hours ago, sputnik said:

With Pence press secretary, Katie Miller (wife of Trump advisor- Stephen Miller), Trump’s valet, and now Secret Service staff testing positive, the virus has clearly spread into the “inner circle” staff levels of the president and vice-president.  I wonder if we’ll see both Trump and Pence wearing masks and taking more precautions than they have been considering the consequence of both of them acquiring and succumbing to the disease - President Pelosi.

[Political comment removed] Wear the masks!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Deang said:

The labs have a main facility attached to them, and I suppose cells phones might be allowed in there. 

I would think the concern would be more in the area of espionage.

I forgot to tell you guys, when I went for my antibody testing, there was a big tent. They let cars in six at a time. They had drawing stations set up, and the nurses were in full PPE. It all looked quite impressive, and I asked if I could take a picture. Oh boy, that didn't go well. Three people at the same time said "no photography". 

I’d think that the ‘no’ picture policy is due to HIPAA regulations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, sputnik said:

With Pence press secretary, Katie Miller (wife of Trump advisor- Stephen Miller), Trump’s valet, and now Secret Service staff testing positive, the virus has clearly spread into the “inner circle” staff levels of the president and vice-president.  I wonder if we’ll see both Trump and Pence wearing masks and taking more precautions than they have been considering the consequence of both of them acquiring and succumbing to the disease - President Pelosi.

If the virus doesn't make them [political comment removed].

26 minutes ago, sputnik said:

Just to clarify, even though I have no love for Trump or Pence, I’m certainly not cheering for that scenario.  As divided as the country is right now, that outcome could completely destabilize the country (and entire world) as the warring tribes clashed.  Wear the masks!!!

Watch the video. This guy has no problem wearing the mask. Heck he even gets his own hazmat suit and does quite well with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmUNsaG5e6k

26346216-8147539-Russian_president_Vladimir_Putin_front_wearing_a_yellow_protecti-a-42_1585064569419.jpg

Russia: Putin in full hazmat suit inspects hospital hosting coronavirus patients

Totally opposite of this guy

ap_20119769998767_wide-de7a76c1669e1b75c5efaec60abee046af3d807b-s1600-c85.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, sputnik said:

As far as cell phone use dropping off (mentioned earlier), there’s a big national holiday in China in early October (Golden Week or something like that) second only to the Chinese New Year.

There was an observation made that pink eye was present in a small number of patients earlier on.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Deang said:

Freedumb! 

I love it

Perfect

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Freedumb

A watered down version of freedom spouted by psudeo patriots in American who claim to love freedom, justice and constitutional rights for all but are in fact only in favor for a select few having them. Freedom supporters hide their agenda by wrapping it up in a false sense of patriotism to cover up their lack of willingness to share it with everyone in the country. Usually cutting off others right to freedom when it prevents a privileged group from having their way with a particular politcal/social/Religious issue they want to have dictated in their personal favor.

Freedom is for the everyone, while Freedumb is for the few...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Okay....: Will they now suggest wearing protective goggles to compliment the masks? 

-I wear goggles and a  mask  when I am in public  ,  can't hurt to be safe ,  in tun , my family is safer too - and so are others

MW-IG114_pence__20200507185040_ZQ.jpg?uu

5 hours ago, sputnik said:

Wear the masks!!!

it should be mandatory , no if or but ,   anytime you are in public ,   remember this bus driver who died ---------after he was coughed on by a passenger -

Detroit bus driver dies from coronavirus days after making angry video about coughing passenger

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/us/detroit-bus-driver-dies-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, billybob said:

There was an observation made that pink eye was present in a small number of patients earlier on.

there is an actual observation in CHINA    that  the virus is carried in the reproductive system ----------

Coronavirus found in semen of COVID-19 survivors; sexual transmission unclear, study says

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-mens-semen-survivors-sexual-transmission-covid-19/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deang said:

The photo in that article.......wtf?  More of the behavior like the Michigan Capitol demonstrators.

from the article I posted earlier:

“But he (Dr. Halazun) was still left with big questions: How can people believe this stuff? And do they understand the algorithms and opportunistic extremists that led them to believe it?“

“Oh yeah, they’re going to talk to you and talk to you and talk to you about individual freedom”

image.thumb.jpeg.dd56df231f85c5870f565b0ec555928d.jpeg

• dtel locked this topic