Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

5 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Watch the video. This guy has no problem wearing the mask. Heck he even gets his own hazmat suit and does quite well with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmUNsaG5e6k

26346216-8147539-Russian_president_Vladimir_Putin_front_wearing_a_yellow_protecti-a-42_1585064569419.jpg

Russia: Putin in full hazmat suit inspects hospital hosting coronavirus patients

PUTIN GETS THE GOOD SUIT , THE  TOP OF THE LINE SHIELD AND MASK , THE REST GET GOGGLES AND PAPER MASKS ------

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, 000 said:

PUTIN GETS THE GOOD SUIT , THE  TOP OF THE LINE SHIELD AND MASK , THE REST GET GOGGLES AND PAPER MASKS ------

Suit and gloves, made in America.  I believe that’s a French full-face respirator.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sputnik said:

With Pence press secretary, Katie Miller (wife of Trump advisor- Stephen Miller), Trump’s valet, and now Secret Service staff testing positive, the virus has clearly spread into the “inner circle” staff levels of the president and vice-president.  I wonder if we’ll see both Trump and Pence wearing masks and taking more precautions than they have been considering the consequence of both of them acquiring and succumbing to the disease - President Pelosi.

If you can believe them. If everyone "tests positive", and they're still walking around symptom free two weeks from now, then there's obviously nothing to be concerned about, right.

OTOH, if they start dropping like flies, I'm not exactly going to cry a river of tears. Stupid is as stupid does. 

• Like 2

I could be wrong, but I believe the individuals who died in the meat packing plants in South Dakota, Nebraska, etc., are just as dead as the individuals who died in Detroit, Chicago, and New York.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Deang said:

If you can believe them. If everyone "tests positive", and they're still walking around symptom free two weeks from now, then there's obviously nothing to be concerned about, right.

OTOH, if they start dropping like flies, I'm not exactly going to cry a river of tears. Stupid is as stupid does. 

It's all part of the poor pitiful me plan.

21 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Okay........ researchers in Hong Kong (aka China) have reported that covid19 is extremely contagious through the ‘eyes’. They compared it in-vitro to other viruses and found covid19 to be 100X more infectious than the bird flu or SARS on scleral tissues. Not sure if, or how this may relate to ‘covid eyes’ as a described symptom for the infection. I presumed ‘covid eyes’ to be an expression of a systemic infection but maybe they’re an expression of an initial contamination point?? They also wonder how many people do get infected via the eyes and not the upper respiratory tract. Which leads to the ultimate question: Will they now suggest wearing protective goggles to compliment the masks? 

I cannot find a single recent study in the ophthalmic literature which supports this viewpoint.  Active virus has been found in the tears and conjunctiva of a few individuals with systemic infection symptoms.  There is no evidence that a person can contract the systemic illness from ocular exposure.  Whether "covid eyes" can be transmitted by exposure to the tears of an infected person remains to be seen (obviously, sharing of towels should never be done anyway).  But, as with any viral conjunctivitis, one should always be careful.  Also, I suspect that some of the presumed cases of "covid eyes" as diagnosed by family doctors (who generally are not well versed in ocular pathology), may actually be cases of EKC (extremely contagious) which can accompany systemic symptoms.  We certainly need to expand testing across the board  and I strongly urge anyone who develops conjunctivitis symptoms to see an ophthalmologist who is the only type of practitioner who can do the necessary differential diagnosis.

Interestingly (to me),  there has not been any evidence that the coronavirus can proliferate in soft contact lenses.  But, here also, hand hygiene is extremely important before inserting and removing lenses (as it should be regardless).  And, obviously, contact lenses should not be shared (a common practice among young folks).

https://eyewiki.aao.org/Epidemic_Keratoconjunctivitis

Maynard

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic