Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

11 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I’m not a fan of guns. 

when in the wrong hands , guns can be ugly , and that 's all we see in mass shootings news , guys who buy guns while having mental problems   , but the honest people who get robbed and killed by a guy wielding a gun ,  , we never hear of in the news ------

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dtel said:

I had a holster like that once when I did insurance work, .

what kind of insurance work requires one to carry ,were you a bail bondman ?

11 minutes ago, 000 said:

when in the wrong hands , guns can be ugly , and that 's all we see in mass shootings news , guys who buy guns while having mental problems   , but the honest people who get robbed and killed by a guy wielding a gun ,  , we never hear of in the news ------

i support someone’s right to own a gun; but honestly if there were no guns on this Earth, i wouldn’t be upset. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, 000 said:

when in the wrong hands , guns can be ugly , and that 's all we see in mass shootings , guys who buy guns while having mental problems   , but the honest guy who get's robbed and killed by a guy wielding a gun ,  , we never hear of in the news ------

On the 3 page paper to buy a handgun printed by the federal government ask.......are you a felon on the run from authorities ? Are you wanted?  Have you ever been diagnosed with a mental problem or disease?

I looked at the guy and said really, if I were do you think I would check off that box, he laughed knowing how silly it was. After completion it is called in to see if you pass the background check.    

For anti gun people it's not the gun it the operator using it. Either by stupidity not knowing how to handle it or they intend to harm which they will gun or not.

Just now, 000 said:

what kind of insurance work requires one to carry ,were you a bail bondman ?

It was not required, I was just sometimes in some very bad neighborhoods.

• Like 2

Just now, BigStewMan said:

i support someone’s right to own a gun; but honestly if there were no guns on this Earth, i wouldn’t be upset. 

same here -------times have changed

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

I wouldn't be either, I don't shoot for fun, just to be proficient. Also for many years when I was younger to hunt which I don't do anymore.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, 000 said:

makes sense

But after looking back on it it did not make sense, to have that job at least. I would be in the worst neighborhoods in New Orleans, including the projects. 

But honestly I got to meet alot of really nice people who appreciated me coming to there house and I never had one problem, not sure how really. I stuck out like a sore thumb.  :lol:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

I wouldn't be either, I don't shoot for fun, just to be proficient. Also for many years when I was younger to hunt which I don't do anymore.

I have never hunted. Went deer hunting with a friend once (i was probably 19 or 20). I just went for the camping. I got sick while he was hunting and told him that i was going to walk back to camp. I did see a deer on my way down the mountain. But i got lost ... and when i realized that i was completely lost on this mountain in the wintertime, it was scary. I started screaming his name and was so relieved when i heard him yell back. He told me to keep yelling until he found me, then he led me back to camp.

I was about ready to cut off a limb and cook it things were getting so desperate ... it was the longest hour of my life. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

But after looking back on it it did not make sense, to have that job at least. I would be in the worst neighborhoods in New Orleans, including the projects. 

But honestly I got to meet alot of really nice people who appreciated me coming to there house and I never had one problem, not sure how really.

NYC in the 70's was a very dangerous , place , they used to strip cars in 5-10  minutes to the bare frame , and the guys who would watch over these car strippers doing their jobs were all armed , when you drove by , you would not even look , just keep on going -

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

And the two guys on the right, what were they thinking?  Bringing a high power scope to an urban setting?  We aren't elk hunting in Montana, gentlemen, not smart.

They might not be the ideal representation of responsible gun owners and their display isn't helping the ones who are. That being said, I don't believe they were there to get in a gun battle with the police, nor were they there to shoot up the other protesters, so having a scope or not didn't matter. Also, I don't think that the AR-15 is an ideal gun for big game such as elk. 

6 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

If there were no violent ill intentioned people on Earth, I wouldn't be upset. Since there are, and that more people are killed with hammers and clubs (2011 data, new data is similar) than rifles or shotguns, and there are more people beaten to death using fist and feet than rifles and shotguns, I am glad people can have guns to protect themselves. On the sad side of guns, ~ half of the people murdered were killed but a hand gun.

One more thing that ties the gun packing protesters and the Wuhan Virus together: There were less than 20,000 people murdered in 2018 while this virus has killed 4x that many so far this year. They want to carry a gun for protection, yet do nothing to protect themselves from something that is ~ 100x more likely to attack them. .... They probably protest against wearing a seat belt too. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

While we can’t get enough food,  exports continue.  What a surprise:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-meat-workers-fall-sick-052127838.html

Maynard

Was wondering about that when there were discussions on exporting and how much China was supposedly buying.  There is obviously some politics and posturing that is occurring.  Bad when you can't trust anyone.  

Yes the guys in the picture look out of touch with their AR's but considering what the govt is doing there, it's no better.  Goodbye 2nd amendment and other things recommended by the governor.

Can't buy seeds to start your spring gardens (can't support yourself and grow your own food) and do stuff during lockdown to take care of your home.  That makes the regime look just as bad if not worse, inciting this.  Really dumb considering a food shortage likely to grow with the second wave when people say "Oh Crap, I should have wore that mask".

• Like 1

Phase 2 of opening TX started Friday.  Part of that was hair salons.  The local news went to a couple places and filmed people getting their hair cut and all the precautions that the owners were taking to be sure that they and their clients were safe.  None of the people cutting hair had arms over 6 ft long and there wasn't a mask in sight at either establishment they highlighted.  I don't get it.

I have an eye appointment this afternoon as today is their first day back.  I was screened verbally over the phone and they won't let me in the building without a mask.  That's the way I thought that businesses should be opening.

• Like 2

Just now, CECAA850 said:

Phase 2 of opening TX started Friday.  Part of that was hair salons.  The local news went to a couple places and filmed people getting their hair cut and all the precautions that the owners were taking to be sure that they and their clients were safe.  None of the people cutting hair had arms over 6 ft long and there wasn't a mask in sight at either establishment they highlighted.  I don't get it.

I have an eye appointment this afternoon as today is their first day back.  I was screened verbally over the phone and they won't let me in the building without a mask.  That's the way I thought that businesses should be opening.

Yup... No shirt, no shoes, no mask, no service.  Everyone will need to update their signs.

2 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

............One more thing that ties the gun packing protesters and the Wuhan Virus together: There were less than 20,000 people murdered in 2018 while this virus has killed 4x that many so far this year. They want to carry a gun for protection, yet do nothing to protect themselves from something that is ~ 100x more likely to attack them. .... They probably protest against wearing a seat belt too. 

‘Very good point!

Funny thing, when I posted that photo (see link below), it was in the context of the earlier “free-dumb” discussion.  Looks like I failed to get my point across that those right-wing fringe protestors and others harassing medical professionals claim (maybe even sincerely feel) that they’re defending rights and liberties when, in fact, they’re not free and are simply useful idiots that don’t (can’t or won’t) understand how the”algorithms and opportunistic extremists” have successfully warped their minds.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/191129-covid19-redux/page/77/

1 hour ago, pzannucci said:

Yes the guys in the picture look out of touch with their AR's but considering what the govt is doing there, it's no better.  Goodbye 2nd amendment and other things recommended by the governor.

I agree. To me, it's not a 'chicken / egg' thing. The states with the highest gun violence are talking away guns from or prohibiting law abiding people from having guns, which brings out the protesters, the media uses them in a less than light and the governor grabs more rights.   

13 minutes ago, sputnik said:

‘Very good point!

Funny thing, when I posted that photo (see link below), it was in the context of the earlier “free-dumb” discussion.  Looks like I failed to get my point across that those right-wing fringe protestors and others harassing medical professionals feel (maybe sincerely) that they’re defending rights and liberties when, in fact, they’re not free and are simply useful idiots that don’t understand how the”algorithms and opportunistic extremists” have successfully warped their minds.

Not sure that you didn't get your point across, I believe that I get what you're saying. I, also, see the author of what you linked as being just as big of a 'useful' idiot as the ones in the picture. The author is anti trump, anti capitalism, anti prosperity and writes myopic righteous diatribe blogs filled with one sided hate filled fear tactics to incite people who are like minded... just like the people in the pictures. The biggest difference is the one writing is using words for the fear tactic, and using pictures, quite often out of context, to make people he doesn't agree with look foolish, as though they really needed any help.     

I wonder how this level of divide gets this way. The hate started before the last election and before the past several elections. It's not difficult to to get people who are like minded to follow, just ask Jim Jones. Umair, and the ilk, use the same tactics as the NRA. All it takes is for Henny Penny to say it and people start to march and chant.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I agree. To me, it's not a 'chicken / egg' thing. The states with the highest gun violence are talking away guns from or prohibiting law abiding people from having guns, which brings out the protesters, the media uses them in a less than light and the governor grabs more rights.   

Not sure that you didn't get your point across, I believe that I get what you're saying. I, also, see the author of what you linked as being just as big of a 'useful' idiot as the ones in the picture. The author is anti trump, anti capitalism, anti prosperity and writes myopic righteous diatribe blogs filled with one sided hate filled fear tactics to incite people who are like minded... just like the people in the pictures. The biggest difference is the one writing is using words for the fear tactic, and using pictures, quite often out of context, to make people he doesn't agree with look foolish, as though they really needed any help.     

I wonder how this level of divide gets this way. The hate started before the last election and before the past several elections. It's not difficult to to get people who are like minded to follow, just ask Jim Jones. Umair, and the ilk, use the same tactics as the NRA. All it takes is for Henny Penny to say it and people start to march and chant.  

This is the link that I posted and referenced:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/what-are-we-doing-doctors-are-fed-conspiracies-ravaging-ers-n1201446

I think you’re referring to an article that was posted by another member that I quoted.  I was only commenting on the photo from that article.

• dtel locked this topic