Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You're missing my point.  It's not beyond the realm of possibility that hospitals are being generous with the diagnosis of covid to receive government monies.

Very likely being that the majority of hospitals across the nation are reported as being at half capacity, Dr's and support staff being furloughed...….hospitals have to survive too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rockhound said:

Very likely being that the majority of hospitals across the nation are reported as being at half capacity, Dr's and support staff being furloughed...….hospitals have to survive too.

I'm not blaming them.  Hospitals need a revenue stream to replace elective surgeries that they have been forbidden to perform.  My point was that this may be a reason that our numbers look higher than other countries.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You're missing my point.  It's not beyond the realm of possibility that hospitals are being generous with the diagnosis of covid to receive government monies.

Brix already stated that the hospitals are being VERY liberal with their COVID Tagging.  Hurts from both the costs of the hospital and also death count.

1 hour ago, sputnik said:

Despite our divisions, I think we’re a better society than that.  How much land in Arkansas are you talking about there?

If it is high, cut me in for a tiny parcel... please.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Its not just the realm of possibility, many hospitals are in fact doing exactly this. 

The covid 19 death rate is inflated. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Maybe if hospitals in other countries received $13,000 for each diagnosed case their numbers would be higher also.

True, it's a good incentive. Our neighbors son was told he test positive and to have all family member he had been around to come in and be tested. They were all tested positive, sent home with a very mild antibiotic, no symptoms in any of them, except a little normal spring allergy congestion.

Either way he is not coming over here for his normal coffee for a while.

• Like 1

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that hospitals are being generous with the diagnosis of covid to receive government monies

From what I heard a doctor say, this 13K and $39K (if ventilator is needed) is NOT a bonus on top of the other expenses. He said it is the flat rate agreed upon payment made with insurance companies. If so, I doubt the hospitals are rolling in the dough from COVID, as I know of two cases where the patients were hospitalized for two months (one to home, the other to a rehab facility).

Now, I don't understand the insurance game, maybe the hospitals take what the insurance pays and then tries to collect more from the patient. But, this doctor was saying that rates are based on the average cost for treatment of that condition. for instance, they know what the average cost of treatment for a tonsillectomy is. how close this is to being fair for all parties -- I can't say. The hospital will take it in the shorts on the cases with complications, but make out on the super simple ones. This doctor said that this system is an incentive for hospitals to provide the best care possible, so they can get the patient well and then released. 

Not talking from personal experience -- just repeating what I heard from a doctor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• dtel locked this topic