Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

41 minutes ago, Raygun said:

That depends on where you live, the racial breakdown (lots of propaganda being used to create racial divisions), how hungry someone is and the scarcity of food.

But again, I am talking about what happens after a period of months when the food supply is gone (its already short), and when people have no means to buy it. If you think people will not kill for food and water, you are delusional. I say that in the kindest way possible. 

Sounds like the dreaded “Zombie Apocalypse” for which preppers (including most likely the guys in the photo) are stocking up and arming themselves; however,...........

............... I promise to not kill you or anyone for food or water.

Thank-you for your kindness.

10 hours ago, sputnik said:

Despite our divisions, I think we’re a better society than that.

Yes, I agree. I think in tough times people may tend to be more selfish. There are undoubtedly a lot of poor people that haven't become criminals -- that haven't taken someone else's food or shelter by force and probably never would. They would beg and plead, but not harm you to get what you have.

There is a lot of noise these days about hate and people being accused of being a hater, and undoubtedly haters do exist -- but in what number? I believe that many just don't care that much about others rather than wishing that harm comes to them. Obviously, some people will help others. I think a lot of people won't go very far out of their way to help; but I can't say that act is done out of hate -- probably more often than not, it's too much self-love and an unwillingness to sacrifice for another. 

Hate takes a lot more effort than indifference. If I've decided that my options toward a person are either hate or apathy -- why would I waste the effort it takes to hate when I can just ignore them?  Yes, both would make me a jerk as a human being, but one takes far less effort. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

But, this doctor was saying that rates are based on the average cost for treatment of that condition

Understood but if you're treated and released and coded as a covid patient it would benefit the hospitals.  Of course, right now many need as much help as they can get.

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Careful there, it might be a trick. He said pennies on the dollar, it might be 99 pennies to a dollar and that is't a real good deal. 

oc.jpg.cad895d5402db2549fd8b899e5ad930b.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up - I fall for that kind thing all the time on Craigslist.

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Understood but if you're treated and released and coded as a covid patient it would benefit the hospitals.

Yes; but only if your care was minimal. Years ago, I got hit by a truck when I was walking across a street -- ambulance took me to the nearest trauma center. I believe that hospital billed tens of thousands of dollars just for the bed. In the hospital once while I was on active duty in the military (no military facility in that area). They wouldn't let my wife bring my meds saying that they would give me my medication. The bill was sent to the Coast Guard and my Hospital Corpsman that received the bill called the hospital and threw a fit.  They charged $1200 for ONE of my Asthma inhalers. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ok it's New Orleans what do you expect.

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_584e9c6c-9173-11ea-9b8a-7305834abb58.html

Fashion designer Ellen Macomber has begun producing coronavirus-era masks perforated with small lip-level holes. Her new creation is meant to answer the crucial question: How are you supposed to sip a cocktail while wearing a mask?

5eb6c19241950.image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Careful there, it might be a trick. He said pennies on the dollar, it might be 99 pennies to a dollar and that is't a real good deal. 

oc.jpg.cad895d5402db2549fd8b899e5ad930b.jpg

Is that one of the cruise ships that housed the COVID patients?  That industry is sure taking a hit. When I left the Coast Guard, had a job offer from one of the cruise lines -- good thing I wasn't working on a ship when this all happened -- although, by now I probably would have given up that gig too. 

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_584e9c6c-9173-11ea-9b8a-7305834abb58.html

Fashion designer Ellen Macomber has begun producing coronavirus-era masks perforated with small lip-level holes. Her new creation is meant to answer the crucial question: How are you supposed to sip a cocktail while wearing a mask?

5eb6c19241950.image.jpg

That’s one for the time capsule! 😁

25 minutes ago, dtel said:

5eb6c19241950.image.jpg

https://imgur.com/3mYLXhb

Check out the first video here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Is that one of the cruise ships that housed the COVID patients?  

Yes. I had a running start to get that far. 

30 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

That industry is sure taking a hit. When I left the Coast Guard, had a job offer from one of the cruise lines -- good thing I wasn't working on a ship when this all happened -- although, by now I probably would have given up that gig too. 

The airline industry all but stopped too. 

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

Is that one of the cruise ships that housed the COVID patients?

This boat is floating on real water... just wish I had taken the pic.

palawan_boat.jpg

• Like 4

• dtel locked this topic