Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

8 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

We still do not know all about covid19. They are seeing new presentations in kids that are disturbing. They’ve studied people who’ve recovered from covid19 and found continuing deficits which point to long term or permanent damages to various organs. The acuity phase of covid19 is perplexing with some having zero symptoms while others quickly deteriorate and expire. The mortality rate is far worse than any recent influenza. We’re unsure about immunity for survivors. We have reports of recurring infections. Any immunity imparted may not last. If we get a vaccine it may require booster injections as often as every 2 years.

”Down the road” for covid19 is really vague for now. The only maxim we’re certain about is one already understood. The healthier you are the better your chances with any disease. So the best medicine for those who can is to get fit and stop poor health habits. Y’know go for that natural high.

The "healthy issue" doesn't seem to apply to infected children.

JJK

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Here's a couple more, one by employer one by two software phone giants for "public health officials. Both from NPR; the links didn't copy with my daily update email (sorry in advance)

Holy Handmaid’s Tale! Could companies be spying on their employees who’re working from home? And could these companies be mandating that employees install software on their computers and laptops? This is so dystopian-novel-set-in-the-near-future! Anyway, there’s this software called Time Doctor that downloads videos of employees' screens while they work and can even enable a computer's webcam to take a picture every 10 minutes. "If you're idle for a few minutes, if you go to the bathroom or whatever, a pop-up will come up and it'll say, 'You have 60 seconds to start working again or we're going to pause your time,' " said one woman whose employer uses that software. So, if you’re reading this newsletter on office time, you should maybe, um. Yeah. 

Moving on from Margaret Atwood to George Orwell, who would have had a field day with the news of governments wanting to use mobile phones to track down people with COVID-19. Contact tracing using smartphone apps has the whiff of Big Brother about it, say mobile phone users who are concerned over how much information public health officials need to collect. Apple and Google have set aside their longtime rivalry to develop technology that will work across 3 billion iPhones and Androids around the world. But there is a catch: The tech giants say governments that use their technology cannot track users' locations. That would be an invasion of privacy. 

This contact thing scares me to death.

JJK

• Like 1

Here’s another reason to be optimistic:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/jgxxvk/senate-votes-to-allow-fbi-to-look-at-your-web-browsing-history-without-a-warrant

I think another article said there is going to be another vote today to get this pushed through.  Between this, and some stuff I’ve been reading about Bill Gates et al, I’m starting to believe more than ever that this entire situation was deliberately created.

Maynard

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, tube fanatic said:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/jgxxvk/senate-votes-to-allow-fbi-to-look-at-your-web-browsing-history-without-a-warrant

I think another article said there is going to be another vote today to get this pushed through.  Between this, and some stuff I’ve been reading about Bill Gates et al, I’m starting to believe more than ever that this entire situation was deliberately created.

Maynard

Bill Gates made the machines.  Kyle Reese just dropped in from the future.  I read John Connor will defeat the machines and save humanity.  He will need volunteers. 😎😎😎

1 hour ago, tube fanatic said:

Maynard

If not, it is sure being taken advantage of.  A lot of manipulation going on using fear.  What could be worse, a pandemic, no food, working to blow up asteroids, EMP.... what next all at the same time.

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Bill Gates made the machines.  Kyle Reese just dropped in from the future.  I read John Connor will defeat the machines and save humanity.  He will need volunteers. 😎😎😎

Well Bill does own the EU patent on the coronavirus vaccine.  

1 hour ago, JJkizak said:
9 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

We still do not know all about covid19. They are seeing new presentations in kids that are disturbing. They’ve studied people who’ve recovered from covid19 and found continuing deficits which point to long term or permanent damages to various organs. The acuity phase of covid19 is perplexing with some having zero symptoms while others quickly deteriorate and expire. The mortality rate is far worse than any recent influenza. We’re unsure about immunity for survivors. We have reports of recurring infections. Any immunity imparted may not last. If we get a vaccine it may require booster injections as often as every 2 years.

”Down the road” for covid19 is really vague for now. The only maxim we’re certain about is one already understood. The healthier you are the better your chances with any disease. So the best medicine for those who can is to get fit and stop poor health habits. Y’know go for that natural high.

The "healthy issue" doesn't seem to apply to infected children.

JJK

One of the doctors at the facility where I work, has been doing webinars, one of his recent ones was for Direct Support Professionals (DSPs), who work with people with speacial needs, or disabilities, etc. He had over 20k people listen in on one of them. He just emailed our staff this article about people with speacil needs and Covid-19. It is an opinion piece, but talks about isolation. It is written by Timothy Shriver.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/13/isolation-isnt-new-those-with-intellectual-disabilities-covid-19-still-poses-threat/

The ‘chicken pox’ boosters are the inoculations to prevent shingles. When I say ‘healthy’ I don’t mean to infer that posters here are in need. In general the American populace is overweight and poorly conditioned. That belly fat is what they attribute the worst for ARDS as it relates to the cytokine storm. As for covid19 we just do not have all, or the accurate information yet. No doubt some of the reported information is correct and some will be found incorrect. It is like chloroquine. Initially China and France reported that it worked and it was subsequently shown to not work. It is going to take time and in the interim it is up to us to remain covid19 free.

The latest huge worry is in South America. Covid19 is surging there and it is going to be awful. We are worried that some countries may collapse entirely resulting in an economic mass exodus. Ironically California is asking the feds to secure the border. San Diego hospitals are seeing an influx of covid19 patients from below the border. Guess they like Trumps wall idea better now.

7 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

would you like the patent #?

Maybe more concise, the patent his foundation owns.

BTW, most likely not for this virus but I would bet it would be considered prior art for a new vaccine.

2 hours ago, pzannucci said:

would you like the patent #?

Sure... why not.

Every link I've tracked down says false. They funded research on a universal flu vaccine (a corona virus), and animal vaccines. Haven't found anything else (other that the other millions they have given away for all kinds of research.

You probably don't trust USA Today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/03/27/covid-19-fact-check-bill-melinda-gates-foundation-did-not-patent-coronavirus/2919503001/

5 hours ago, pzannucci said:

I always wondered why people thought it was a good idea to build stuff below sea level?

the city is very old , and going back to Louisiana , the French Regime ----they had no science like today -

Just now, RANDYH said:

the city is very old , and going back to Louisiana , the French Regime ----they had no science like today -

The Netherlands has better pumps

• Moderators
6 hours ago, pzannucci said:

And why they have been off for the past several years (or at least minimally effective against the actual strains)?

I don't know answer to that, they gear up for what's coming, AND the worst of what's coming is a way an epidemiologist at Baylor explained it to me a couple of years ago. 

I would like to see some good peer reviewed articles about how on target, or off target, the last five years have been.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I don't know answer to that, they gear up for what's coming, AND the worst of what's coming is a way an epidemiologist at Baylor explained it to me a couple of years ago. 

I would like to see some good peer reviewed articles about how on target, or off target, the last five years have been.

Yes there was a lot of discussion about them missing the mark the past couple of years.  That's one of the reasons I don't bother.

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic