Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

12 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Stupid and selfish is not taking small and convenient measures to help your community manage a lethal disease. Is wearing a mask too tough for you or are you just ascared of looking like a wuss?

This bears repeating.....

cant fix stupid.jpg

• Haha 1

Polio, Hong Kong Flu, Swine Flu, Small Pox, Asian Flu, Cholera among others. You can lead a horse to fresh water of logic but you cant make them drink. Other than Kool Aid I guess. 

I find Cuomo's comments recently about staying at home being responsible for most wuhan red death deaths most interesting. This from the guy who stuffed wuhan virus patients in nursing homes and was shocked at the result which he now regrets. He is a Governor of a logic flyover state. You know it is getting bad for Cuomo when MSN is not covering for him anymore. This gets back to vitamin D and sunlight as being natural supressors of wuhan but there is no sunlight inside your safe space.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/shocking-66-percent-of-new-coronavirus-patients-in-ny-stayed-home-cuomo/ar-BB13HFxy

Remember guys stay home and stay safe!!

40 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

This bears repeating.....

cant fix stupid.jpg

Well we do house lots of stupid folks in prisons but that sort of massed housing works contrary to the notion of a quarantine.

I do hate to sound snarky but really. I use the word ‘stupid’ because unless you seriously understand the medicine involved here you are uninformed enough about the subject that you should not be criticizing these directives. Sure inquire and learn but understand your own limits. There are some insanely real and serious consequences at stake here. We all want our freedoms and the economy back more to normal. I think it can be done. But it has to be done cautiously and safely and with the expectation that it might not work. A few numbskulls can initiate a cluster outbreak and shut down a business or a community. If we all conduct ourselves with adherence to rational epidemiological measures it may work. If not - if you gotta be the person stiffing the rules and thumbing your uninformed nose at these precautions YOU may be the one to start this all anew. Think like a responsible citizen.

23 minutes ago, juniper said:

You cant fix it, i dont think, when they dont want it fixed..... look at all the of examples, one of my favs is all the trucks with nothing in their beds......destroying the earth..........

Yes and the hysteria when you point out lockdown falacies is well, hysterical. The blind eye being turned towards the cost of an illness that is far eclipsed each year by other problems just amazes me. There are more people being killed by denied treatment at hospitals that are mostly empty because they were all going to be filled with death and doom and we were all going to die. 

Have you seen all the multi millionaire news anchors that are set for life touting how pollution is going down as a benefit of killing the worlds economy?

So far out of touch with the work a day people they claim to be kindred souls to but it's OK because they said they care.

32 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I find Cuomo's comments recently about staying at home being responsible for most wuhan red death deaths most interesting.

Staying at home being "responsible" for most Covid-19 deaths?

No one has said that, except for you.

3 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

Staying at home being "responsible" for most Covid-19 deaths?

No one has said that, except for you.

Seriously did you even read linked the article? Talking about New York too in case you missed that also. 

OK what does this direct quote say" "

The governor said it was “shocking" that 66% of new coronavirus hospitalizations are people who are either retired or unemployed and not commuting to work on a regular basis.

The statistic comes from a preliminary survey of 113 hospitals, done over three days, that included 1,269 responses as the state seeks more information about how COVID-19 spreads.

According to the data, 18% of new cases came from nursing homes, 4% from assisted-living facilities, 2% from congregate-care facilities, 2% were homeless, less than 1% from prisons and 8% were marked as “other."

“This is a surprise: Overwhelmingly, the people were at home,” Cuomo said during a briefing on Long Island. “We thought maybe they were taking public transportation, and we’ve taken special precautions on public transportation, but actually no, because these people were literally at home.”"

Just now, Dave A said:

OK what does this direct quote say" "

The governor said it was “shocking" that 66% of new coronavirus hospitalizations are people who are either retired or unemployed and not commuting to work on a regular basis.

It doesn't say deaths, for one. It also doesn't suggest that staying at home was responsible for these hospitalizations.

I would also point out you go to the hospital first then you die so there is a corollary there.

Nice day here and I am going to go out and enjoy it. Have a job to finish too for delivery Tuesday.

30 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Yes and the hysteria when you point out lockdown falacies is well, hysterical. The blind eye being turned towards the cost of an illness.........

Rheumatic Fever is related to an immune system inflammatory response to strep throat infections and typically presents in pediatric cases. Rheumatic Fever often damages the heart valves  and does so frequently enough that we have a term ‘rheumatic heart’ syndrome. The damage occurs in youth and is permanent until corrected. Each case of rheumatic heart a said to cost a minimum of $1 million. 

Why does this matter when we’re discussing covid19? Well we know rheumatic fever, it’s causes and it’s long term costs. As yet we do NOT know the long term consequences of covid19 infections. We know covid19 kills about 20 X more people than the worst influenza during its acute phase. But covid19 survivors, which far out number the dead, face an uncertain future. Preliminary studies suggest that there will be long term changes to various organ systems that are commonly involved in covid19 sepsis. Of course the lungs are seriously impacted. So are the kidneys and the liver and the brain. Medicine does not yet know the full long term costs associated with covid19. It is more likely than not that we will have a post covid19 syndrome that will involve several organ systems.

Blithely you speak of diseases and their costs relative to the character of the actions taken to control them. And you are clueless about diseases and their costs. Absolutely clueless. So when you respond please include your medical credentials so we can assess your level of expertise in this arena.

13 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

It's cold hard facts, no spin, so maybe doesn't strike a chord, but I'm very happy on the news.

90,000+ deaths and climbing - but is it slowing down ? , yes

17 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Here is an article, month ago, about the over 400 million in federal Grant's (NIH) Moderna has been preapproved for.

Appears things are right on track, very good news. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/16/business/federal-government-pledges-up-nearly-500m-speed-modernas-coronavirus-vaccine/%3foutputType=amp

Fauci also testified about another drug being developed in Europe that was looking promising and he said this would mean dual supply chains.

another 400 million $ ------to add to the budget

13 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

90,000+ deaths and climbing - but is it slowing down ?  ---and diminishing -------

Depends on how you want to count them.  There is push back on how CDC is counting them.  Think about if people can't get help for what they need, then they get COVID because their immune system is toast and die.  Is that really a COVID death or induced by the situation?  The longer this pushes out without getting people proper care, the numbers are just going to continue to climb.  You can't even get any of the test drugs unless you are admitted.  You might as well be on your death bed so of course the numbers are going to continue to climb.  Slowing down?  Maybe if there were treatment measures other than go home until you are really really sick, then maybe we can save you vs. help you.  ARGH!!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Is wearing a mask too tough for you or are you just ascared of looking like a wuss?

A good friend of mine flies quite often on domestic and international flights, because his job requires it.

"Here’s a genuine situation while I was traveling last week. Mandatory masks on Delta flights. Then they pass around goodie bags with water and cheese-zits. Everyone removes their masks to enjoy the snacks."

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

big  joke of the day ------China Hasn’t Reported Any New Coronavirus Deaths For A Month 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/isabeltogoh/2020/05/15/china-hasnt-reported-any-new-coronavirus-deaths-for-a-month/#7448b1c05619

They were targeting approx 1million tests a day over 10 or 11 days in the Wuhan area.  They should get some good statistics from that vs the way the US is dorking around with it.  I have to say, that is the right way even though everything else is wrong with it.

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic