Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

I'm concerned about the push for a "fast tracked" vaccine the long term effects of which will not manifest for many years.  And, then there's the possibility of getting a potentially organ damaging  vaccine acquired condition (I've read articles about vaccine acquired poliomyelitis, for example).  There's also still no definitive information about whether having a naturally acquired infection will provide long term immunity.  If that's the case, a vaccine won't be of much use anyway.

Given that this virus is already mutating, trying to control exposure to it is almost a lost cause in my opinion.  Then there's the influence of non-medical folks like Gates who, in one interview which I watched, suggested that it will be necessary to vaccinate virtually every human on the planet for coronavirus.  It makes me wonder if there's another agenda going on which the media doesn't want to talk about.

Maynard

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

I'm concerned about the push for a "fast tracked" vaccine the long term effects of which will not manifest for many years.  And, then there's the possibility of getting a potentially organ damaging  vaccine acquired condition (I've read articles about vaccine acquired poliomyelitis, for example).  There's also still no definitive information about whether having a naturally acquired infection will provide long term immunity.  If that's the case, a vaccine won't be of much use anyway.

Given that this virus is already mutating, trying to control exposure to it is almost a lost cause in my opinion.  Then there's the influence of non-medical folks like Gates who, in one interview which I watched, suggested that it will be necessary to vaccinate virtually every human on the planet for coronavirus.  It makes me wonder if there's another agenda going on which the media doesn't want to talk about.

Maynard

Damage to person with vaccine, damage to reproduction.... Remember all those great things they came out with in the '50s that took a generation later to find? 

Get yourself in as good a shape as you can, pack in the proper vitamins and minerals and go get the virus.  That might be just as low a percentage of death or side effects as the first batch of vaccines.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

I'm concerned about the push for a "fast tracked" vaccine the long term effects of which will not manifest for many years.

That is certainly a valid concern, but i’m getting less concerned about it. what i mean is that we’re accustomed to comparing things of today to the past and feeling that we’re dangerously in the fast lane. But, with Artificial Intelligence and the computers and such -- there is just infinitely more information available to us then there was in our grandparents generation. 

For instance, Inovio Lab in San Diego claims they came up with a vaccine in three hours. Once the genetic sequence was fed into their computer an algorithm spit out the vaccine in three hours. I first was rolling my eyes until i read that they’ve got a track record coming up with vaccines for SIKA, MERS, and Ebola viruses.

As the Inovio rep said, “this is what we do.”  They’re experts and have an incredible amount of technology at their fingertips.

They’re claiming success in mice and guinea pigs and say they’re ready for human testing. I hope they are a whopping success -- for all our sakes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Y’know it was China who 1st touted chloroquine

It too bad it wasn’t as useful as China purported.

is is possible that the Chinese are using  both chloroquine and Remdesivir  , the latest news are that Pakistan will manufacture Remdesivir

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/05/15/world/asia/15reuters-health-coronavirus-pakistan-remdesivir.html

On 4/29/2020 at 8:15 PM, grasshopper said:

I'm sure people want to get back to work.  And be able to do it safely. That's the rub. The economy isn't waiting for research.

Many want to return to work, and some have already returned, only what price will have to pay for it ...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JonathanBrown said:

Many want to return to work, and some have already returned, only what price will have to pay for it ...

we'll find out soon enough.

I hope it is a green light for personal reasons. I'll be able to go to the lake w/o all the folks that are staying home being there.

• Like 1

Yes that Thallium stuff was some bad news.

@tube fanatic ... Hope you are getting some information here that you can use. As for a fast tracked vaccine, you will not be the only one who will have doubts about it.

Before I get.sticked, I will want to go with my own personal agenda, not Bill Gates or anyone else for that matter.

So, that said if I get stuck, it will be data driven, and at a time I feel comfortable about it enough to do it.

Hope you are well and hope for more drug therapies coming down the pike that are game changing.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Watched a program on CBS this last week called Bravery and Courage...7 days on the Frontline.

Amazing the dedication shown by everyone in a Bronx hospital.

It was filmed during the high

cases of Covid 19. Really takes someone willing to do that work.

Saw no slacking and was like some sort of reaction to witnessing order being created out of the chaos. Makes me feel like I would be in good hands, if should require it. Compassion was shown under the dire circumstances that all were facing, rise to the challenge.

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic