Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

11 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Coincidently, we watched two items on Amazon Prime this weekend. The first was a documentary about getting prepared for avian flu, being prepared, stockpiling antiviral medications, etc. It call The Coming Pandemic.  They discussed not if, but when. The experts laid out what would need to occur to minimize deaths, impact, etc.  It was made 15 years ago in 2005. They (the experts) have been warning about a bug coming out of Asia for decades and what is necessary to be prepared.

The other was a Korean made disaster type movie call The Flu (go figure). It was made in 2013.

Both were interesting to watch in light of the current reality.

And then Prex Bush got the country prepared for a pandemic. He revamped our footing, funded the supplies and had us prepped. Still the key factor in this event was the failure of our watchdog, the WHO and China’s bungled public health policies and response. Given the near instant international dispersal of such an infectious virus being prepared is a relative term.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

I guess if we see a second wave, we'll know.

Well, I think that is inevitable. 

Hopefully people realize that opening up only means they have an available bed in the ICU. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

So [removed]

No, I was just pointing out that I called it a ban and it wasn't.

By the time the WHO issued its warning, it had already been in the country for a week. 

We also know, at least I think we know this - that the virus got into New York from Europe, because it was the modified strain.

Just a mess all of the way around.

• Like 1

[Removed the political introduction, left the apolitical statement]

What we need is cool heads and a well thought out strategy. I think everyone is tired of the mud slinging. It's normally fine, but not during a national crisis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deang said:

By the time the WHO issued its warning, it had already been in the country for a week. 

We also know, at least I think we know this - that the virus got into New York from Europe, because it was the modified strain.

Just a mess all of the way around.

1 hour ago, Deang said:

he forgot "ineptitude".

You say the WHO was late, it was traveling here from more than one direction and is a mess all he way around [removed ripple effect response]

25 minutes ago, Deang said:

Well, I think that is inevitable. 

Hopefully people realize that opening up only means they have an available bed in the ICU. 

We really have no choice.  We are being smoked out.

4 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

You say the WHO was late, it was traveling here from more than one direction and is a mess all he way around, and you still say 'ineptitude' as though it's Trumps fault. 

You're just a hater on a mission. If it wasn't the Wuhan Virus, it would be something else. 

You're conflating different issues. I know it's difficult, but try to keep up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Deang said:

He forgot "ineptitude".

He should have just said, "We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump."

What we need is cool heads and a well thought out strategy. I think everyone is tired of the mud slinging. It's normally fine, but not during a national crisis.

Have to love the alternative.  Pretty bad all the way around.

1 minute ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Are we supposed to wear a mask or not wear one? Fauci said there is no need for a mask, then flipped on that. He has proven himself a liar, and once that trust is broken, then trust is never 100% on anything the lair says. 

Has been discussed ad nauseum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Are we supposed to wear a mask or not wear one? Fauci said there is no need for a mask, then flipped on that. He has proven himself a liar, and once that trust is broken, then trust is never 100% on anything the lair says. 

Bottom line is just watch the people involved.  You can surmise their agenda.  Most have something they want to get out of this.

I can tell one person wants to be the savior, at any cost.  The worse it looks, the more proud they will be. 

Bias is rampant and I wish they would get out of the way of the people who don't have an agenda and just want to work toward a cure.  The govt will pay so that is not an issue.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Deang said:

He forgot "ineptitude".

He should have just said, "We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump."

After the collusion fiasco and how our national intelligence and DOJ orchestrated the whole scheme, I don't trust much of anything.  A national crisis is the perfect time to continue the charade.  If there was any meat on the bone to the Russia narrative, the scalliwags involved would have been seen as heros.  But there was a big, fat nothing-burger at the end, and now it highlights what a grand scale fiasco it was.

• Like 1

I've also seen a post or two way back where it was implied by someone that I was giving China a pass. I was like, when did THAT happen? I only remember saying the available data backed up their insistence that it wasn't developed, or escaped from a lab. 

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic