Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

[That was personal, over the line]

Would you be decent enough to tell my why?

It was factual with one snide comment that isn't kosher from you tolerant folks.

Only mentioned that person because my post followed his and mine partially backed up his beside being a generalized statement about the subject here.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deang said:

so I've earned the right to sling some mud,

No you haven't, not on this Klipsch speaker forum where politics is not permitted.  You don't have the right to insert politics in a way you get the thread locked for the rest of us.

Go over to avsforum.com and try to post that.  It would be immediately deleted (they watch VERY closely over there with no exceptions) and you would likely get a 30 day vacation from posting on their forums.

To respect one another we must keep political opinion out of these discussions or we risk ALL OF US losing the latitude to discuss this pandemic in this forum. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deang said:

I'm not high on Biden either. I see him in two years having to be admitted into a nursing home because his mind is gone. I think it's a legitimate concern.

Before seeing how his son was on the Burisma board earning a nice chunk of cheese for merely being the VP's son, I though Biden was one of the ones who was "more like us."  He was always presented that way by the press.  Now, my opinion has changed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Deang said:

I'm not high on Biden either. I see him in two years having to be admitted into a nursing home because his mind is gone. I think it's a legitimate concern.

https://www.businessinsider.com/2020-democratic-candidate-field-ages-biden-sanders-oldest-buttigieg-youngest-2019-4

A concern for the entire nation. Just look here. I know it is an older article, but just look at what we have to choose from. Astonishing. 

Better have a close look at the VP as they are more likely to hold the reigns the longest.

43 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

No you haven't, not on this Klipsch speaker forum where politics is not permitted. You don't have the right to insert politics in a way you get the thread locked for the rest of us.

Go over to avsforum.com and try to post that.  It would be immediately deleted (they watch VERY closely over there with no exceptions) and you would likely get a 30 day vacation from posting on their forums.

To respect one another we must keep political opinion out of these discussions or we risk ALL OF US losing the latitude to discuss this pandemic in this forum. 

They've been letting us go a bit as long as we keep it civil. 

I don't think either side has anything to brag about, I think they're all pathetic.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Deang said:

I've also seen a post or two way back where it was implied by someone that I was giving China a pass. I was like, when did THAT happen? I only remember saying the available data backed up their insistence that it wasn't developed, or escaped for a lab. 

Scientists have proven conclusively that Covid 19 was not lab generated by observing how the DNA string is constructed.

JJK

4 minutes ago, Deang said:

Agreed, my friend.

It's almost impossible to have this Covid19 discussion without some mention of political figures and their behavior.

In my opinion, on this forum, it's OK to say "I saw the president's press conference this afternoon, and I disagree on points X,Y and Z.

It is NOT OK on this forum to say "Trump is a liar."

I'm interested in and value, Dean, your point of view on various subjects related to the pandemic.  I have NO INTEREST in you name calling the president in the same vein that I don't think you would enjoy a forum member singing the president's praises.  Neither needs to be a part of this discussion in this forum so mods will allow it to continue. 

A more dispassionate expression of views will likely win the day.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Well the evidence is piling up that this is no worse than the flu can be.

Didn't we already do this once or twice.

Mortality rate of .1% vs 1% 

30K at its worse verses 90K in three months.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Scientists have proven conclusively that Covid 19 was not lab generated by observing how the DNA string is constructed.

JJK

Not spliced.  It doesn't mean it wasn't manipulated via other means that are not as heavy handed.  The lab is in place to study and increase the impact of a virus.  if that isn't done by splicing, there must be other means. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

[Political comment removed by Moderator. I won't fix your posts moving forward, I will just delete them,  it may be slightly more difficult to do the posts by pointing to data on what agencies did, at certain time points, but you are obviously smart enough to do it]  And then [removed].  Still the key factor in this event was the failure of our watchdog, the WHO and China’s bungled public health policies and response. Given the near instant international dispersal of such an infectious virus being prepared is a relative term.

I am posting events that are historically accurate w/o one iota of political commentary. My posts are pertinent to this subject and the content of the thread. And since they are not political or judgmental they are certainly well within the TOS for this forum. You sir are allowing you own political bent to bleed into your moderator function IMHO. 

In the early 2ist century America was made pandemic ready by our leadership. Is this vague enough?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Well the evidence is piling up that this is no worse than the flu can be.

You have a credible source for that?

All of the scientific and credible data I have seen is exactly the opposite, a 90,000 death uptick over and above what flu,.and all other causes of death would be based on both reporting and cross-checking with statistical models of "expected" deaths (using accepted 95% CI) the way epidemiologists do it for every communicable disease.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Deang said:

Didn't we already do this once or twice.

Mortality rate of .1% vs 1% 

30K at its worse verses 90K in three months.

Just stop it already.

It is terrible for people that are old and with comorbidities.  To the general populous, likely not much worse than the flu though more contagious.

We won't know until we have the actual (if we ever have the actual) infection rates.

Remember almost 70%+ of deaths are in that group and I know in a number of the states, 40% are in the 80+ category.

Oh and remember, the numbers are not necessarily accurate as states have been tagging everything with COVID as documented.... Shake liberally....

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

91,100 ----and climbing , equivalent to RICHARDSON CITY -TEXAS -gone

Is there any credible data on what predicted cases and deaths would have been without the various measure implemented? Or is it too soon? Too difficult to tell?

Think was calling Fauci a liar, not another. Good afternoon.

Problem that have come to about Fauci was his wishy washy when faced by the

Issue of wearing masks. 

Know about the pro's needing

the N95 and other but, erring

on the side of caution is what would have expected from him

of all people. Finished!

2 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Is there any credible data on what predicted cases and deaths would have been without the various measure implemented? Or is it too soon? Too difficult to tell?

Are you talking about without social distancing?  I'd just like them to stop counting everything as COVID related.

On another note, if you aren't going to have access to any of the possible therapeutics until you are so far gone you are close to incubation and sent to the hospital, aren't we just pushing it too far down the road vs. trying to shut it down at the start?  Doesn't seem like appropriate tactics if you really care about stopping this virus in it's tracks and keeping deaths down.

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Deang said:

I don't think either side has anything to brag about, I think they're all pathetic.

Not really,  I have gone back to when this latest political debate started, and either modified, edited or hidden posts. 

They all start the same way, someone slips in some seemingly innocuous something or other that relates to politics, and then it morphs to statements about people involved in next election cycle.  It's all respectful, good debate, but that's not the standard. Moderators decided, for this thread only (previous two were locked), to go post by post,.member by memer, so people could see what was ok, and what wasn't.

Many, many have altered the way they post, topics/political figures they discussed with little or no complaint. So back to status quo hopefully. 

• Thanks 1

• dtel locked this topic