Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

• Moderators
3 hours ago, billybob said:

Since mentioned white vinegar in a former thread:

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/a31264367/is-vinegar-a-disinfectant/

What disinfectants should I use instead of vinegar?

You're better off using common commercial disinfectants, including Clorox, Lysol, Mr. Clean products, Purell disinfecting products (like the wipes), and ethanol (aka rubbing alcohol), studies show. For a complete list of the products that the EPA has registered as effective disinfectants and sterilizers for different types of bacteria and pathogens, head here.

In addition, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that diluted household bleach solutions and alcohol solutions with at least 70 percent alcohol are effective in combatting viruses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Historical would be at least 20 years ago. Wasn't even a close call, discussing the acalades or shortcomings of an elected official and/or his opponent is going to be political.

Discussing the ‘shortcomings’ of an elected official is ‘political’ (and not allowed)? Guessing that does not include Trump, huh? You may want to reword this.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Discussing the ‘shortcomings’ of an elected official is ‘political’ (and not allowed)? Guessing that does not include Trump, huh? You may want to reword this.

No I don't think I need to reword it. As I said point out  anything you think is there that shows political bia and we would look at. Can't catch all of it, and sometimes you just have to teach by way of example.

I guess we don't need a pow-wow to discuss whether your post(s) was/were clearly politicial?

16 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

No I don't think I need to reword it. As I said point out  anything you think is there that shows political bia and we would look at. Can't catch all of it, and sometimes you just have to teach by way of example.

I guess we don't need a pow-wow to discuss whether your post(s) was/were clearly politicial?

I know what I meant my post to be about. I made the mistake (per you) of making it sound too much like an accolade for somebody who actually did a good job or something weird like that. My bad. For my punishment I will listen to 3 hours of Barry Manilow.🤮🤮

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

I know what I meant my post to be about. I made the mistake (per you) of making it sound too much like an accolade for somebody who actually did a good job or something weird like that. My bad. For my punishment I will listen to 3 hours of Barry Manilow.🤮🤮

No one should have to endure that, for anything.  Probably a violation of Geneva Convention

24 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

this is happening right now, it's pretty cool:

WOW! They just broke news about "The Beast"! Which is the inside nickname for the prototype next gen huge sized mega powered subwoofer.

Get this... it is a Klipsch subwoofer.

Yes, it actually exists.

Made to compete with the other big boys out there.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

ethanol (aka rubbing alcohol)

rubbing alcohol is typically isopropyl. They might use denatured ethyl [ethanol]. IDK  . Everclear is ethanol.

related

Ethyl is used in hand sanitizer ..there were complaints about children drinking the hand sanitizer and getting drunk... one solution presented was to use iso instead of ethyl alcohol. 

That'll fix 'em. Instead of drunk, they get a trip to the hospital

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

What disinfectants should I use instead of vinegar?

You're better off using common commercial disinfectants, including Clorox, Lysol, Mr. Clean products, Purell disinfecting products (like the wipes), and ethanol (aka rubbing alcohol), studies show. For a complete list of the products that the EPA has registered as effective disinfectants and sterilizers for different types of bacteria and pathogens, head here.

In addition, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that diluted household bleach solutions and alcohol solutions with at least 70 percent alcohol are effective in combatting viruses.

When I am in my barn woodcarving I use lacquer thinner and acetone to clean my hands.

JJK

4 minutes ago, richieb said:

Oh Gawd - In a news conference Trump willingly admitted to taking hydrocloriquine? for past week and a half — . 

Yep, for prophylaxis... there's a link. He does zinc too and a Z-Pak.

11 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yep, for prophylaxis... there's a link. He does zinc too and a Z-Pak.

None of that was mentioned in the admission. Of course after the mention several “reporters” were hoping for the gotcha question —

16 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

When I am in my barn woodcarving I use lacquer thinner and acetone to clean my hands.

JJK

4 years of using methyl ethyl ketone without proper ppe damaged the dna in the skin of my hands. 20 years later, the skin of my palms still peels off easier than should.

11 minutes ago, richieb said:

None of that was mentioned in the admission. Of course after the mention several “reporters” were hoping for the gotcha question —

Said was talking to WH physician

and thought would take 1aday.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

I think I may have got yours confused with others, looking into this.

• dtel locked this topic