Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

20 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

What's wrong with this statement from that article?

Moderna’s approach to disclosure

It doesn’t publish on its work in scientific journals. What is known has been disclosed through press releases. That’s not enough to generate confidence within the scientific community.

I posted this 2 days ago , the person speaking knows everything about vaccines ,  he expected the process to be further ahead than it really might be --

12 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:
1 hour ago, Deang said:

I just think it's funny that someone would just start taking medication "on a hunch".

Funny?  It's just plain stupid and dangerous.

The 2 of you aren't familiar with what doctors do.  They give medicines "on a hunch" all the time. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pzannucci said:

I hear you BUT....

I don't like politicizing and using fear tactics which is what is being done with numbers so I will not stop beating this drum.  Just like saying I need 40000 ventilators in NY and all the bogus original models.

Yes it is bad but according to the statistics and the likely number of folks that have already been exposed... you can figure out the rest.

This is the same thing the mainstream media did during the Vietnam War. Every day there was a new death count and stories of them abounded. The media lost that war for the USA by generating enough public opinion against it to end it. In the mean time drunk driving killed way more each year. I am not talking about whether we should have been there or not mind you so don't get distracted. I am talking about main stream media's ability and desire to mold public opinion and not report on news only.

So today you see the fake news talk about how "mygosh you know there is enough people dead from Covid 1984 to populate a 60,000 small city and then name one that many might know to make it personal.

They DON'T put it in perspective because they are part of the remove the Constitutional limits on what the Government can do to citizens. 329,674,871 was today's population count. Lets make this easy and say 100,000 die. WOW man that's like three times the population of Giles County!!! A logical person would say OK but what does that really mean? What it means is that you have a one in 3,296 chance of dying of this. You will inevitably die and it will statistically be from just about anything but wuhan Covid 1984. Then you look at the average age of death from wuhan is what, 75 last time I saw figures. Then we as logical people would also look further and see that those older at risk people were mostly at deaths door with other serious life threatening problems. So if we factor in real life numbers is your risk of death from wuhan Covid 1984 (I so love that 1984 bit but sadly I did not come up with it) is what? I think it is probably less than 1 out of 300,000 for healthy normal people. Now before you hyperventilate over that consider the conditions I laid out for consideration and prove me wrong. I am not going to dig around for all the precise answers when common sense say's I don't need to. The answers are there for all to see if you care to examine the reality and jettison the hyperbole.

In Tennessee last time I saw numbers it was a death rate of 3.2 per 100,000 in Nashville which was DEATH ZONE CENTRAL 

[great stuff here but mixed media with political]

The real way to report this outside of pure fear mongering and click bait is to say x out of x died from this and here is the break

[unfortunately morphed into politics]

The media just went insane after

[great stuff here, key point but mixed media with political]

14 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

The 2 of you aren't familiar with what doctors do.  They give medicines "on a hunch" all the time. 

Gotta wonder how many of you on this forum are actually taking this supposedly wonderful drug, rather than simply slinging

[great stuff here, but mixed media with political]

Or are you really just taking your normal Flintstones gummies?  

3 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Gotta wonder how many of you on this forum are actually taking this supposedly wonderful drug, rather than simply slinging the Fox News right wing bullshit rhetoric.  Or are you really just taking your normal Flintstones gummies?  

I would certainly take it if infected.  The stats say that it does no harm and there's a possibility it can help.  Seems silly not to.

On another note, the widow of astronaut John Glenn died yesterday.  The cause of death was listed as Covid.  Of course she was also 100 years old.  Seems like there should be a column with an asterisk in it somewhere for these type cases.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Most data suggests it to be used early, not to try and kill the impact of virus later.

I haven't seen anything like that. Where is that data? In fact. Birx said there was nothing on preventive use for COVID.

18 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I would certainly take it if infected.  The stats say that it does no harm and there's a possibility it can help.  Seems silly not to.

On another note, the widow of astronaut John Glenn died yesterday.  The cause of death was listed as Covid.  Of course she was also 100 years old.  Seems like there should be a column with an asterisk in it somewhere for these type cases.

What stats?

She got sick, tested positive for the disease, and then died. What is the asterisk for?

*was going to die soon anyways.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Gotta wonder how many of you on this forum are actually taking this supposedly wonderful drug, rather than simply slinging the Fox News right wing bullshit rhetoric.  Or are you really just taking your normal Flintstones gummies?  

[great stuff here, key point but mixed media with political]

Just now, Deang said:

She got sick, tested positive for the disease, and then died. What is the asterisk for?

An elderly person falls and breaks a hip.  They have a weak heart but make it through the surgery.  3 days later they develop blood clots from poor circulation and die.  Cause of death broken hip?  I understand your point but people die from "natural causes" every day without going into what actually failed and caused their demise.  I'd like to see stats reported that took into account Covid deaths with and without previous underlying conditions.  Those with said conditions would have the asterisk but still counted.

15 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

My sister in law takes it for lupus. She's an asthmatic 4'9" Asian in her late 50s weighing about 90 lbs. One of the first reports I read about hydroxychloroquine was that it was noted how the ones that were taking it for lupus weren't infected. This is a plus for her, with her weakened lung function, and her husband as well, who has been thru cancer treatments, had a heart attack,  and who knows what else. To answer the question, I don't take it now, but would if it were prescribed.

Gotta wonder how many of you on this forum are actually taking this supposedly wonderful drug, rather than simply slinging the [great stuff here but mixed media with political]

Or are you really just taking your normal Flintstones gummies?  

I'm not taking any meds.  I am not waving any flags for any drugs.  I'll let the doctors/patients carry the load.  My opinion (and yours) is worthless.  My only point was Dean and you made categorical statements that it's reckless to take medicines on a hunch, but that's what happens all the time for all kinds of maladies, including arthritis, cancer, mental illness, and on and on...

2 minutes ago, babadono said:

Didn't @Rudy81 say they gave it to him?

Yes and he seemed to think it helped if I'm recalling correctly.  As far as the president goes, this is what I read that his physician told him.  

White House physician released a note Monday night stating that he and Trump concluded "the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks."

Just now, CECAA850 said:

Yes and he seemed to think it helped if I'm recalling correctly.  As far as the president goes, this is what I read that his physician told him.  

White House physician released a note Monday night stating that he and Trump concluded "the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks."

5 minutes ago, babadono said:

Didn't @Rudy81 say they gave it to him? ******

***** with his consent of course.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

IIRC, he later wavered and said he really couldn't be sure if he was given chlor or not because he was pretty much out of it.

I don't remember reading that so I'll refrain from commenting further on this.

44 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Im drinking more Milk, Spending more time in the Sunshine working my butt off and hoping this Rhetoric hangs around a good bit longer, even as inconvenient it is for some.  When this "Rhetoric" leaves, its going to be up to the "Anti Rhetoric" to bring a big stick to the fight to China and we all know how that will turn out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• dtel locked this topic