Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

14 minutes ago, Deang said:

No one is commenting because it's Breibart.

https://www.labpulse.com/index.aspx?sec=sup&sub=mic&pag=dis&ItemID=800971

Yes, early on, patients were treated in hospitals, and once in recovery and testing negative, were sent back into nursing homes - to make room for other sick people in need of treatment. However, they later learned that even after testing negative, a person can still be infectious, or shedding the virus for a week or longer. 

Breitbart and like idiots make it sound like hospitals/states were knowingly sending infected people back into the community.

Well the nursing homes were well aware of the risks posed by being made to accept covid19 patients. They asked, they begged to not allow it to happen. They tried to transfer these covid19 patients to the temporary hospital facilities erected specifically for covid19 and were not allowed to do so. Even though the elderly cross contamination events soared and the fatalities exploded they kept discharging covid19 patients into these facilities. It all ended just recently. So ‘yeah’ they knew that the policy was flawed and that their actions caused unnecessary covid19 deaths for most of the time the policy was in play. In NYC 25% of covid19 deaths resulted from these actions. If civil suits do not follow THAT will be a miracle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I bet when this is all said and done the death toll, outside of deliberate exposure in nursing homes, will be just another serious flu year level just like two whole years ago when we were not paralyzed with bad information.

I bet you’re wrong...... big time. For starts why exclude the nursing home deaths? They were certainly reckless but they are deaths none the less. Any way even w/o the nursing home deaths covid19 has far surpassed all modern influenza seasons by a long shot. Keep in mind that influenza death counts are considered less accurate because they are ‘estimated’ not actual. A real apples to apples comparison of covid19 to the worst modern flu outbreak shows covid19 to be 20 X more lethal.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I bet when this is all said and done the death toll, outside of deliberate exposure in nursing homes, will be just another serious flu year level just like two whole years ago when we were not paralyzed with bad information.

My comment is not comparing the two illnesses; but it sure would be nice if we all took a long, hard look at the the vast amount of misinformation presented, learn something from it, and demand better.  i guess that’s just the downside of free speech; but it is also why i have never felt the media was the Fourth Estate. If they ever were neutral it was before i walked this Earth. A lot of folks protest and make all sorts of demands, if there was ever something worth demanding how about Speak the truth or say nothing. Save the sensationalism for when they're sitting in their smoke-filled rooms, thinking they’re smarter than everyone else and creating their next conspiracy theory. Like Joe Friday said, "Just the facts” why not demand that? I’d like just facts from the media -- i want a “story” i’ll sit down next to the drunk guy at the bar -- and sadly the media is about as reliable as the drunk guy at the bar. 

Were people always this stupid or have we just made the stage bigger for them to show us?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Here’s a link for the nursing home situation in NY...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/us/nursing-homes-coronavirus.html

Damn!!! They really were playing Russian Roulette.  Man, that is inhumane, the one of the stupidest fk'ed-up things I've heard in quite some time......  Can You Say "Class Action Lawsuit"

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

When did the Nielsen ratings start?

very astute -- brittanica says tv ratings by nielson began in 1950. probably just a coincidence--the desire to be number one never led anyone to do anything misleading or nefarious.

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

My comment is not comparing the two illnesses; but it sure would be nice if we all took a long, hard look at the the vast amount of misinformation presented, learn something from it, and demand better.  i guess that’s just the downside of free speech; but it is also why i have never felt the media was the Fourth Estate. If they ever were neutral it was before i walked this Earth. A lot of folks protest and make all sorts of demands, if there was ever something worth demanding how about Speak the truth or say nothing. Save the sensationalism for when they're sitting in their smoke-filled rooms, thinking they’re smarter than everyone else and creating their next conspiracy theory. Like Joe Friday said, "Just the facts” why not demand that? I’d like just facts from the media -- i want a “story” i’ll sit down next to the drunk guy at the bar -- and sadly the media is about as reliable as the drunk guy at the bar. 

Were people always this stupid or have we just made the stage bigger for them to show us?

More "information" from more places means you have to develop a filter for what is real. I would really like just the facts but instead I have to try and see who is right most often over time and who is closer to being accurate on what will happen as a result of actions taken over time. This has gone on forever as human nature has not changed and reading what the Founding Fathers had to say about the media of their time is quite revealing.

• Like 1

States accused of fudging or bungling COVID-19 testing data

"In Georgia, one of the earliest states to ease up on lockdowns and assure the public it was safe to go out again, the Department of Public Health published a graph around May 11 that showed new COVID-19 cases declining over time in the most severely affected counties. The daily entries, however, were not arranged in chronological order but in descending order.

For example, the May 7 totals came right before April 26, which was followed by May 3. A quick look at the graph made it appear as if the decline was smoother than it really was."

Easy to see how good Georgia's doing!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave A said:

More "information" from more places means you have to develop a filter for what is real.

I agree; but sadly too many just want their opinions validated thus will seek out and deem reliable only those who will do that. Human nature to a degree. I confess i have researched things before in order to prove my position and it’s a tough pill to swallow when I’m wrong. Unfortunately,  truth isn’t what a lot of people are seeking and i suspect very few will admit when they’re wrong. Maybe Jack Nicholson was right when he said “You can’t handle the truth,” i mean sometimes the truth will force a person to accept a completely different reality than the one they want. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I agree; but sadly too many just want their opinions validated thus will seek out and deem reliable only those who will do that. Human nature to a degree. I confess i have researched things before in order to prove my position and it’s a tough pill to swallow when I’m wrong. Unfortunately,  truth isn’t what a lot of people are seeking and i suspect very few will admit when they’re wrong. Maybe Jack Nicholson was right when he said “You can’t handle the truth,” i mean sometimes the truth will force a person to accept a completely different reality than the one they want. 

If you can't change your mind when confronted with truth beyond doubt then yes I think you were not really looking for answers.

• Like 2

• dtel locked this topic