Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

"Truth beyond doubt....." absolutely my favorite line so far.  A true classic Dave.

Remember to read all sources in an unbiased fashion, then make your decision.  I find most of the disinformation comes from not providing context or all the information.  That's why if you have multiple sources, including your perception of how the media portrays stuff, you can get a good feeling of what is close to the truth.

One person to watch is Fauci.  I like the way he calls some information anecdotal and others promising.   Just the difference in the words though meaning the same can tell you the bias.  Neither is proven.  Drives me nuts. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave A said:

You mean the ones caused by bad governmental decisions or the ones that would have happened under a normal environment? OK where is the apples to apples comparison?

Okay........   I have read where the maximum number of actual deaths caused by influenza was 15,000 in one years time. Those are folks who died and their death certificate noted cause of death to be the flu. An actual dead body. Now the CDC takes that data and extrapolates what they think the total dead would’ve been. For that year this 15,000 number translated into 65,000 ESTIMATED total deaths.

Now the ‘actual’ covid19 dead......   real dead bodies with a cause of death listed as covid19’ is hovering in the 90,000 range and this is in a matter of months, not a whole year. You compare 15K to 90K keeping in mind that in a years time that covid19 value is going to sadly be a lot bigger. Now feel free to take away from that 90,000 covid19 dead body count anything you want for any reason you choose. You’ve got a lot of reduction to get to 15,000.

The comparison is ‘actual dead’ to ‘actual dead’ and covid19 outpaces the worst influenza outbreak by a very wide margin.

6 hours ago, babadono said:

***** with his consent of course.

I remember reading that he said it stopped the virus in it's tracks -----------

For all the doubters -------------

On 4/3/2020 at 12:43 PM, Rudy81 said:

The President knew it would work, and it does.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Here’s a link for the nursing home situation in NY...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/us/nursing-homes-coronavirus.html

---------it's no different elsewhere -whether USA-NY- MN  and even Canada which a have a free medical care system

The   Washington Post reported 2 days ago that in Canada ------81 percent of coronavirus deaths are in long-term care facilities ...

----Minnesota nursing homes, already the site of 81% of COVID-19 deaths-https://www.startribune.com/minn-nursing-homes-already-site-of-81-of-covid-19-deaths-still-taking-in-infected-patients/570601282/

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

The comparison is ‘actual dead’ to ‘actual dead’ and covid19 outpaces the worst influenza outbreak by a very wide margin.

Yea but....... aren't Doctor's saying they're being pressured to list COVID-19 as cause of death to get more $$$$. This is a cluster F$%k.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, babadono said:

Yea but....... aren't Doctor's saying they're being pressured to list COVID-19 as cause of death to get more $$$$. This is a cluster F$%k.

How many doctors, one, two or three? Or 3 million? Show me some data.

JJK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RANDYH said:

I remember reading that he said it stopped the virus in it's tracks -----------

For all the doubters -------------

If you think big pharma isn't doing everything in its power to downplay any positive press on this you're fooling yourself. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If you think big pharma isn't doing everything in its power to downplay any positive press on this you're fooling yourself. 

That was one of the reasons for my remark on Fauci.  Part of the infrastructure.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, babadono said:

There is pressure from the sounds of it.  The narrative and the $$$ are the real pressure.  I understand wanting to compensate for the virus but whenever there is money involved, ulterior motives slip in.

49 minutes ago, babadono said:

Okay.......   the premise here is comparing 15K to 90K and you are questioning the 90K value. By how much? To get to ‘even steven’ you’d need to discount 75K covid19 deaths. Do you seriously believe that 75,000 death certificates have been falsified to defraud the gov’t? 

That’s the absurdity of continuing to try and soft sell covid19 as similar in any fashion to a ‘bad’ flu season. The worst flu season of recent had 15K real dead body deaths in an entire year. That was the count for the whole annual flu season. We have 90+K for covid19 in 3 months time and it is not over yet. 

So can we put the influenza comparisons away now?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

for sure , the first cost peanuts , the others an arm and a leg , similar to the drugs that sells for 2k$ in the USA and a few $ overseas -

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Okay........   I have read where the maximum number of actual deaths caused by influenza was 15,000 in one years time. Those are folks who died and their death certificate noted cause of death to be the flu. An actual dead body. Now the CDC takes that data and extrapolates what they think the total dead would’ve been. For that year this 15,000 number translated into 65,000 ESTIMATED total deaths.

Now the ‘actual’ covid19 dead......   real dead bodies with a cause of death listed as covid19’ is hovering in the 90,000 range and this is in a matter of months, not a whole year. You compare 15K to 90K keeping in mind that in a years time that covid19 value is going to sadly be a lot bigger. Now feel free to take away from that 90,000 covid19 dead body count anything you want for any reason you choose. You’ve got a lot of reduction to get to 15,000.

Links please.

2 minutes ago, Dave A said:

They charge more for many medicines here than they charge for the same thing in other countries.

cost of pharmaceuticals is regulated in Canada , and they even regulate generics ----and the big pharma still make a lot of  money ---

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic