Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

55 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

That was one of the reasons for my remark on Fauci.  Part of the infrastructure.

the man is 79 years old , bu he doesnt look a day over 60-

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RANDYH said:

---------it's no different elsewhere -whether USA-NY- MN  and even Canada which a have a free medical care system

The   Washington Post reported 2 days ago that in Canada ------81 percent of coronavirus deaths are in long-term care facilities ...

----Minnesota nursing homes, already the site of 81% of COVID-19 deaths-https://www.startribune.com/minn-nursing-homes-already-site-of-81-of-covid-19-deaths-still-taking-in-infected-patients/570601282/

That's why I had posted the link to the Al Jazeera article about lower death rates in south asia. Pakistan has a median age of 22.t, plus the do different vaccines for those in the under 18 month age group. They don't know why, for sure, but think those things may play a part. Let's face it, westerners tend to have higher incidence of diabetes, obesity, heart disease...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marvel said:

That's why I had posted the link to the Al Jazeera article about lower death rates in south asia. Pakistan has a median age of 22.t, plus the do different vaccines for those in the under 18 month age group. They don't know why, for sure, but think those things may play a part. Let's face it, westerners tend to have higher incidence of diabetes, obesity, heart disease...

It is possible that those parts of the world received vaccinations for tuberculosis. Some feel that this vaccine offers some immunity to covid19. Most countries do not vaccinate for tuberculosis because it makes tracking active cases very hard. Most countries rely on TB skin tests to show active cases. If you get vaccinated for TB your skin test will show a false positive. Then the only way to find real active cases is to do the diagnostics, chest X-rays, etc which is a lot more costly. But in 3rd world places they will inoculate for TB because it is so prevalent. 

I really do not know if this pertains to the regions in question. But it might.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

I really do not know if this pertains to the regions in question. But it might.

It does... 😉

Researchers in those countries are trying to make sense of it all, like here, but can't say scientifically, exactly why their numbers work out differently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Dave A said:

[Bare link, no intro, no outer, just a link, to a political online publication and the link had right in it "political"]

Started to go downhill for here which was one if the first posts of the day. I think from this point I had to modify all but 2 or 3 posts,.and then it got tiresome so I just completely hid offending posts towards the end.

• Moderators
20 hours ago, pzannucci said:

A number of states are revising their numbers.  Anyone dying of COVID (tripped and hit your head) is a COVID death.

Glad some are pushing back on the way the deaths are counted.

Why are they revising their numbers? How are they revising their numbers?

You may find that the numbers are being revised based on the National Epidemiological Committee's reccomendations to CDC, which CDC adopted on April 14th. 

I posted the entire thing  These are the "Provisional Death" figures. Those lag by 2 to 8 weeks. 

This was in the time frame when there were 2,000 deaths per day. Provisional death numbers are updated weekly by CDC. All deaths, from what ever cause, are reported by states to national vital statistics agency, and passed on to CDC.

It's all there in black and white on CDC site.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Why are they revising their numbers? How are they revising their numbers?

You may find that the numbers are being revised based on the National Epidemiological Committee's reccomendations to CDC, which CDC adopted on April 14th. 

I posted the entire thing  These are the "Provisional Death" figures. Those lag by 2 to 8 weeks. 

This was in the time frame when there were 2,000 deaths per day. Provisional death numbers are updated weekly by CDC. All deaths, from what ever cause, are reported by states to national vital statistics agency, and passed on to CDC.

It's all there in black and white on CDC site.

Other factors have crept in apparently.  We won't have any legitimate (as we can call them) numbers for a while.  The demographics will be telling.   I think it's close to 80%+ over 60yrs old.

4 minutes ago, Deang said:

What bothers me more than anything about this is the dismissive attitude by some of you towards the "old". I think it's disgusting.

The "some of you" are living in the moment and do not comprehend the past or future.

JJK

• Like 1

• Moderators

Interrupting your regularly scheduled program. There is an active shooter reported at the Naval Air Station in Corpus Christi TX. Our very own [mention]USNRET [/mention] is employed at that facility. Prayers for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• dtel locked this topic