Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

• Moderators
3 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Other factors have crept in apparently.  We won't have any legitimate (as we can call them) numbers for a while.  The demographics will be telling.   I think it's close to 80%+ over 60yrs old.

It will be plus or minus 5% what it is in Canada and Europe. What are those numbers? It doesn't come in from Washington and New York and say, I think I like this group. Absent a significant mutation it's the same disease.

I read a number yesterday, 45 to 65 is about 1/3, but I can't remember where. I also saw that our deaths per 100,000 were .05 and Sweden's were rising to up over .08.

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Deang said:

What bothers me more than anything about this is the dismissive attitude by some of you towards the "old". I think it's disgusting.

I think "old" for this disease is going to end up being 60, unless you are diabetic, overweight, smoker, vaper, hx of respiratory problems or heart problems, those people are a flip of the coin.

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

Interrupting your regularly scheduled program. There is an active shooter reported at the Naval Air Station in Corpus Christi TX. Our very own [mention]USNRET [/mention] is employed at that facility. Prayers for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's over.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, tube fanatic said:

It is situations like this, which involve the CDC as well, which causes many to doubt the integrity of guys like Fauci:

https://www.fdareview.org/2019/07/29/worried-about-big-pharma-then-reduce-the-fdas-regulatory-power/

Maynard

Not seeing the connection between the former head if FDA getting a cushy advisor job at Pfizer and Fauci. 

I think we should shut the FDA, CDC and NIH down after this.

We certainly don't need the FDA, we can trust drug companies to do the right thing.

Let the lawyers keep it in check.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

We certainly don't need the FDA, we can trust drug companies to do the right thing.

I think you may have wanted to post this in the Jokes thread.

7 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I used to occasionally listen to some of the things that Deshowitz would say, but now he's just a hack and a pawn.

Well sure he is, he responded on Fox News. Had you seen it on CNN you would have framed it —

47 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Not seeing the connection between the former head if FDA getting a cushy advisor job at Pfizer and Fauci. 

I think we should shut the FDA, CDC and NIH down after this.

“Let the lawyers keep it in check”?  Wrong thread, check this into Joke of the Day. Yeah, all the lawyers elected to Congress and recruited to the lobbyist syndicate have always done a bang up job “for the people”. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richieb said:

Well sure he is, he responded on Fox News. Had you seen it on CNN you would have framed it —

Not at all.  Has nothing to do with it.  Thanks for your interest though, however misguided it might be.

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

I think "old" for this disease is going to end up being 60, unless you are diabetic, overweight, smoker, vaper, hx of respiratory problems or heart problems, those people are a flip of the coin.

I think it's about 20% for 60-65.

This thing would slowly burn away if some people would at least make an attempt to follow recommended guidelines.

12 minutes ago, Deang said:

This thing would slowly burn away if some people would at least make an attempt to follow recommended guidelines.

But they are not, especially in the South, and the infection numbers are rising rapidly there.  Big surprise.

12 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

It is possible that those parts of the world received vaccinations for tuberculosis. Some feel that this vaccine offers some immunity to covid19

China-iNDIA-PAKISTAN  also give out vaccines for TB ------

37 minutes ago, Deang said:

I think it's about 20% for 60-65.

they could have given out free masks  and even faceshields ----to the population most at risk and they can even do it as we speak  , the GVNMT holds all the medical PEE supplies -

• Sad 1

• dtel locked this topic