Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

Not seeing the connection between the former head if FDA getting a cushy advisor job at Pfizer and Fauci. 

I think we should shut the FDA, CDC and NIH down after this.

We certainly don't need the FDA, we can trust drug companies to do the right thing.

Let the lawyers keep it in check.

can you imagine the Red Tape and the bureaucratic Administration between all these agencies ---why not just make them into 1 Agency that can act more efficiently

41 minutes ago, Deang said:

I think it's okay. All of those old people were going to die of something else soon anyways.

I know you’re speaking tongue-n-cheek but how covid19 kills folks is really cruel and un-joke-worthy. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

I know you’re speaking tongue-n-cheek but how covid19 kills folks is really cruel and un-joke-worthy. 

no one deserves to die ---and even less from an infection in CHINA that went un-checked by the WHO

32 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Yes, it's terrible in the form of sarcasm, but far worse when said seriously -- go lecture those folks.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Do you seriously believe that 75,000 death certificates have been falsified to defraud the gov’t? 

No. But maybe some.

16 hours ago, JJkizak said:

How many doctors, one, two or three? Or 3 million? Show me some data.

3 million docs? That there is funny. if there were 3 million docs maybe i would not have to wait 2 months to see mine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

But they are not, especially in the South, and the infection numbers are rising rapidly there.  Big surprise.

Surprise?  I'm assuming you're being your normal snarky self meaning that you're not surprised.  Why so?

Percentage of population infected.

Michigan .005084

Ohio  .002519

Indiana  .004455

Texas  .001798  we got a ways to go to catch you.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, babadono said:

3 million docs? That there is funny. if there were 3 million docs maybe i would not have to wait 2 months to see mine.

I hear ya! However, the US has around 1 million docs.

When the original thread started, we had of course limited but some data about the virus. Some drew upon the historical data to try to make some sense of this strain of pathogen. Some good progress was made and now we have more data to crunch. Still a ways to go to gain the perspective needed to

answer some remaining questions. More data needed.

All in all, thinking a pretty good job

of it. It is after all a difficult job.

Thanks to all the ones here who

are making a contribution to the

understanding.

Just doing the best job that I can with the tools that I've got... another old saying.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

But they are not, especially in the South, and the infection numbers are rising rapidly there.  Big surprise.

Hey, whoa! You saying we is ignorant down here? My hair is going in.20 different directions from staying home.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Surprise?  I'm assuming you're being your normal snarky self meaning that you're not surprised.  Why so?

Percentage of population infected.

Michigan .005084

Ohio  .002519

Indiana  .004455

Texas  .001798  we got a ways to go to catch you.

Here's how things are in our neck of the woods.

Posted Thursday, May 21, 2020 11:01 am
From Staff Reports

The number of people in the hospital in WilCo continues to trend upward. According to Thursday’s update from the Williamson County and Cities Health District (WCCHD), 24 people are currently in the hospital with Covid-19, up eight from yesterday.

This is the highest daily number of hospitalizations since the pandemic began. Until this week, the daily hospitalization rate has ranged between 8 and 12.

Thursday’s update reports seven new confirmed cases of Covid-19 which pushed the cumulative total to 520 with 292 reported recoveries. Seventy-eight new cases have been reported in the past seven days.

Since the first cases were reported March 18, 20 people have died.

According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, as of yesterday, WilCo has administered 7,363 tests, 320 more than the previous day’s report. The service reports that 3,495 tests have been administered since May 6, an average of 268 a day. Due to the way this information is reported, this number could be two days old.

Since the first WilCo report was issued, the county has averaged 8.25 new cases per day. One week ago, the average daily new case count was 7.91 On May 1, the average was 7.12 new cases each day. The current rolling 7-day average is 11.14 new cases a day.

As of noon Thursday, seven people are in ICU. A total of 82 people have been hospitalized since the pandemic’s beginning. County health officials are currently tracking 208 open cases.

Statewide:

• 770,241 tests have been administered. 97% were run by private labs.
  • 51,323 Texans tested positive for the coronavirus as of May 20  1,411 more than the day before and 8,920 more than a week ago. An estimated 30,341 have recovered
  • 1,419 Texans have died as of May 20  50 more than the day before and 261 more than a week ago.
  • 1,680 people are in the hospital.

Here the population of our county is 255,001.  There have been 472 cases and 26 deaths which is 0.000102% of the population.  Infected are 0.001851% of the population.  There's a push for more testing and now you don't have to be symptomatic to be tested.  I'm sure with more testing there'll be more positives but we're not seeing a spike in positives.......yet.

• dtel locked this topic