Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

8 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

same here ----

I'm certain that if I were symptomatic I would but for now, no.  It's a waste of a test that could be used on someone who needs it as far as I'm concerned.

6 hours ago, Deang said:

I think it's about 20% for 60-65.

This thing would slowly burn away if some people would at least make an attempt to follow recommended guidelines.

Think closer to 8-10%.  Over 80 is 30-40%

10 minutes ago, Deang said:

Ouch, 65-74.... 

Lifestyle when they were young, smoking etc., may have a little to do with it along with ailments such as hypertension, diabetes, and clogged arteries.  They are higher with age also.

I would really like to know why older people are so much more at risk.  Seems they could find more concrete facts since they stay that the older folks immune defenses are more virulent.  Is that really what causes the problems?

Thanks for the link.

This is somewhat collateral to the covid19 but maybe not. China is now having its annual political pow-wow and has announced intentions to bring Hong Kong to its knees. Last year we witnessed some fairly violent clashes between the Hong Kong civilians vs the Chinese leadership. This year China seems driven to put Hong Kong in its place. Gotta think this is going to get real ugly, real fast.

Wonder if China is emboldened thinking the west is set back on its heels dealing with covid19? And if (when) China prevails in Hong Kong will Taiwan be next? Could China be taking advantage of the epidemic or are they maybe following a planned course of action?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-52762291

Edited by Bosco-d-gama
Added the link
  • Like 1

The Chinese appear to want to make big moves, when the west is preoccupied. Just as Russia has in the past. You could almost place money on it. Sure we are watching and listening to the talk. Could be messy with Hong Kong and a real flap up when it comes to Taiwan.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Vitamin D is looking to be more and more important to keep up on.

Yes.  Was figured in early on.  Seems they are really linking it to the Europeans.  

Go get your D3, zinc, and C!!!! 

We aren't getting any younger.

6 minutes ago, billybob said:

The Chinese appear to want to make big moves, when the west is preoccupied. Just as Russia has in the past. You could almost place money on it. Sure we are watching and listening to the talk. Could be messy with Hong Kong and a real flap up when it comes to Taiwan.

This could be the beginning of some uglier times than just the virus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

If they know the west is watching, which they know we are, they are probably sending up a trial balloon. No doubt, they can do it, but how far will they push it, may tell alot, while we watch.

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

China and the US are playing submarine tango right now.

China launched 2 new modernized Jin class subs last month, the US has sent all attack subs from Guam, and at least 2 more from Hawaii for at least 7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

China and the US are playing submarine tango right now.

China launched 2 new modernized Jin class subs last month, the US has sent all attack subs from Guam, and at least 2 more from Hawaii for at least 7.

Well, that's not good - but radiation would take care of the germ problem.

• dtel locked this topic