Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

China and the US are playing submarine tango right now.

China launched 2 new modernized Jin class subs last month, the US has sent all attack subs from Guam, and at least 2 more from Hawaii for at least 7.

you forgot the Japanese , the French and Australians , and  the Brits -

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

China and the US are playing submarine tango right now.

China launched 2 new modernized Jin class subs last month, the US has sent all attack subs from Guam, and at least 2 more from Hawaii for at least 7.

these 2 articles are  about the Australian new sub program , and the USA's  concerns

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-11/australia-urged-to-embrace-nuclear-submarines/12043444

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-02/australia-submarine-aircraft-defence-spending-china-dominance/11269412

• Like 1

i just realized that i haven’t been to a gas station in over three months ... same with a restaurant.  I may set a record for the longest time without visiting a fast food joint, although eating canned chili and microwave rice and potatoes, my diet isn’t any healthier. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i just realized that i haven’t been to a gas station in over three months ... same with a restaurant.  I may set a record for the longest time without visiting a fast food joint, although eating canned chili and microwave rice and potatoes, my diet isn’t any healthier. 

dude, I would love to help you out as the brother you are.  Get a rice cooker.  

• Like 2

Besides China has plenty I guess.

Got a can finally of the Wolfs chili with beans, may have to try it soon. See they had it without.

They even have those rice microwave cookers nowadays.

Simple dimple s. Stay healthy y'all.

8 hours ago, billybob said:

Our political system was put in place to save us and it looks like nobody ever believed that it could cause division to the level we now have.  I guess social media didn't exist back in the 1700's.  Well maybe the system will kill us instead.  Let's watch who wins, the "right to workers" or the "lockdowners".  If the workers win, the politics of the lockdown will kill a bunch needlessly.  If the workers are wrong, the pandemic will explode in the next couple of weeks.

As for the drugs, we are so divided that each wants to prove the other wrong no matter what the costs, including lives.  It just doesn't matter. They gave an oath to science and threw it all away for an agenda.

• Sad 1

I’m very surprised that no one is investigating the use of interferons for treating the virus.  They can be extremely useful and inexpensive (the latter probably being the reason why they are not being investigated!).  I shouldn’t be surprised since the FDA and CDC exist to protect the financial interests of the pharmaceutical industry.

https://cmr.asm.org/content/14/4/778

Maynard

1 hour ago, tube fanatic said:

I’m very surprised that no one is investigating the use of interferons for treating the virus.  They can be extremely useful and inexpensive (the latter probably being the reason why they are not being investigated!).  I shouldn’t be surprised since the FDA and CDC exist to protect the financial interests of the pharmaceutical industry.

https://cmr.asm.org/content/14/4/778

Maynard

Anything simple and cheap will not make the cut.  Washington and our govt ELECTED officials (maybe not all) are out to make money / donations.  Thanks for the pointer.  Send it to your congressman and Fauci but it doesn't fit the bill unfortunately.  There is a greater good here you know.  

20 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Surprise?  I'm assuming you're being your normal snarky self meaning that you're not surprised.  Why so?

Percentage of population infected.

Michigan .005084

Ohio  .002519

Indiana  .004455

Texas  .001798  we got a ways to go to catch you.

Yes and Tennessee is way behind Indiana too. Those people up there must be doing something wrong. Went to Tractor Supply to get seeds (eat your heart out MI) and no one thought the dire and imminent life threatening media generated reasons o destroy the country with covid 1984 was real. No one I talked to knew anyone personally that had it once again. A side benefit to all this is that young people who are seeing their futures thrown away for nothing are now paying attention to those who want to shut down the USA and asking why.

13 hours ago, pzannucci said:

This could be the beginning of some uglier times than just the virus.

Have you ever wondered what it was like just before WW1 and WW2? We have history books with varying degrees of accuracy but I have to think there was a general decline in stability in many areas that made it ripe to happen. Way before my time but I have had WW2 ration books before. You want to see something funny show a young person one of these and they have no idea what it is.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dave A said:

YES and so is sunlight which helps create it naturally in your body.

You would think so but the areas where people should have gotten enough sunlight in Europe didn't fair as well.

Take your supplements. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

You would think so but the areas where people should have gotten enough sunlight in Europe didn't fair as well.

Take your supplements. 

Say do you think UV from welding makes vitamin D too? I ought to be safe.

• dtel locked this topic