Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

Earlier this week, there was a testing site close by. Open from 

9-12 AM. By 9:30 they were folding up the tent due to weather which never came. Said, they will be back. After isolation, there are potential candidates local, who are more interested in the antibodies test. Me for one.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, billybob said:

@Rudy81 has... and some others Will be interested to see your results along with others here.

Well...I kinda figure that I had it...but I had absolutely no idea what it was at the time because not enough info was available about the symptoms specific to having it!  Such is the way of life!  I still can't taste what I eat worth a damn! And my olfactory senses are still a bit screwed up....but my lungs seem to be OK...except for all the cigarettes I have been smoking (about twice as many as NORMAL for me!) while sittin' on my arse hiding from something I probably am already immune to!

The GOOD thing is that the Doc I saw there in the Philippines for TWO things, one a staff infection in my leg and the other the pneumonia symptoms...prescribed the Z-pack for the pneumonia symptoms...which probably saved my life!

Here is my risk category info, in case any of you wanna know:  67 year old smoker, on DEFINITELY-needed CPAP machine at night...taking two blood pressure meds, along with Metformin for pre-diabetes issues...and additionally taking a baby aspirin for a blood thinner to keep my heart working, and I guess my taking Potassium citrate (Urocit-K) to help rid my body of excessive uric acid (for uric-acid-kidney-stone preventative and gout preventative) might figure into the equation...so I kinda  THINK that my "risk category" is pretty damned high...LOL!

BTW the "pneumonia" I had was the worst case I ever had...gelatinous crap, too!  I took the pneumonia vaccine a few years back and it didn't help me much (if any!) this time around!

I was clearing up pretty good before I left to return stateside, though, and hadn't been feverish in a half a month at the time...I took the last of the Z-pac a few days before I returned!  But even after I got home...it was over two months before my lungs seemed to be "normal" again (for a 2+ pack a day cigarette smoker!).

The crazy thing about this FOR ME, is the guilt trip I have had about most likely exposing my wife and every member of her extended family to the virus...because we were ALL THERE together every damned day...the entire clan!  Her youngest brother was having his church wedding, so EVERYBODY WAS AROUND ME...for between 5 and 30 days! (depending on how many days they could stay there!), when I was the sickest they were ALL: being exposed!  But...so far...none of them have been sick from that it seems!  NONE OF THEM!!  And they SHOULD HAVE BEEN, in my mind, anyway!!  Thank God for THAT!

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Well...I kinda figure that I had it...but I had absolutely no idea what it was at the time because not enough info was available about the symptoms specific to having it!  Such is the way of life!  I still can't taste crap worth a damn! And my olfactory senses are still a bit screwed up....but my lungs seem to be OK...except for all the cigarettes I have been smoking (about twice as many as NORMAL for me!) while sittin' on my arse hiding from something I probably am already immune to!

The GOOD thing is that the Doc I saw there for TWO things, one a staff infection in my leg and the other the pneumonia symptoms...prescribed the Z-pack for the pneumonia symptoms...which probably saved my life!

Here is my risk category info, in case any of you wanna know:  67 year old smoker, on DEFINITELY-needed CPAP machine at night...taking two blood pressure meds, along with Metformin for pre-diabetes issues...and additionally taking a baby aspirin for a blood thinner to keep my heart working, and I guess my taking Potassium citrate (Urocit-K) to help rid my body of excessive uric acid (for uric-acid-kidney-stone preventative and gout preventative) might figure into the equation...so I kinda  THINK that my "risk category" is pretty damned high...LOL!

BTW the "pneumonia" I had was the worst case I ever had...gelatinous crap, too!  I took the pneumonia vaccine a few years back and it didn't help me much (if any!) this time around!

Yes think most would say you are higher in risk category. The Z-Pak

I have taken before awhile back.

Looks like he was treating you for the bacterial type.

Pretty soon then, you will know

about the antibodies m

Have had potassium levels checked before outpatient surgery.

Think doctors have to see a good pottassium level before proceeding.

Music listening then...

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, RANDYH said:

Didn't have time to read yet, but Janes has pretty much had an article a week for last 8 months on that AUS/French deal. I think their preference would have been that things would calm down and it didn't require a dozen new submarines. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JJkizak said:

Oh well there's always apricot seeds.

JJK

Amygdalin; laetrile, B17, everyone knows are a cure for cancer, kept off the US market because of a conspiracy between the FDA, Big Pharma, the AMA and the American Cancer Society. Everyone knows that. Right?

The No. 1 example of medical quackery and why FDA is essential. People in that type of position are desperate for anything, will do anything, pay anything. They need protection, there is no mechanism to to deter it.

44 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Amygdalin; laetrile, B17, everyone knows are a cure for cancer, kept off the US market because of a conspiracy between the FDA, Big Pharma, the AMA and the American Cancer Society. Everyone knows that. Right?

The No. 1 example of medical quackery and why FDA is essential. People in that type of position are desperate for anything, will do anything, pay anything. They need protection, there is no mechanism to to deter it.

Well YEAH.......   That’s why cancer only exists in America. Thuggery I say!

• Moderators

I thought the South was gonna do it again.

So is this virus a hoax? Whipped up hysteria? Is Montgomery so starved for money they are throwing everyone in an ICU bed to get an extra $13,000?

Is it possible for someone who has at least 8 years of college/graduate work in a medical/scientific field specifically focused on infectious disease can look at behavior/prevention policy and predict probable outcomes? Or are they just throwing bones?

Just saw this, even though two days old:

On Wednesday, Montgomery, Ala., Mayor Steven Reed announced his city was facing a crisis: the hospitals were out of ICU beds. “Right now, if you’re from Montgomery, and you need an ICU bed, you’re in trouble … our health-care system has been maxed out.” Reed said. The news came as a research team warned that a second wave of coronavirus infections was likely in the South — Dallas, Houston, southeast Florida, the entire state of Alabama — where reopening has happened rapidly, and other counties with cases on the rise.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Well YEAH.......   That’s why cancer only exists in America. Thuggery I say!

Mexico has all the cancer you want, Switzerland does do, even if you don't have it, they can get it for you, and then cure you. It's amazing.

7 hours ago, Marvel said:

So the Lancet used info across multiple continents (96 thousand plus people, over 14 thousand who were treated with HQ), and made adjustments for different risk factors, and come up with the results. I understand you can lie with stats. Here is the Lancet article on their data crunching:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6/fulltext

Took a good read of this work. So they looked at the medical records for a select group of covid19 patients and looked for just 2 things, cardiac arrhythmia (ventricular) and deaths. They were able to carve out those patients who were administered chloroquine type drugs from those who did not. They found associations with both indices with being administered the chloroquine drugs.

What I find interesting is that they did not attempt to look at viral loads. Perhaps it is a variable not available worldwide but I’d doubt that since all covid19 tests look for viral loads. Chloroquine type drugs were shown to be effective in directly reducing covid19 viral loads in vitro. And other covid19 studies have correlated viral loads with severity of the disease. One of those was published in Lancers. So viral load would certainly be of interest when studying an antiviral cocktail of drugs....... I’d think.

Generally speaking the paper is being referred to as ‘observational’ and lacking in the ability to determine cause and effect relationships. Plus, I’d have to wonder how diligently 96,000 medical records were reviewed in such a short time frame. It could not have been a deliberate or rigorous investigation. 

Well facts are facts and chloroquine still doesn’t seem all that garsh doggone good.  

33 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Took a good read of this work. So they looked at the medical records for a select group of covid19 patients and looked for just 2 things, cardiac arrhythmia (ventricular) and deaths. They were able to carve out those patients who were administered chloroquine type drugs from those who did not. They found associations with both indices with being administered the chloroquine drugs.

What I find interesting is that they did not attempt to look at viral loads. Perhaps it is a variable not available worldwide but I’d doubt that since all covid19 tests look for viral loads. Chloroquine type drugs were shown to be effective in directly reducing covid19 viral loads in vitro. And other covid19 studies have correlated viral loads with severity of the disease. One of those was published in Lancers. So viral load would certainly be of interest when studying an antiviral cocktail of drugs....... I’d think.

Generally speaking the paper is being referred to as ‘observational’ and lacking in the ability to determine cause and effect relationships. Plus, I’d have to wonder how diligently 96,000 medical records were reviewed in such a short time frame. It could not have been a deliberate or rigorous investigation. 

Well facts are facts and chloroquine still doesn’t seem all that garsh doggone good.  

Nope but I'd like to have bird shot vs. an empty gun.  There is a big problem with clotting also.  Chloroquine is supposed to help with both inflammation and clotting.  As you said, cocktail may be the key.

Fauci is back tracking some on the lock down.  Interesting.  Saying there will be irreparable damage.  

Said keep an eye on him.  Wonder why the change.....  Be cautious of course.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/fauci-irreparable-damage-long-closure/507-9291ac51-c950-4272-82a6-c29461784920

Didn't sound like he was for any type of coming out until now.

1 hour ago, pzannucci said:

Fauci is back tracking some on the lock down.  Interesting.  Saying there will be irreparable damage.  

Said keep an eye on him.  Wonder why the change.....  Be cautious of course.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/fauci-irreparable-damage-long-closure/507-9291ac51-c950-4272-82a6-c29461784920

Didn't sound like he was for any type of coming out until now.

I called him a liar a few pages back, but that fell under the mod editing knife. He, Fauci, like many others, has no answer for what to do, including the... well, you know who. I have advocated wearing a mask, stay at home, flatten the curve and all the while wondering if it is not what it was as presented. Fauci came out saying there is no need to wear a mask, but it was an airborne pathogen... then we all need to wear a mask. Then we have the spikes 5 minutes after 're-opening' and other sloped information, such as 'needed' ships floated into areas to help.  

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Why? It's just like the flu, way over hyped by the media as part of a mass conspiracy drive by drug companies.

Nothing to worry about here, go about your daily lives and trust the talking heads to draw you attention away what health officials and medial experts are saying.

Yep, just one in the right line of work. Maybe a worker at the local redneck restaurant with the all you can eat buffet, esp. on 1/2 price catfish night  would just about do it. 

• dtel locked this topic