Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I called him a liar a few pages back, but that fell under the mod editing knife. He, Fauci, like many others, has no answer for what to do, including the... well, you know who. I have advocated wearing a mask, stay at home, flatten the curve and all the while wondering if it is not what it was as presented. Fauci came out saying there is no need to wear a mask,

What was the date of that Newsmax broadcast again? I think it is quite important we just stay at that point in time until the hearings start. The medical agency he is in charger of started working on a vaccine in mid-January under his direction. All he does is keep repeating, over and over again, "there is some favorable information, but we need the gold standard . . . blind controlled studies." His agency is administering a nearly half billion dollar grant that would  have a vaccine available to every American by the end of the year if it clears 2/3 trials. Who cares about that, he is probably getting 1/2 that under the table, I think we all need to keep focus on his mask comment and spend a lot more time worrying about the fact that this thing escaped from a lab, is probably man made, and intentionally let out of China. Probably as an elaborate scheme to take back Taiwan.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Fauci is back tracking some on the lock down.  Interesting.  Saying there will be irreparable damage.  

Said keep an eye on him.  Wonder why the change.....  Be cautious of course.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/fauci-irreparable-damage-long-closure/507-9291ac51-c950-4272-82a6-c29461784920

Didn't sound like he was for any type of coming out until now.

Here is the full interview. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/22/dr-anthony-fauci-says-staying-closed-for-too-long-could-cause-irreparable-damage.html

I didn't hear him saying anything different than what he said in his senate testimony, in fact very similar to the key points of his opening statement.

Can someone remind me who makes the call on what guidelines are adopted for reopening? Whose call that is? Federal, State, Local? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Here is the full interview. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/22/dr-anthony-fauci-says-staying-closed-for-too-long-could-cause-irreparable-damage.html

I didn't hear him saying anything different than what he said in his senate testimony, in fact very similar to the key points of his opening statement.

Can someone remind me who makes the call on what guidelines are adopted for reopening? Whose call that is? Federal, State, Local? 

The point is that he is now stating this.  A week ago it sounded like wasn't even for kids going back to school in the fall is a prolonged amount of time.  He is now stating we can't stay locked down for a prolonged amount of time.  Very little regard for the economy.

We now know better and should be able to minimize the hot spots but only time will tell.  If a vaccine comes then great, otherwise we're all going to need to be exposed, testing sickness in exchange for life.

Bottom line is that he is driving this (though policy or through scaring people into submission) and needs to provide a realistic pathway back so there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  This is nothing he has done in the past. 

6 hours ago, dwilawyer said:
6 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

And Gates wanting to micro-chip the world. 

only after his 5G network it fully up and running.

Of course.  Think of that transmitter/receiver sitting within 100 feet of you.  They will be able to track your every move 🙂 

In reality there should be more examination of a mm wave.  As far as cel phone use in general, we probably won't know the outcome for another 30 yrs since they stopped publishing data (even testing) with 4G or maybe LTE.

7 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Why? It's just like the flu, way over hyped by the media as part of a mass conspiracy drive by drug companies.

Nothing to worry about here, go about your daily lives and trust the talking heads to draw you attention away what health officials and medial experts are saying.

Yep, just one in the right line of work. Maybe a worker at the local redneck restaurant with the all you can eat buffet, esp. on 1/2 price catfish night  would just about do it. 

The flu doesn't require bulldozers to dig mass graves.

JJK

• Like 2

Read this article and decided to ‘drill’ down on the details.

https://www.newsweek.com/president-trumps-early-action-combat-coronavirus-nursing-homes-has-saved-countless-lives-1506113

Specifically the author touts the feds actions to ‘improve’ infection control in nursing homes. I don’t think so. Essentially the feds solicited input from the long term care industry on operating costs. They all set down and carved through existing regulations to allow these type of facilities to ‘save’ money, reduce costs.

Well these facilities were already famous for cutting corners to save money and these proposed regulations offer them even ‘more’ wiggle room in this regard. Specifically when it comes to infection control,  the existing regulations required at least a “part time” employee dedicated to this purpose. The new regulations removed that requirement and replaced with a vaguer requirement that an employee must have “sufficient” time to do this work. Well, in practical terms, ‘sufficient’ time for a hospital administrator will always be the ‘least’ possible amount of time for the least costly results. They NEVER seek to achieve better levels of care, just the appearance of said care.

I cannot find where these proposed changes were ever enacted. If they were or are enacted they’ll simply enhance the ability of the long term care industry to be even sloppier in how they operate. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, JJkizak said:

The flu doesn't require bulldozers to dig mass graves.

JJK

Wouldn't need as many mass graves if the older folks that were put back into the care facilities, weren't.

Third world countries with inadequate communications mechanisms or people not knowing enough early on, that's another story.  Remember let's all go down town and party.... We're a robust people.... comments such as that didn't help in hot spots in the US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pzannucci said:

Yes, tried to take over the world with software.  No anti-trust monopoly against MS.  He's moved on to bigger and better things.

don't forget  who copied Apple

• dtel locked this topic