Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

20 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Well I suppose it's a virus that causes that so it's marginally on-topic..:)

TX Travis  - I was responding to 2 posts about Firmware backdoors in some brands of PC's ---

• Like 1

I thought the Lancet hydroxychlorquine paper was ‘loose’ and apparently I was correct. So once again hydroxychlorquine is back in the cocktail of drugs with potentially some applications in treating covid19. Hydroxychlorquine is a powerful drug and it has its side effects. But when you’re staring death in the face you take your chances to maybe better your lot. Furthermore if hydroxychlorquine does have some use for treating covid19 perhaps how that works could be identified and enhanced.

And - it surely does look to me that the rush to discredit hydroxychlorquine is motivated by desires to discredit Trumps optimism about the drug. Hydroxychlorquine is certainly no cure but if it has any merit it is of use.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/06/doubt-looms-over-hydroxychloroquine-study-that-halted-global-trials/

15 hours ago, RandyH said:

TX Travis  - I was responding to 2 posts about Firmware backdoors in some brands of PC's ---

You also were continuing based on China hacking of US medical research facilities.

2 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

I thought the Lancet hydroxychlorquine paper was ‘loose’ and apparently I was correct. So once again hydroxychlorquine is back in the cocktail of drugs with potentially some applications in treating covid19. Hydroxychlorquine is a powerful drug and it has its side effects. But when you’re staring death in the face you take your chances to maybe better your lot. Furthermore if hydroxychlorquine does have some use for treating covid19 perhaps how that works could be identified and enhanced.

And - it surely does look to me that the rush to discredit hydroxychlorquine is motivated by desires to discredit Trumps optimism about the drug. Hydroxychlorquine is certainly no cure but if it has any merit it is of use.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/06/doubt-looms-over-hydroxychloroquine-study-that-halted-global-trials/

Well put... you need to draw from your arsenal.  An arsenal usually isn't just one weapon.  

Definitely too much of a political angle and whom ever is trying to cash in to trust the information.  Sad when so many lives are on the line.

Here’s something certain to furrow some eyebrows................    a prominent science group is claiming it has proof that China did manipulate the covid19 virus and further claims it was set free by accident. As the world turns............   continues.........

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/coronavirus-chinese-laboratory-wuhan-mi6-richard-dearlove-conspiracy-theories-a9547851.html

13 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Here’s something certain to furrow some eyebrows................    a prominent science group is claiming it has proof that China did manipulate the covid19 virus and further claims it was set free by accident. As the world turns............   continues.........

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/coronavirus-chinese-laboratory-wuhan-mi6-richard-dearlove-conspiracy-theories-a9547851.html

That wouldn’t surprise me at all. I never thought it was released intentionally, but accidentally and a denial seems plausible. 

6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

That wouldn’t surprise me at all. I never thought it was released intentionally, but accidentally and a denial seems plausible. 

Presuming that this is a lab-crafted contagion it seems strange that China was not more aggressively vigorous in trying to contain its spread - IF - that release was in fact an accident. IMHO how China dealt with the covid19 virus once on the loose is more damning than from whence it originated. China knew it had a monstrous contagion but encouraged activities that spread it around the planet and kept the alarm levels low. It seems too strategic, almost calculated, as though China wanted a pandemic. China is too scientifically sophisticated for anyone to believe it would stupidly or innocently allow such an ugly pandemic to evolve.

If the virus was engineered then it is going to raise a lot of questions. Doubt if we’ll get any answers.

3 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Presuming that this is a lab-crafted contagion it seems strange that China was not more aggressively vigorous in trying to contain its spread - IF - that release was in fact an accident. IMHO how China dealt with the covid19 virus once on the loose is more damning than from whence it originated. China knew it had a monstrous contagion but encouraged activities that spread it around the planet and kept the alarm levels low. It seems too strategic, almost calculated, as though China wanted a pandemic. China is too scientifically sophisticated for anyone to believe it would stupidly or innocently allow such an ugly pandemic to evolve.

If the virus was engineered then it is going to raise a lot of questions. Doubt if we’ll get any answers.

i've felt that it wasn’t deadly enough to be a biological weapon. Just speculating here ... what if the govt didn’t learn of the accidental leak immediately and when they did, it was already spreading rapidly?  This wouldn’t be the first time that someone kept quiet for fear or getting into trouble. That doesn’t explain their horrible irresponsible initial reaction though -- but again, it wouldn’t surprise me if that was just them not being willing to take ownership of this mishap. Deny, deny, deny and don’t do anything to make the world suspect them ... at any cost. 

i really don’t know and at this point, i just want someone to find an effective treatment and vaccine so deaths from this virus will be as low as possible in the future.

15 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Back in the saddle again. Hydroxychlorquine research for covid19 treatment to restart after Lancet study rebuked.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-03/who-to-restart-hydroxychloroquine-study-as-risk-data-questioned?utm_campaign=news&utm_medium=bd&utm_source=applenews

People's agendas.  They couldn't care how many people die.  Shows the sad state of the world.  Maybe the ants were the smart ones and the virus is for a reason.

5 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Plausible Deniability.  Everyone thinks they are too smart to have done this so they couldn't have.  

Knowing how many people were affected outside of Wuhan (in China) in the first couple of months would tell you if they worked to and had the virus contained from the onset.  If so you can let the horses out of the barn to the corral cause it is fenced but not to roam free in the field.

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i've felt that it wasn’t deadly enough to be a biological weapon. Just speculating here ... what if the govt didn’t learn of the accidental leak immediately and when they did, it was already spreading rapidly?  This wouldn’t be the first time that someone kept quiet for fear or getting into trouble. That doesn’t explain their horrible irresponsible initial reaction though -- but again, it wouldn’t surprise me if that was just them not being willing to take ownership of this mishap. Deny, deny, deny and don’t do anything to make the world suspect them ... at any cost. 

i really don’t know and at this point, i just want someone to find an effective treatment and vaccine so deaths from this virus will be as low as possible in the future.

From a tactical perspective the notion of seeding an pandemic illness is to wrest control of your adversaries, not to exterminate them. This is not a combat scenario where eliminating a fighting force using biology is your aim. The best goal would be to destabilize, distract and then once the situation opens weaknesses, make your moves.

3 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Plausible Deniability.  Everyone thinks they are too smart to have done this so they couldn't have.  

Knowing how many people were affected outside of Wuhan (in China) in the first couple of months would tell you if they worked to and had the virus contained from the onset.  If so you can let the horses out of the barn to the corral cause it is fenced but not to roam free in the field.

China can only claim innocence if they’d have allowed unfettered examination of the circumstances, which of course is the exact opposite of what has happened. China is demanding that the world accept whatever their explanations are for any of these events. The only supporting evidence has been examining the virus itself. That is all the west has is the organism. If that can be shown to be ‘tampered’ with then there can only be a few true answers.

• dtel locked this topic