Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

1 hour ago, pzannucci said:

Thinking the headline would more accurately read: Shutdowns ‘delayed’ 60 million covid19 infections. Already the rate/pace of new covid19 infections are rising. Time will tell how severe it will become. It’s sorta like the start of the ‘dark ages’. Covid19 has exposed some serious weaknesses in our systems and 10’s of thousands have died in substandard (IMHO) nursing homes..........  and the rioters desire that we remove police enforcement 😳. Guess these are the same folks who intelligently horded toilet paper for a respiratory disease.

17 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Thinking the headline would more accurately read: Shutdowns ‘delayed’ 60 million covid19 infections. Already the rate/pace of new covid19 infections are rising. Time will tell how severe it will become. It’s sorta like the start of the ‘dark ages’. Covid19 has exposed some serious weaknesses in our systems and 10’s of thousands have died in substandard (IMHO) nursing homes..........  and the rioters desire that we remove police enforcement 😳. Guess these are the same folks who intelligently horded toilet paper for a respiratory disease.

Yes, moving forward, the impacts of the policy to allow all the protesting (great social distancing but I guess with so many folks out of work, what else could they do?) on the numbers in the next couple of weeks.  The ignorance is rampant, sorry to say but we could be proven wrong... doubtful though.

9 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Yes, moving forward, the impacts of the policy to allow all the protesting (great social distancing but I guess with so many folks out of work, what else could they do?) on the numbers in the next couple of weeks.  The ignorance is rampant, sorry to say but we could be proven wrong... doubtful though.

sad  ---- huge public  gatherings  while we are still fighting a pandemic  -

Tune in for the latest "official" study and set of fear mongering stats from CNNLOL. What is true today is not tomorrow and no one on major panicville news networks is leveling with you.  At least with all the peaceful protests going on and approved of by media we now have our proof of manipulative hypocrisy on display since they are allowed but barbers and churches and small mom and pop stores were not in many places. I still like Michigan confining people to homes but you could still venture out for approved essentials like dope, liquor and lottery tickets. I did see what's her face marching the other day and did notice the social distancing and her mortal fear of contracting this deadly disease.

I do however look forward to no police departments in various places as how they will enforce the wuhan red death flu lock down should be fascinating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Thinking the headline would more accurately read: Shutdowns ‘delayed’ 60 million covid19 infections. Already the rate/pace of new covid19 infections are rising.

social distancing = lower infections-

11 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I still like Michigan confining people to homes but you could still venture out for approved essentials like dope, liquor and lottery tickets. 

I do however look forward to no police departments in various places as how they will enforce the wuhan red death flu lock down should be fascinating.

Essentials....

Just make sure you have guns when the police department disappears.  Oh wait, no 2nd Amendment.  

If we are lucky, there will not be a second coming of the virus.  Still the social, political, media, and economic of the first pass will be felt for years if it just doesn't change the US Republic forever.

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

I do however look forward to no police departments in various places...

I believe we could use a far less militarized police... but that's a whole other topic.

34 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I believe we could use a far less militarized police... but that's a whole other topic.

Long, long ago whilst in high school our gymnastics team was challenged to a wrestling tournament by the track team. No problem, we were sure it’d be a cake walk. I was a pretty good sized kid then..... as in muscle mass as well as stature. I was considered too big (tall) for gymnastics. My point? Have you ever tried to muscle someone into submission? Of course wrestling is not life or death but with bragging rights in the line, nobody aimed to lose. Its insanely exhausting. I could not imagine having to bring a criminal under restraint physically, one fighting tooth and nail to not be subdued. It would certainly be nice if we did not need to or have to manage elements in our society intent on malfeasance. Nuf said.

• Thanks 2

This is interesting. Sorry it is from Fox News.... but they reference a valid paper so it is worthy 👍😁. Researchers looked at how covid19 impacts people who live at high altitudes. Those people have adapted to low oxygen levels seen at altitude in many ways. They did find them less susceptible to ‘bad’ covid19 infections but really were unable to isolate exactly why. It is probably multifactorial. Even us ‘sea level’ denizens offer well documented conditions that make covid19 infections worse. High among those is obesity which I am fairly certain is not a huge problem in the Andes (the work was done in Bolivia). It’s an interesting read.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-and-high-altitudes-how-distance-from-sea-level-offers-inhabitants-leverage

What’s the saying - “be careful what you wish for” - for those cities that de-fund or eliminate local police departments. People need to think things through more carefully before getting caught up in the rhetoric. No police - enjoy yourselves. 

In a very peaceful St. Johns Newfoundland the police do not wear guns but just have billy clubs. I asked them why and they said there is never any trouble. I think they had

one murder in 50 years and that might have been with a knife.

JJK

• Like 1

Fauci said, “ We’re going to start manufacturing doses of the vaccines way before we even know that the vaccine works.”  So, billions of taxpayer dollars are funding a private company for a product which may be worthless.  I wonder how much Fauci will make personally if Moderna’s vaccine is the one we will all be forced to take....

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauci-offers-coronavirus-vaccine-timeline-phase-3-trial-2020-6

Maynard

Nursing homes are still in a bad way...

The NHC facility that is only a 10 minute drive from my house now has 41 clients and 19 staff who have tested positive. One of those clients has passed away. Three are in hospital.

So far our company has done pretty well. The staff who had been quarantined from one of our residential houses are negative and the few staff and clients who had tested positive are doing ok and recovering.

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic