Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

to let you know that he REALLY means what he's saying. 

thank you , I copy paste it , and headlines are usually  in big letters  -----so what you see is what you get -

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

No. Not at all Dean

Just think the obvious, that with the dramatic increase in tests available and tests performed that the cases will definitely rise.

No one seeks out a diagnostic test for COVID-19 unless they are showing symptoms. Why would they? The people getting tested now are the same ones that were getting tested before - the obviously sick ones. So, if there is more testing, it is because there are more sick people - those who are symptomatic. Remember, before more testing was available, those with COVID like symptoms were just declared positive and treated as such. 

Asymptomatic people are for the most part avoiding being tested because of the hassle associated with a positive test result. 

I did the antibody test because I’m teleworking. I may be stuck at home, but I’m being paid. A positive test result wouldn’t have impacted my pay. Most don’t have that luxury. 

Dude OK I get that you hate my opinions...before the time I agreed with you and got my posts deleted hope you understood that I agreed with you about that.

So for a long time the complaint was "Can't get tested"  " Not enough tests"

I thought "Quit your Bi^#hing, it's a brand new germ"

Last few weeks the amount of tests done per capita has gone up. Positives went up.

I think that's awful, but I can't help anyone but myself and the folks I deal with on a regular basis. 

The people that didn't space themselves apart from others and wear masks might have got it.

Hopefully you're negative!

over & out!

• Like 2

Y’know - all bets are off the table. The ‘people’ are making their own decisions about what’s next for covid19. They’ve heard the warnings, witnessed the sickness/deaths and have been informed of the better choices and now they independently decide. Now we will truly see what covid19 is about, what Americans are about. I am not blaming any level of gov’t. The wheels have come loose on a runaway train and nobody can pull it back together. It’s gonna do what it’s gonna do.  And later on after all is finished, then they can figure out what went goofy and why. All I know for certain is how to best secure my own circumstances and those I care for. I hope you all are in good stead also.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, billybob said:

There is more testing and more being tested positive. Some with symptoms, asymptomatic.

All I know is , it is going up again, and it is anybody's guess where it will be by end of summer. It would

behoove folk to keep their guard up, while others are going out.

Someone is testing positive, don't let it be you.

Yup, everyone loves a little peaceful protesting, sprinkled with a little rioting, looting, and death while being crammed together like sardines.  Definitely helped the cause to stifle the virus.

We we worried about the people on the beaches early on with spring break.  That didn't seem to materialize but we better watch now.  I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deang said:
11 hours ago, Deang said:

So, you think people without symptoms are running out and getting diagnostic testing? Why would they do that? 
“The numbers are only going up because of testing” is BS. The numbers are going up because everything is opening back up.

No one seeks out a diagnostic test for COVID-19 unless they are showing symptoms. Why would they? The people getting tested now are the same ones that were getting tested before - the obviously sick ones. So, if there is more testing, it is because there are more sick people - those who are symptomatic. Remember, before more testing was available, those with COVID like symptoms were just declared positive and treated as such. 

Asymptomatic people are for the most part avoiding being tested because of the hassle associated with a positive test result. 

I did the antibody test because I’m teleworking. I may be stuck at home, but I’m being paid. A positive test result wouldn’t have impacted my pay. Most don’t have that luxury. 

Well, just looking at two hot states and people that THINK they have symptoms but....

TX 1,463,851 tests given and 87,854 positive - Just 6% positive so 94% THINK they have it.

TX 1,409,992 tests given and 75,568 positive - Just 5.3% positive so 94.7% THINK they have it.

So the answer is YES to your first point.

Not a good hit ratio so i wouldn't focus on this for the premise.

8 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Y’know - all bets are off the table. The ‘people’ are making their own decisions about what’s next for covid19. They’ve heard the warnings, witnessed the sickness/deaths and have been informed of the better choices and now they independently decide. Now we will truly see what covid19 is about, what Americans are about. I am not blaming any level of gov’t. The wheels have come loose on a runaway train and nobody can pull it back together. It’s gonna do what it’s gonna do.  And later on after all is finished, then they can figure out what went goofy and why. All I know for certain is how to best secure my own circumstances and those I care for. I hope you all are in good stead also.

I think there is so much happening at this point in time, all you can do is protect yourself as much as possible.  I firmly believe you can't control this nor shut down the world for a year or two (particularly if the vaccine only helps say 25% of the people).  Life has to run it's course.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Deang said:

No one seeks out a diagnostic test for COVID-19 unless they are showing symptoms.

My wife wanted to get a test, due to the clients she works with. She wanted to make sure she wasn't asymptomatic... We both got tested, it was free and we didn't have to wait in line... five minutes and we were done.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, billybob said:

There is more testing and more being tested positive. Some with symptoms, asymptomatic.

All I know is , it is going up again, and it is anybody's guess where it will be by end of summer. It would

behoove folk to keep their guard up, while others are going out.

Someone is testing positive, don't let it be you.

Sounds selfish but yes, you have to be well to take care of loved ones.

With this situation we now have information to sort through. 

The numbers, all about the data.

Still some unknowns.

Err on the side of the best practices.

Numbers are so impersonal.

Still am sure that those doing

the work cannot emotionally disassociate entirely, or want to.

Stressful... recognized or not.

A toll on those doing the work.

35 minutes ago, Could sound better said:

Was it an antibody test?

It was not. Would have liked to get both, but we've both been careful. Our company did have some positive cases in one of our group homes, but everyone is doing ok. Not sure if we could get a free antibody test where we live.

I honestly doubt there is much accuracy about Covid19. I suspect there are many many out there that are positive and simply don't know it. Also the way testing and counting are being done. I've heard around here if you get tested and its POS, they will ask how many in your household and that is the POS count used. If that is how its done, then we don't really know much.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

I suspect there are many many out there that are positive and simply don't know it

That's why my wife wanted the test.

Not where we work, but only a 10 minute drive away.

https://newschannel9.com/news/local/cluster-of-cases-reported-at-nhc-rossville-nursing-home

17 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Dude OK I get that you hate my opinions...before the time I agreed with you and got my posts deleted hope you understood that I agreed with you about that.

So for a long time the complaint was "Can't get tested"  " Not enough tests"

I thought "Quit your Bi^#hing, it's a brand new germ"

Last few weeks the amount of tests done per capita has gone up. Positives went up.

I think that's awful, but I can't help anyone but myself and the folks I deal with on a regular basis. 

The people that didn't space themselves apart from others and wear masks might have got it.

Hopefully you're negative!

over & out!

I don't have a problem with you all. 

• Like 2

It doesn't help that every state is doing things a bit differently. I'm in Ohio, and because of the shortage of swabs and reagents, you can't get a diagnostic test unless you have symptoms, along with an order from your GP. 

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic