Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

4 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

This is how a local care  facility has decided to allow residents to have visitors.  To me, it looks like an animal shelter!  They certainly could have found a better way to ensure distancing.  How demoralizing...

Maynard

9D895F4F-F873-43BE-BD38-EC40BD3A066D.jpeg

NO BRAINS ---------

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NADman said:

I built? a few of these. Cheap and easy. Good fit. Don't know if they are 'better than nothing'.

Yes - this is better than ‘nothing’. Remember these simple masks are meant to curb your own exhaled aerosols by baffling their expulsion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I'll comment...

Green said that he could “cite many other professionals” who advised against protective face coverings. 

Green did not proceed to cite any such professionals. 

But is the author aware of whether any professionals advised against protective face coverings?  Something tells me the second statement was intended to be gratuitous.

The virus is surging in Florida, Arizona and Texas, all states where Republican governors are close allies of the president who have shared his skepticism about safety measures like mask guidances. 

Not to mention... er... Califor (cough).  Oh, yeah, it doesn't make the list because it doesn't have a Republican governor.

Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, a close ally of the president, asked that the GAO investigate China for its handling of the coronavirus pandemic. The hearing’s primary witness, U.S. Comptroller General Gene Dodaro, explained that the GAO does not have authority to investigate China, as it is a sovereign nation. 

Well duh!!!  Who doesn't know this?  I guess the 120 million Americans who've died so far from Covid probably don't.  Certainly not any of those "Summer of Love" peaceniks over in Seattle.  Just how valuable do you want gaffs to be?

So, is the author ignorant, or did he just waste our time with bullshit? 

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Don't ask me.  I don't have an agenda except I don't want to get sick.  But if it is a well duh question, (just for your benefit) why did the idiot representative ask it?

Just another gaff.  zzzzz.  

It kind of reminds me about the surprise some (especially younger) people get when they ask a legal question and I answer, "I don't know."  You should see the surprise on their faces.

• dtel locked this topic