Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

5 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Yeah I'm not going to listen I don't care if you think I'm sick and might infect you stay the "F" away from me. I went to Safeway this morning they have new signs all over asking that masks be put on before entering the store I was the only one without one besides a couple of workers that were stocking shelves and I got some nasty looks from a few customers.

I go every Saturday at opening time (have for years to avoid crowds long before this "planneddemic") so there's usually only a dozen or so people in the large store anyway while I'm there, the cashier has a pretty large plexi-glass window for protection so no need to get within 6 feet of anyone.

I don't judge people who wear masks and I try and keep my distance from people out of respect for others but there's no way in hell I'm wearing a mask everywhere I go from what I can tell this is purely a political device at this point we are way past the point of stopping this thing from spreading its already here if you are high risk or live with / come in contact with someone who is high risk then yes take every precaution you can these lock-downs are a huge part of the social unrest right now the cure cannot be worse than the disease.

Glad that you are sharing this with

us. Respect your opinion. I do not click on every video or link. A lot can be read into eye exchange. Same goes for the opposite. I get hawks wearing a mask, sort of feel like the lone stranger at times.

The best to you.

41 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

Yeah... (laughing emoji) . Made by Dick Cheney's Republican daughter, Liz, the 3rd highest ranking member of the House. Some do get it.

Joking aside  ,  Her Father   Dick Cheney  has some serious health underlying issues , and he's gotta wear a mask  , he's in the bracket that is the most at risk of contracting covid 19 -

3 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

Joking aside  ,  Her Father   Dick Cheney  has some serious health underlying issues , and he's gotta wear a mask  , he's in the bracket that is the most at risk of contracting covid 19 -

I wasn't the one laughing at billybobs comment. It isn't a joke to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

I wasn't the one laughing at billybobs comment. It isn't a joke to me.

I saw that "  Some do get it. " but  she was not wearing one , like    dang -----real women don't wear masks

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

At least he doesn't have a heart to worry about...or is that a soul?  I forget.

• Haha 1

Gents, consider this a shot across the bow. Next one will be below the waterline and into the magazine of this thread.

I am perhaps the most permissive moderator on the Forum but you will be seeing my aggressive side here. I truly value freedom of expression whether I agree or not. Love a good debate. BUT the science deniers here who  somehow believe it is their constitutional right to ignore science and put others lives at risk have my attention. I really feel like locking this cesspool is perfectly justified, but in times like these we NEED to be able to discuss this existential threat to our lives and our nation. So. will leave it be. 

I buried a beloved friend who apparently joined the "hoax" movement and faked her death, funeral, and burial very convincingly and was probably infected by a true denier who refused to wear a mask and infected her. I am high risk of drowning with a tube in my throat alone if those idiots who refuse wear masks in public keep it up. Even if you doubt science the least you can do is give it the benefit of the doubt unless you really do not care if you kill me or someone else. 

If you claim this is a  political plot to take your rights and you insist on your right to breathe on me or whoever you want, I will  hide your post.

If you do it a second time I WILL BAN YOU FOR LIFE and do so without a second thought regardless of how long you've been here. 

Go ahead, make my day.  
Your friend, 
Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

How incredibly hypocritical.

Not hypocritical at all masks are only required out in public when maintaining a safe distance is not possible I consciously make an effort to maintain at least the minimum distance at all times not because I'm afraid for myself but out of respect for others that might be at risk or living with someone or in contact with someone who is high risk. I also avoid areas with lots of people and do my business at times when there are the least amount of people out when possible.

I'm not saying this is a hoax or that it shouldn't be taken seriously but not everyone is in the same boat risk wise and last I checked this is still a free country and yes unfortunately this issue has been politicized by both parties and it is a shame doctors and hospitals have been incentivized to cheat the numbers for that good old government check as well. The virus is out there I'm afraid it's going to run its course for better or worse dont think government can save us from this one and even if they try what will it cost? Trillions more dollars borrowed from China? Losing our liberties? 

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic