Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

3 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

see ya

I just reread my post dont think it violated the set conditions above but thanks for your support! If it does I apologize and it was nice knowing some of you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

Yes, it is a real eye-opener, to say the very least. If you want an inside look at the events at this  hospital, during the pandemic, look no further. Just the right length to tell this horrid tale...

20 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I just reread my post dont think it violated the set conditions above but thanks for your support! If it does I apologize and it was nice knowing some of you

Your good...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Not hypocritical at all masks are only required out in public when maintaining a safe distance is not possible I consciously make an effort to maintain at least the minimum distance at all times not because I'm afraid for myself but out of respect for others that might be at risk or living with someone or in contact with someone who is high risk. I also avoid areas with lots of people and do my business at times when there are the least amount of people out when possible.

I'm not saying this is a hoax or that it shouldn't be taken seriously but not everyone is in the same boat risk wise and last I checked this is still a free country and yes unfortunately this issue has been politicized by both parties and it is a shame doctors and hospitals have been incentivized to cheat the numbers for that good old government check as well. The virus is out there I'm afraid it's going to run its course for better or worse dont think government can save us from this one and even if they try what will it cost? Trillions more dollars borrowed from China? Losing our liberties? 

And what......  the mask going to hurt? Will it emasculate or otherwise humiliate you? What school of medicine did you graduate from that affords you the knowledge of understanding ‘risk’ of infection? 

The big picture is simple enough. The sooner we get this under containment the sooner you can live mask free. You’re not impressing anyone by not wearing a mask. Wearing one is not a matter of ‘toughness’ cuz if covid19 infects you - you will lose. If you should happen to infect others they could die. So how hard is it to wear a mask when outdoors for what 6 months?

23 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Not hypocritical at all masks are only required out in public when maintaining a safe distance is not possible

In Washington state, masks are required when indoors in public places like grocery stores. Wearing a mask when a "safe" minimum distance of 6' can't be maintained is an outdoors requirement.

https://coronavirus.wa.gov/information-for/you-and-your-family/face-masks-or-cloth-face-covering

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

oh man, all our grandparents had to do was graduate high school then go to war, freeze their butts off, get shot at, and bury their friends. too bad we couldn't have lived in easier times. the stuff we have endure ...

No one yet here has mentioned that there was actual rationing during the second world war.  Maybe because that was just a plot for government control.  America has been hell ever since.  I know because I grew up there.  At least I didn't have to grow up black.  That would have really sucked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

No one yet here has mentioned that there was actual rationing during the second world war.  Maybe because that was just a plot for government control.  America has been hell ever since.

yeah but did they have to wear masks when they were scoring on all of this ...

rationing-photo.jpg

37 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Wow trying to get me banned for life? I just read the above post and going over my post now making sure I didn't violate any rules

From this I'd  say you are good. Most people these days spout a party line even about science. As I said, I have had it with those who somehow know the TRUTH and ignore the rest of us who don't. All we know is that people are getting sick and dying, and some of us have targets painted on us. 

Dave

• Thanks 1

• dtel locked this topic