Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

One effing egg?  And tea? what the hell is tea in there for?  Brit plot for invasion no doubt.

Agreed. Not sure where that is from but no adult could survive on that per week for very long and work. My folks were adults and they said it was hard but I do not recall them ever saying that had such miniscule amounts of meat, sugar, flour, bread, etc. 

Dave

I just googled rationing during ww2 and copied the first picture I saw. was meant for the humor effect not accuracy. I questioned the accuracy when I saw  2 - 3 pints of milk -- which is it, two or three?  You'd think that if the government was rationing, they'd be more specific. but then maybe not ... 

3 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Not sure where that is from

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

One effing egg?

I'm cool with that ... as long as I'm getting one ostrich egg. 

I like eggs ... haven't had one in four months at least since I don't cook. hopefully will go out to breakfast again someday.

9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I'm cool with that ... as long as I'm getting one ostrich egg. 

I like eggs ... haven't had one in four months at least since I don't cook. hopefully will go out to breakfast again someday.

Is THIS sarcasm? Being unable to cook an egg is simply incomprehensible. 

Dave

Just now, Mallette said:

Is THIS sarcasm? Being unable to cook an egg is simply incomprehensible. 

Dave

there is some sarcasm to it ... but, I'm a disaster in the kitchen. 34 states have passed laws making it illegal for me to be in a kitchen. 

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Sadly, in his case, it is true.  Not that most people know how to properly cook an egg.

Fascinating. I'd starve. I have soft boiled eggs at least twice a week and they turn out absolutely perfect every time. Of course, scramble is about the level of boiling water. Perfect basted fried eggs is a bit of an art, but once you get there it's automatic  and failure is very rare. Rarely do poached and some of the lesser used methods but none require a great deal of effort. 
Dave

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

there is some sarcasm to it ... but, I'm a disaster in the kitchen. 34 states have passed laws making it illegal for me to be in a kitchen. 

Good thing you aren't in Texas. Any Texan who can't make credible Texas Red or BBQ brisket is at risk for pickup  by Texas ICE for immediate deportation to some culinary area they fit in, like Rhode Island. 

Dave

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Good thing you aren't in Texas. Any Texan who can't make credible Texas Red or BBQ brisket is at risk for pickup  by Texas ICE for immediate deportation to some culinary area they fit in, like Rhode Island. 

deported to a REAL bbq state ... like sweet home California?   I can sense your blood boiling from here. 

I've been told that I have two problems in regards to cooking ... (1) too much experimentation, and (2) heat is always on full blast. I guess I'm a visionary without patience. 

11 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

deported to a REAL bbq state ... like sweet home California?   I can sense your blood boiling from here. 

I've been told that I have two problems in regards to cooking ... (1) too much experimentation, and (2) heat is always on full blast. I guess I'm a visionary without patience. 

Stay away from induction. At full blast the are likely to ignite fusion.

Dave

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Absolutely not. The mere mention makes me want a Cuban or grouper sandwich. Some good eats down there...

Dave

And it is so hard to slap some fish on a bun?  hell, Rhode island can do that.  Cubans are better in PR.  Black beans are the worst bean of all the beans, and I like beans.  Just not in my chlli, goes without saying.

My grandparents were farmers... they were ok on food. My dad was a gunner on a bomber and mom worked in a munitions plant. I had it easy growing up in the midwest.

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic