Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

21 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

oh man, all our grandparents had to do was graduate high school then go to war, freeze their butts off, get shot at, and bury their friends. too bad we couldn't have lived in easier times. the stuff we have endure ...

And that after they survived the dust bowl and great depression. I wish I knew my grandparents. My dad was 51 when I was born and all the gpas and gmas were gone.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, oldtimer said:

And it is so hard to slap some fish on a bun?  hell, Rhode island can do that.  Cubans are better in PR.  Black beans are the worst bean of all the beans, and I like beans.  Just not in my chlli, goes without saying.

You gotta be careful. Beans or no beans in chile can reach political level in-fighting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

You gotta be careful. Beans or no beans in chile can reach political level in-fighting.

Agreed. Some parts of Texas if you serve a group  something you call chili and it has beens, somebody is going to say "This stuff's got beans in it." That will be followed by another saying "Get a rope..."

Dave

Guys, on topic I suggest you read the attached PDF from my local paper today. The statisticians credibility is high due to his position and working with Dr. Ben Neuman who is eminent in virology nationwide. This is VERY serious. Note his demonstrated margin of error is 1-2%. I don't know about you, but if someone predicted a tornado who had that degree of demonstrated accuracy I would GET IN A HOLE!

I meant what I said, but most  of you know it takes an awful lot to get me riled. This has me riled as I feel like the house is on fire and some are saying, "It'll be OK" or "It's just your imagination." 

Dave

CovidTX.pdf

22 hours ago, Mallette said:

Gents, consider this a shot across the bow. Next one will be below the waterline and into the magazine of this thread.

I am perhaps the most permissive moderator on the Forum but you will be seeing my aggressive side here. I truly value freedom of expression whether I agree or not. Love a good debate. BUT the science deniers here who  somehow believe it is their constitutional right to ignore science and put others lives at risk have my attention. I really feel like locking this cesspool is perfectly justified, but in times like these we NEED to be able to discuss this existential threat to our lives and our nation. So. will leave it be. 

I buried a beloved friend who apparently joined the "hoax" movement and faked her death, funeral, and burial very convincingly and was probably infected by a true denier who refused to wear a mask and infected her. I am high risk of drowning with a tube in my throat alone if those idiots who refuse wear masks in public keep it up. Even if you doubt science the least you can do is give it the benefit of the doubt unless you really do not care if you kill me or someone else. 

If you claim this is a  political plot to take your rights and you insist on your right to breathe on me or whoever you want, I will  hide your post.

If you do it a second time I WILL BAN YOU FOR LIFE and do so without a second thought regardless of how long you've been here. 

Go ahead, make my day.  
Your friend, 
Dave

I remember the story of this bus driver ---------who was caughed on , by someone who boarded his bus , whiile not wearing a mask -and the same situation has not changed in months -

14 minutes ago, billybob said:

And the sunshine, and the salt air.

Blue Crab, good for the immune system.

Rather partial to Galveston Bay crab, oysters, and shrimp. IMHO in oysters and shrimp nothing from anywhere comes close to Galveston Bay. For shrimp, I know why. I love the taste of iodine in shrimp and these are MUCH more red stained than those I've eaten elsewhere around the world. As to oysters, rather doubt that is it...just preference. 

Dave

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

I remember the story of this bus driver ---------who was caughed on , by someone who boarded his bus , whiile not wearing a mask -and the same situation has not changed in months -

Except those who insist that it is their inalienable right to spread death as they see fit are still  with us in numbers high enough to kill untold numbers. 

Dave

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Rather partial to Galveston Bay crab, oysters, and shrimp. IMHO in oysters and shrimp nothing from anywhere comes close to Galveston Bay. For shrimp, I know why. I love the taste of iodine in shrimp and these are MUCH more red stained than those I've eaten elsewhere around the world. As to oysters, rather doubt that is it...just preference. 

Dave

I love gulf oysters.  West coast are scary with the bacteria they can harbor.  The real gourmet variety are from the waters of Ireland.   Blue crab is also prevalent along the texas and la bayous.  Absolutely on the shrimp.  The best part is no florida necessary.  It's going to be underwater soon enough anyway.  I would not recommend buying waterfront real estate.

1 minute ago, Mallette said:

Except those who insist that it is their inalienable right to spread death as they see fit are still  with us in numbers high enough to kill untold numbers. 

Dave

they all think a miracle vaccine is the answer , but that could be a year or 2 away

• dtel locked this topic