Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

3 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

From the daily barbed headlines you’d have to believe that America has done the worst job of controlling covid19 of any country. We’re the ‘worst’ because according to the press our leadership is inept at every turn.

Considering how, from our research to facilities, the US has the best in the world, I would say we've done a pretty bad job, but we have had no real direction from the top.

btw, it still isn't going away

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Regardless what is suggested there will always be those that are diametrically opposed just because of who said it, not because of the content of what was said.

Yea, bless his little heart.

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

Considering how, from our research to facilities, the US has the best in the world, I would say we've done a pretty bad job, but we have had no real direction from the top.

btw, it still isn't going away

And your definition of a good job is what? No infections? No deaths? It’s a continuum and one with many variables. And the current leadership did not work in a vacuum. They worked with what they inherited. And IMHO lot’s of red tape got ‘cut’ and actions taken quickly that saved many lives and brought us better treatments and perhaps some cures in record time. As for ‘style’ points ...... yeah it was pretty loose. But as for a ‘good or a bad’ job what occurred could’ve been a lot worse and then again better. The perfect vision of hindsight should not fog up the realities of those moments.

• Like 1

I am in favor of cutting the red tape of the FDA especially if someone is dying and everybody knows that person is dying but they won't try some new stuff that may work. What has anyone got to lose. If it's me I would tell the doctor try anything you think would work.

JJK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJkizak said:

I am in favor of cutting the red tape of the FDA especially if someone is dying and everybody knows that person is dying but they won't try some new stuff that may work. What has anyone got to lose. If it's me I would tell the doctor try anything you think would work.

JJK

And this was done as well as loads of fast tracked new drugs and drug combinations.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

And those that have served and those that have made the ultimate sacrifice for this country.

36 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Without whom we wouldn't have this great country.  

And let’s include the honest, hard working, good apples of Law Enforcement, can we — 

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Try on your face man. You may grow to like it. 

Can’t breathe with one on my face; & have to ride the buggy.

But, with Kendra in the nuthouse, had to go there when the Sav-a-little was closed. No electricity, a vehicle hit their power pole, again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• dtel locked this topic