Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

after careful consideration, I've concluded that I don't like the corona virus and all of the associated crap and want it to disappear. 

blessed that nobody in my family has been hit with it ... but I still don't like it. 

• Like 1

Wuhan virus finished off my aunt, the nursing home gave her a roommate who was already down with the Wu-flu.

I’ll miss talking with her; she was my last connection to my grandparents, & great grandparents.

She was young. Only 96.

• Sad 4

20 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Wuhan virus finished off my aunt, the nursing home gave her a roommate who was already down with the Wu-flu.

I’ll miss talking with her; she was my last connection to my grandparents, & great grandparents.

She was young. Only 96.

Same thing happened to us this spring , we lost a 94 year old , they locked up everybody in  the old folks home and did not allow  the families to take their healthy folks  out , doors were  locked , the staff   were traveling between various facilities to make ends meet  , and getting infected , and  they ended infecting their own  patients  -

• Sad 3

14 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

And your definition of a good job is what? No infections? No deaths? It’s a continuum and one with many variables. And the current leadership did not work in a vacuum. They worked with what they inherited. And IMHO lot’s of red tape got ‘cut’ and actions taken quickly that saved many lives and brought us better treatments and perhaps some cures in record time. As for ‘style’ points ...... yeah it was pretty loose. But as for a ‘good or a bad’ job what occurred could’ve been a lot worse and then again better. The perfect vision of hindsight should not fog up the realities of those moments.

Make sure nobody points to successes.  Yes a lot of failures also though considering what is going on, I haven't heard anything better other than stay locked in your house and the would will get past this.  Yup, no food, no anything....  Can't have it both ways.

I'd really like a true number vs. "contributed to" which is sketchy at best.  People die daily without the virus.  Let's look at the death rate with the virus vs without.  Might be flat year to year which might tell  you something. 

Too bad we couldn't filter out all the killings that are occurring in these cities not wanting to get things under control and are using these other scapegoats and the virus to justify what is happening.  Without these killings, we might actually see less death from than normal from the virus except for in a few months, those people that didn't get treated for ailments during the lock down dying. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Antibody testing that is accurate enough, would go along way in hoping the situation.

Accurate is the key.  Last time I heard you could throw up a quarter and call it.  You would be just as close.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, billybob said:

There's a lot of places pumping the brakes at this point.  Places are trying to find the sweet spot between opening businesses up and overwhelming hospitals.  No matter what you do it's wrong to a lot of people.

Just now, CECAA850 said:

There's a lot of places pumping the brakes at this point.  Places are trying to find the sweet spot between opening businesses up and overwhelming hospitals.  No matter what you do it's wrong to a lot of people.

Damned if you do...damned if you don't...

• Like 1

Sister in Conroe wanted me to visit earlier this year. Has her bar and closet full. Has a cat and a dog for company. Me, I got myself, lol

Do watch some off air channel called TBD that has plenty of cats and dogs...

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic