Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

8 hours ago, JJkizak said:

The virus could have come from a lab but the scientists that analyzed the DNA have said it definitely was not a constructed or lab modified strain.

JJK

My belief that release was intentional stems, in part, from reading about experiments like these over the years:

https://www.businessinsider.com/military-government-secret-experiments-biological-chemical-weapons-2016-9#what-we-learned-6

https://priceonomics.com/how-the-us-government-tested-biological-warfare-on/

We will never know the truth, but we certainly will have to live with the consequences.....

Maynard

Not really. The idea is that public movement is transient, you’re just not standing in someone’s presence long enough to be at risk - so the masks aren’t really required (they aren’t doing much). But at work and many other places, where distance can’t be maintained, the masks work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I think that their opinion is that masks are basically useless if your wearing them to keep from getting the virus.   Your take?

The standard masks do NOT prevent you from contracting the virus - if - you are amply exposed to the virus. The standard masks will greatly help stop a person with covid19 from spreading covid19. The standard masks work to impede the spread of the disease.

If you can obtain an N-95 mask they’re supposed to keep you from getting covid19 if you’re amply exposed to the virus.

It’s easier just to say, “my mask protects you from me, and yours protects me from you.” This is the case with general face coverings and surgical type masks. 

N95 and KN95 masks only work to directly protect you if they are properly fitted. I’ve seen some around here wearing them, and they’re so loose they aren’t getting any real level of protection.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have an N95 that I use for quick trips into a place. It's uncomfortable and hard to breathe through. For longer trips I use my P100 respirator (That pink/yellow mask they use in Breaking Bad) that I picked up a few years ago for cleaning out the chicken coop. Infinitely more comfortable to wear and breathe through, and people give me a wide berth like I'm some crazy prepper guy that's overreacting.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Back to the covid19 vs influenza debate. Earlier the covid19 was sketchy for a number of reasons. Now they have more concrete data. They say covid19 is 50 to 100 X more lethal than the flu. 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/07/coronavirus-deadlier-than-many-believed-infection-fatality-rate-cvd/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Other US studies, 50% reduction from 26% death rate to 13%.  I guess WHO needed to drop it.

• dtel locked this topic