Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

17 minutes ago, billybob said:

The video posted here last week on Elmhurst had Erin and her 

hospital doctor in Florida treating covid

saying Hydroxychloroquine and

Zinc worked on saving all their patients.

New studies show it was likely more a $$ directive than function.  Seems Hydroxy works better than Remdesivir so far even though politics are involved.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, billybob said:

Guess we responded at near same time.

Interesting 

"More than 2,500 COVID-19 patients with a median age of 64 were included in the study. The mortality rate for patients who were treated with HCQ alone was 13.5 percent; those treated with HCQ and azithromycin had a 20.1 percent mortality rate; and those who were not treated with either drug had a 26.4 percent mortality rate, the study found."

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Interesting 

"More than 2,500 COVID-19 patients with a median age of 64 were included in the study. The mortality rate for patients who were treated with HCQ alone was 13.5 percent; those treated with HCQ and azithromycin had a 20.1 percent mortality rate; and those who were not treated with either drug had a 26.4 percent mortality rate, the study found."

Very interesting indeed...

• Like 1

I just received an email from HR, effective Monday the company I work for employing over 6000 workers will have a mandatory face covering policy in the workplace.

Call it whatever you want, but it sounds like social responsibility to me, as opposed to any other labels one might bandy about.

Will productivity suffer?

Not nearly as much as an incapacitated worker completely removed from the workplace AND dragging potentially infected co-workers down with them in the interim.

If anything MORE people will need to be employed in order to achieve the same levels of productivity prior to Covid. Possibly by creating more shifts.

If applied on a national level, this sort of approach has the potential to turn un-employment figures around.

IF governments restructure welfare benefits. That’s a big if.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Acts of hyperbole.  

Look!  A squirrel!

Y’know considering the number of dead involved light-loading an act of contagion irresponsibility is rather telling. It isn’t funny. It’s pretty awful.

15 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Y’know considering the number of dead involved light-loading an act of contagion irresponsibility is rather telling. It isn’t funny. It’s pretty awful.

You misunderstand.  The congressman has an agenda.  Not to defend nor support anyone, but if you read the article closely you will see that it was first reported as some bad form of "viral pneumonia" which is pretty accurate, although does not describe the actual organism responsible.  What do you think the congressman really has in mind?  I think you are intelligent enough to figure it out.  Making light of politicians is not the same as making light of death, nor irresponsibility.  Act of war?  C'mon.  Act of hyperbole?  Closer to the truth.  What is telling is perhaps something else.  And yes, it is awful.  Look at our curve versus other countries similar to ours, and tell me all about responsibility.

You don't need to, you have been saying the same.

• Like 1

When this first all became obvious you (gama) were the one whose biggest fear was that some "seriously twisted" individual, implicating me or "someone like" me would go around and intentionally infect people.  Who are those individuals now?  Changed your tune because of who "they" are or you can at least assign it to everyone not taking proper precautions which  means a significant portion of the populace, including a subset of congressmen who refused to wear masks on the house floor?  Twisted is right.

You never apologized, but I forgave a long time ago.  I don't forget though.

Time for a little confessional action on my part, since learning more recently about ventilators.

Recall discussion regarding the use and misuse of ventilators

in other, topic threads here that

have been retired previous to

this thread. Think I argued out

of ignorance on the topic and

now have more respect for these

machines of late and can only say yes to @Bosco-d-gama...

Used correctly by a trained operator, these can be a lifesaver.

Thanks for the indulgence.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

They did a piss poor job of getting their point across in the first paper then.

you got that right ,  from the get go , who knows how lower the deaths would have been -

6 hours ago, Deang said:

You don't do war with China without Russia standing next to you.

Russia is China's main Weapons supplier  ,  break them up , you win the war  -

• dtel locked this topic