Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

13 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Local update:  I was out at the local Kroger grocery store this morning, in Ohio.

Nobody wore gloves but for the first time in my experience I bet 90% wore masks.  They were everywhere.  That's a big change from a couple of months ago where maybe 10% wore masks.

Interesting...total reversal.

Thanks!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, billybob said:

Interesting...total reversal.

Thanks!

Just got back from Walmart in TX.  It appears everyone is listening to the governor since 100% of folks were wearing masks.  Good thing for now.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, billybob said:

Sure are alot of mask designs coming online. May get a magazine cover. Designer masks

for all occasions.

The year of the mask.

Really...

Money making opportunities, not a bad thing considering the situation. And this may well turn into “years” of the mask 😷 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

Money making opportunities, not a bad thing considering the situation. And this may well turn into “years” of the mask 😷 

Hope not...lol

Thanks!

Flag making too!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

My vision for reading is getting worse, & worse.

Bad as my vision has always been the corrective lenses I need currently use can be bought over the counter. Yep, standard reading glasses are my lens prescription. I just vary the strength according to the task. I have different glasses for reading, puzzle making, up-close work and for long distance. Can’t do bifocals, etc. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Bad as my vision has always been the corrective lenses I need currently use can be bought over the counter. Yep, standard reading glasses are my lens prescription. I just vary the strength according to the task. I have different glasses for reading, puzzle making, up-close work and for long distance. Can’t do bifocals, etc. 

Same for my readers.  Interesting idea for different strengths for different tasks.  There is still nothing wrong with my distance vision.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richieb said:

I have real problem keeping a mask on ,    with this heat , I am thinking of using a shield

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

The public looks to government, Thomas Jefferson wrote in the Declaration, to insure its “Safety and Happiness.” 

— and his statues are being pulled, torn down too — so much for “safety and happinesses” 

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Same for my readers.  Interesting idea for different strengths for different tasks.  There is still nothing wrong with my distance vision.

same here ,  it seems like everything is printed smaller nowadays , to save on paper -

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

— and his statues are being pulled, torn down too — so much for “safety and happinesses” 

bet you they will have to put them back up , sooner or later  ----

4 minutes ago, richieb said:

— and I’ll add - there is no appeasing the insatiable - 

One day , they might even have to change the name of Coca-Cola  , after all Coca is a banned substance -

• dtel locked this topic