Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

Call received from corporate HR a bit ago. I am hereby quarantined until 20 July based on contact with an employee who tested positive.

Do you have your 2 laptops (company / government) with you so you can telecommute?}

Nope, they are at my desk.
Dips, chips and TV for 2 weeks.

• Haha 1

What kind of outfit doesn’t deliver your hardware to you - it’s not like they have to have contact with you. Also, a diagnostic test should be mandatory for you - they aren’t making you do that?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Oh, you mean like you?

Could it be wearing a mask, or not wearing one, is situational?

Maybe even regional?

I’d be more likely to wear one in the pac nW than Mississippi; always wear one in a hospital, but not at the gas station?

9 minutes ago, Deang said:

What kind of outfit doesn’t deliver your hardware to you - it’s not like they have to have contact with you. Also, a diagnostic test should be mandatory for you - they aren’t making you do that?

The hardware is being worked. Either way, I am paid. No DIRECTED test until symptoms (what are they again?) 

10 minutes ago, USNRET said:

No DIRECTED test until symptoms (what are they again?) 

First thing to go is your sense of smell, then taste.  I would recommend that you often pour a glass of bourbon.  Smell it first then taste it.  If it smells and tastes like bourbon then you're OK.  This should be done at least 3 times a day.  More if you really want to be on the safe side.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

My statement was not intended to be an insult to any State, but, rather, based on Wu-flu numbers, past & present.

Gotcha. My comment was that while Washington has 5,038 cases per million and Oregon has 2,514 cases per million, Mississippi has 10,824 per million.

Washington currently has an infection rate of 1.11% and Oregon is at 1.15%, while Mississippi is at 1.25%. All too high.

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

First thing to go is your sense of smell, then taste.  I would recommend that you often pour a glass of bourbon.  Smell it first then taste it.  If it smells and tastes like bourbon then you're OK.  This should be done at least 3 times a day.  More if you really want to be on the safe side.

you should be on tv ... soundest advice I've heard during this pandemic.  now if I can just figure out how to drink while wearing this mask.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Nothing in stock so I used a jar of sliced jalapenos. Smell and taste good for now.

36 minutes ago, USNRET said:

The hardware is being worked. Either way, I am paid. No DIRECTED test until symptoms (what are they again?) 

Since 2 in 5 are asymptomatic, you may not have any symptoms, but can shed the pathogen for over a month, possibly giving it to someone who then dies from it. 

6 minutes ago, Deang said:

Since 2 in 5 are asymptomatic, you may not have any symptoms, but can shed the pathogen for over a month, possibly giving it to someone who then dies from it. 

I will be paying for a test when available here but it peessies me off that they are not reliable. Cost locally: $0 by county when you can get one, days / weeks; $200 from the franchise ERs/ days / weeks.
Took 5 days for my daughter to get a test two weeks ago after exposure 

32 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Although I know, I won’t say why Mississippi cases are high.

It looks like Harrison County, MS currently has an infection rate of 1.32%, and the ICU is full in neighboring Hancock County as of Sunday 7/5.

I hope you do wear a mask, and hope the same for everyone else on this forum. Take good care people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deang said:

Yikes. Whereabouts you at?

78418 and do not believe any inner web searches for testing availability anywhere near here. Phone calls are not answered, busy, voicemail full and I have waited for two hours on hold before giving up on the national guard. Retired military but no test at the clinic on base.

has anyone said before that this pandemic really sucks.

I've become a recluse ... I go out every two weeks and pick up groceries that I've ordered on line. I've gotten gas once since march and that time, I put the cash on the roof of the car and backed away as the worker approached (not allowed to pump your own gas in Oregon).  had to take brother to hospital for a procedure a month ago and I did wear a mask when I picked him up -- just because he'd been at the hospital. 

his doctor told him yesterday that it will be two years before life goes back to the way it was. hope she is wrong. 

do whatever it takes to be safe folks, better safe than sorry, and better inconvenienced than sick -- or worse yet, living with a guilty conscience because you got someone else sick and they died. Had a phone appointment with my doctor and she said that she washes her groceries and/or puts them in quarantine for several days. I've been doing that and it's not that much work. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, USNRET said:

78418 and do not believe any inner web searches for testing availability anywhere near here. Phone calls are not answered, busy, voicemail full and I have waited for two hours on hold before giving up on the national guard. Retired military but no test at the clinic on base.

what about your doctor -- can they get you one if you tell them you were exposed?  

• dtel locked this topic