Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

25 minutes ago, USNRET said:

78418 and do not believe any inner web searches for testing availability anywhere near here. Phone calls are not answered, busy, voicemail full and I have waited for two hours on hold before giving up on the national guard. Retired military but no test at the clinic on base.

You probably have these resources already, but it looks like some appointments (if available) can be made online:

• Mobile testing site at Richard Borchard Fairgrounds: Testing will take place Thursday, July 9, and Saturday, July 11. Both days testing will be from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Testing will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. To register residents can call 512-883-2400 or go online.
  • Amistad Community Health Center: 1533 S. Brownlee Blvd. Corpus Christi, Texas 78404. Residents can be tested for COVID-19 Monday through Friday. Residents must make an appointment first by calling 361-884-2242. 
  • Physicians Premier ER: Residents can go to any Physicians Premier ER location. Testing is taking place daily. Residents must call and make an appointment in order to get tested. 
  • Promptu Urgent Care: Testing will be taking place daily at all locations. Residents must make an appointment in order to be tested.
  • CVS added two testing locations here in the Coastal Bend starting Friday, June 26. Residents must register before going. 
    • CVS Pharmacy, 4166 South Staples Street, Corpus Christi, TX 78411
    • CVS Pharmacy, 7798 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78412
  • Coastal Bend Wellness Center, located at 2882 Holly Road in Corpus Christi, Texas. The Coastal Bend Wellness Foundation is offering COVID-19 testing. Please call (361) 356-9572 for more information and to schedule an appointment. All tests are done by appointment only and no walk-ins are available. **UPDATE: Due to the rise in COVID-19 testing requests, the Coastal Bend Wellness Center wants the public to know they are already booked to capacity until July 15, 2020. Officials say if you have already scheduled and confirmed your appointment, your assigned testing time is still valid. You may contact their COVID hotline at (361) 356-9572 for questions or concerns. You may use the link below to find other COVID-19 testing sites that may be able to see you sooner. https://txdps.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html… 
  • STATCARE Urgent Center, located at 4042 River Hill Dr in Corpus Christi, TX 
  • J.K. Northway Exposition Center, located at 501 E Escondido Rd. in Kingsville, Texas. Testing on July 4 will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and on July 5 and 6 will be from 9 a.m. To 5 p.m. The COVID-19 hotline phone number to set up an appointment is (512) 883-2400.
  • Kelly's Pharmacy, located at 520 Everhart Rd. in Corpus Christi, Texas (Testing for antibodies, test cost is $90) 
  • Quest Diagnostics - Calallen, located at 14101 Northwest Blvd Ste #113 in Corpus Christi, Texas (Testing for antibodies)
  • Any Lab Test Now, located at 5417 Everhart Rd located in Corpus Christi, Texas. For more information, please visit their website or call 361-400-0707 for an appointment. Monday through 8:00-5:00 p.m. S- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
  • Quest Diagnostics - Saratoga, located at  5920 Saratoga Blvd in Corpus Christi, Texas. Call (361) 906-2657 for more information. (Testing for antibodies)
  • Quest Diagnostics - South Saratoga, located 6113 Saratoga Blvd Ste. E located in Corpus Christi, Texas. Operational Hours: 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Physician referral required; Testing by appointment only; No drive-through testing. (Testing for antibodies)
  • Two locations: Parkdale Plaza 4117 S. Staples St. #140, Corpus Christi, 78411. For more information, you can call (361) 855-1121.
    - Padre Island 14433 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, 78418. For more information, you can call (361) 949-1900.

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

you should be on tv ... soundest advice I've heard during this pandemic.  now if I can just figure out how to drink while wearing this mask.  

A man of your intelligence, I’m surprised it slipped by you - single hole paper punch + straw = 😷🥃🍸🍹

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

A man of your intelligence, I’m surprised it slipped by you - single hole paper punch + straw = 😷🥃🍸🍹

see my post in the UFO thread where I talk about my six-digit $$$ bad decision. But, thanks for the compliment, and if you feel bad enough for me ... send Bourbon ... top shelf stuff only please, I have VERY good taste. 

9 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

You probably have these resources already, but it looks like some appointments (if available) can be made online:

I'm surprised that nobody here on the forum has offered to test him themselves ... they seem to have the answers for everything else in the world. 

okay guys ... I'm teasing.  first time in a week having a few drinks. 

• Like 1

@dwilawyer  Good Evening Travis ... I watched a good documentary on You Tube about Captain Beefheart. A funny segment was Frank Zappa talking about how he learned to just let Don do whatever he wanted ... even when that meant covering the symbols and drums with cardboard. Been listening to stuff from his album Unconditionally Guaranteed, which the band hated because it was too mainstream; but I think it's great. I'll see if I can find that documentary again and post it. 

Here it is:  The entire video is good; but I copied it to start at the point I referenced above. He definitely marched to beat of his own drum. My brother told me about a time that he & the Captain sat at a bar and drew cartoons on napkins all night. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

& everyone knows the numbers are inflated for Wuhan virus cases...in all States...

Really? The deaths and new cases over at least the last two weeks (which are the relevant ones) are all confirmed via testing.

I wonder if the eight legislators in Mississippi who are confirmed (and at least a dozen more suspected and waiting on results) care about over- counting.

I think the experts, i.e., epidemiologists,.are pretty sure cases are under-counted,.and they know this by cross-checking.with baselines. 

I guess you come up positive for a potentially fatal disease the stats sort of go out the window

• Like 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Here it is:  The entire video is good; but I copied it to start at the point I referenced above. He definitely marched to beat of his own drum. My brother told me about a time that he & the Captain

Can't wait to check it out.

10 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Really? The deaths and new cases over at least the last two weeks (which are the relevant ones) are all confirmed via testing.

I need to find the clip but there were government officials stating that regardless of the cause of death, if you had covid in your system you'd be counted as a covid death.  That included automobile accidents etc.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I need to find the clip but there were government officials stating that regardless of the cause of death, if you had covid in your system you'd be counted as a covid death.  That included automobile accidents etc.

Might as well be...

Even if you are asymptomatic and recover, it messes with your whole body. Messes with the circulatory system, etc. We will probably be facing shorter lifespans because of it.

• Sad 1

Quest and LabCorp are ramping up their testing ability according to the article. Have met the technician pictured there. Took a tour of their rather large testing facility in Tampa. Abit of a cross between an assembly line and 

a science project gone macro.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes there should have been no financials around COVID but of course if there wasn't, you could not get the focus on solving the problem.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

The clip? The one from Colorado that mentions one anecdotal case. Get me an article by an epidemiologist that says that. But let's just assume they are off by 10%, are last weeks numbers acceptable to anyone?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Might as well be...

Even if you are asymptomatic and recover, it messes with your whole body. Messes with the circulatory system, etc. We will probably be facing shorter lifespans because of it.

I think the key point was deaths.  If you are driving in a car and have an accident and die, is covid the likely cause?

10 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

But let's just assume they are off by 10%

Let's just assume they're wrong.  It's hard to determine if something is acceptable or not with inaccurate information.

That being said, we're getting close to full in ICU's around here regardless of numbers or percentages.

• dtel locked this topic