Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Took a drive through Covid test at CVS on Tuesday, results yesterday - negative. Having a anti-body or previous exposure test this Tuesday at Labcorp. This is the one I’m most curious about — 

Cool, keep us informed, thanks!

1 hour ago, Deang said:

It’s in my wife’s building at work. She got tested on Friday and she’s self isolating in the basement. I’ve decided to live out of a tent in the woods. 

Bummer. Hope all is good. We have a close friend whose daughter has come down with covid19 and our friend has been watching the grandkids consistently throughout. She’s scared witless.

• Sad 1

We have a quarantine area for employees who havebeen in contact with positive staff or clients. We had five in there a couple months ago and just last week set it up again for some others. The first group never tested positive.

My boss is in Orlando (closing on his retirement condo), and drives back tomorrow. He will work from home for two weeks when he gets back.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Deang said:

It’s in my wife’s building at work. She got tested on Friday and she’s self isolating in the basement. I’ve decided to live out of a tent in the woods. 

Sorry to hear that. I know you have mentioned the underlying heath challange she faces, I can't imagine Covid-19 would be anything but a dire Combo. 

7 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

This doctor believes that herd immunity is not possible.   I tend to agree as numerous mutations of the virus have been documented.  

https://www.vox.com/2020/7/12/21321653/getting-covid-19-twice-reinfection-antibody-herd-immunity

Maynard

I believe that each time the virus mutates it weakens slightly.  We can only hope.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I believe that each time the virus mutates it weakens slightly.  We can only hope.

Well - no - it mutates without purpose and can become better or worse with regards to its human interaction. Sadly - if it mutates into something worse it will be manifested en mass as the virus is now free to infect or reinfect in a target rich environment. In other words whatever mutations occur will occur as the virus percolates through humankind. If the virus becomes less severe humankind will be less impacted, more severe - more impact. But we now live with covid19 and as it mutates it will change how it effects humanity.

The very best thing humankind can do is rigorously enact every known method to stop the spread of the virus regardless of its genetic makeup. This is what we CAN control that will alter the course of covid19........ and we’re not doing a very good job of this.

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic