Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

11 hours ago, oldtimer said:

On the bright side, we always get another chance.  This time I recommend voting against Putin.

There is no Putin, just a smoke screen that too many that pay attention to the idiots on Media believe..  It is 100% collaboration.  They all should go so we can see the light of day from COVID otherwise we'll pay a much bigger price from this pandemic than we have already done. 

EDIT: was showing my age, said TV vs Media

Merck’s take on a vaccine:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccine-merck-co/merck-ceo-says-raising-covid-19-vaccine-hopes-a-grave-disservice-report-idUSKCN24F2RV

Meanwhile, Moderna’s stock rose 16% because 45 people supposedly produced antibodies from their product.  Given that Gates and Fauci are involved with this company I have doubts.

Maynard

11 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

How does this square with Florida's total mess up with numbers and percentages?  I won't believe squat about anything in FL til they fix their system.

1 minute ago, pzannucci said:

How does this square with Florida's total mess up with numbers and percentages?  I won't believe squat about anything in FL til they fix their system.

BTW, I'm not referring to the possible long term issues but the numbers/percentages are very questionable.

58 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

BTW, I'm not referring to the possible long term issues but the numbers/percentages are very questionable.

I’m not sure about why you have reservations. This particular report seems fairly straightforward. A large group of asymptomatic people were tested for covid19 and 31% tested positive. This reflects the number of people who are infected and showing no symptoms of the disease and who may be infectious. It provides clear rationale for masking, whether you think you’re infected or not. 

Having a complete data base for covid19 would be very helpful in showing factually how serious, or not, the disease can be. If we’re not seeing such a high number of occult cases then our statistics are seriously skewed. And, as you note, the long term health consequences of these infections could become a huge burden in time. I’d say that this data does reflect Florida’s incidence of covid19 and it may indicate how pervasive covid19 is everywhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pzannucci said:

There is no Putin, just a smoke screen that too many that pay attention to the idiots on Media believe..  It is 100% collaboration.  They all should go so we can see the light of day from COVID otherwise we'll pay a much bigger price from this pandemic than we have already done. 

EDIT: was showing my age, said TV vs Media

Interesting, there is no evidence to ignore either, and russians might be glad to hear about there is no putin.  But of course there is gates and fauci, despite the lack of evidence for any "conspiracy."  I heard about it on facebook so it must be true, and it spread to the biggest idiots in the land.  That pesky 1st amendment rears its ugly head, if only it could just go away we would be so much better led, I mean informed.

28 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

I’m not sure about why you have reservations. This particular report seems fairly straightforward. A large group of asymptomatic people were tested for covid19 and 31% tested positive. This reflects the number of people who are infected and showing no symptoms of the disease and who may be infectious. It provides clear rationale for masking, whether you think you’re infected or not. 

Having a complete data base for covid19 would be very helpful in showing factually how serious, or not, the disease can be. If we’re not seeing such a high number of occult cases then our statistics are seriously skewed. And, as you note, the long term health consequences of these infections could become a huge burden in time. I’d say that this data does reflect Florida’s incidence of covid19 and it may indicate how pervasive covid19 is everywhere.

Because of all the messed up tracking of numbers in FL.  Percentages are seriously skewed.

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Interesting, there is no evidence to ignore either, and russians might be glad to hear about there is no putin.  But of course there is gates and fauci, despite the lack of evidence for any "conspiracy."  I heard about it on facebook so it must be true, and it spread to the biggest idiots in the land.  That pesky 1st amendment rears its ugly head, if only it could just go away we would be so much better led, I mean informed.

Can't go away unless you can verify... Can't trust a sing source at this point.  As they say, one lies and the other swear to it.

1 hour ago, pzannucci said:

Their numbers may be reflected in how a hanging chad is interpreted  - “hmmm, is that a negative or positive” - 

1 hour ago, pzannucci said:

Because of all the messed up tracking of numbers in FL.  Percentages are seriously skewed.

Again....  the cited study was a contained study unrelated to the general statistics. One of the reasons it was undertaken was to clarify the confusion seen in the general statistics and if proven correct it does just that. You need to discriminate individual works from the boiler room reported statistics. A work that stands alone can be interpreted based upon its own design and method validity. If anything this is what we need for this paper. We need peer review to confirm its accuracy.

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic