Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

33 minutes ago, EmilC said:

The good doctor said not a significant risk to parents of children that go back to school.

He also said zero risk at one point.

Maybe he should consider the significance of having kids interaction with one another, and, the teachers who are out at risk, as well as bus drivers, janitor.

No, If I had kids, I would be concerned also but, not hysterical as labelled here.

Some will do the VPN forms of teaching for a quarter or semester to see how they are faring.

Cannot say, but trying to understand this heavy for parents situation. It is their call and, do not envy their situation.

To me kids are adaptable and can catch up. We shall see...

• Like 1

Anti-mask protesters' new weapon: wearing masks that offer no COVID-19 protection.

Face masks made of mesh, crochet (yarn) or lace are now popular items being offered by online retailers.

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/investigations/13-investigates/13-investigates-anti-mask-protestors-turn-to-mesh-yarn-crochet-masks-covid-coronavirus/531-5350260c-d6b1-4bd8-857e-860fe84e0f52

Interesting stance...

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, billybob said:

Cannot say, but trying to understand this heavy for parents situation. It is their call and, do not envy their situation.

So true. Glad I'm not in their shoes.

13 minutes ago, billybob said:

To me kids are adaptable and can catch up.

Not all especially special needs kids. Some will regress and have already.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, EmilC said:

So true. Glad I'm not in their shoes.

Not all especially special needs kids. Some will regress and have already.

Those are the ones I would have even more concerns about.

57 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

Anti-mask protesters' new weapon: wearing masks that offer no COVID-19 protection.

Face masks made of mesh, crochet (yarn) or lace are now popular items being offered by online retailers.

In the year 2120, if man is still a plenty ... what will the history books say about these people?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

In the year 2120, if man is still a plenty ... what will the history books say about these people?

If they can just hold out for another 1415 years, they won't have to tell the truth or lies anymore!

An interesting question, unfortunately frought with too many political tones. The historical context of the past while will be interesting to see. If I'm still around that is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Cheap thrills...why wear a pseudo mask, when  they could wear a regular one. Oh well, guess they want to avoid a fine.

Similar to the little “beanie” helmets big bad bikers wear when riding in a state requiring helmets. Ain’t gonna’ do shite when the head meets the road bit hey, I’m compiling with the law — 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

just a selfish lot ...scream about their freedom, but don't give a second thought to those that have to wipe their butts when they're too injured or too sick to do it for themselves. 

they should get on their knees and thank God that not everyone is like them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My niece that has it lives with her sister. Now the sister has it. One asymptomatic and the other is showing symptoms. 

I asked if they know how they got it and was told that they went to one of the husband's family's house for Fourth of July and all of them now have it ... so that is probably where they got it. Plus, one of my nieces works at the local ER so she could have got it from there.  Who knows for sure. 

I think people have this false sense of security because they're going to be around friends and/or family. 

I know of some that were still going to gym three times a week up until the governor shut them down.  Some people are just not concerned with risks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

My niece that has it lives with her sister. Now the sister has it. One asymptomatic and the other is showing symptoms. 

I asked if they know how they got it and was told that they went to one of the husband's family's house for Fourth of July and all of them now have it ... so that is probably where they got it. Plus, one of my nieces works at the local ER so she could have got it from there.  Who knows for sure. 

I think people have this false sense of security because they're going to be around friends and/or family. 

I know of some that were still going to gym three times a week up until the governor shut them down.  Some people are just not concerned with risks. 

One of my friends says that God is protecting him and he is not concerned.

JJK

• Sad 1

• dtel locked this topic