Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

15 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Been waiting all day for someone to mention 85 infants in just one county in Texas has the virus, and one has already died. 

Been studying this before it got a name in early January. Gain of function is incredible in this virus. Amazingly communicable and now it is confirmed to work well in hot weather. What little I know about Corpus Christi it is a top Texas beach party town. Too be avoided.

Social distance is not too hard. Apathetic and irresponsible citizens are free to choose. I keep my family and my 84 year old mom away from them.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Deang said:

31,951 were killed at Dachau. What exactly is the point here?

My point was that apparently some covid19 skeptics need to see dead bodies littered all about to believe that folks are actually dying - like at Dachau. Then some still wouldn’t believe it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

My point was that apparently some covid19 skeptics need to see dead bodies littered all about to believe that folks are actually dying - like at Dachau. Then some still wouldn’t believe it.

Your point was easily understood, Bosco. And it is sadly true that many people are incapable of learning from other people's mistakes. I believe it was the OP's post that Deang is referencing that is pointless, as over 100,000 more people have died in this country, alone,  from covid, than were murdered at Dachau.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

And it is sadly true that many people are incapable of learning from other people's mistakes.

I get your point, but I'd add that they are unwilling to learn. this pandemic is showing exactly who some people are ... self-centered jerks that only care about themselves. Like that spoiled brat from the movie Willy Wonka ... "I want it and I want it now!"   

For the life of me, I can't understand why someone would object to doing something as easy as wearing a mask in an effort to end this pandemic. Do the people we share this earth with mean so little to them that they can't do something this simple?  God help us if some significant effort was ever asked of them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

Keeping track of the afflictions waiting to attack us is almost as much fun as our hobby!  We have Dengue fever, Bubonic plague, and now Trench fever!  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/very-rare-world-war-illness-084752344.html

Maynard

Bubonic plague is in California and Texas, there are cases every year, and outbreaks every decade. It is treatable. There is no vaccine. 

Small pox on the other hand has been eradicated except in 2 labs, CDC and Russia. 

Compare the R0 of smallpox, plague and SARS-COV-2.

• dtel locked this topic