Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

2 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

You do? Explain it to me because he is about one step away from being gone for a long time. Maybe someone can explain his "some bro" comment as well.

People didn't believe what happened at the Dacau camp until they saw the pictures, and I will add, they didn't believe what was happening in Viet Nam until they say the piled up helmets and bodies. They haven't seen, close to home. what this terrible disease has done and still doing to people right here at home, even if it is right in their own town.

If they did, perhaps they wouldn't complain about wearing masks,

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Marvel said:

People didn't believe what happened at the Dacau camp until they saw the pictures, and I will add, they didn't believe what was happening in Viet Nam until they say the piled up helmets and bodies. They haven't seen, close to home. what this terrible disease has done and still doing to people right here at home, even if it is right in their own town.

If they did, perhaps they wouldn't complain about wearing masks,

That was Bosco's point not the other guy.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

What did I miss?  Is using the term "bro" forbidden now?

You didn't miss anything, Sancho used "bro" in a post, it could have been looked at a couple of different ways, so I asked for an explination.to give benefit of doubt.

The post.was "some bro with no insurance hit me." The clear implication, intended or not,. s that african americans don't have insurance. That's why I asked for an explanation. 

It's racist on it's face, beyond debate, but there could have been an explanation. Maybe "I refer to everyone as bro" or something along those lines.

"That's how we was raised" has not been an acceptable explination for a long, long time.

Then we have the bigger issue, why use the term "bro" to describe someone who hits you with no insurance? Ahole, idiot, a dumb mother* all of those I can see, but "bro." In the context of the driver didn't get a ticket. The term "bro" is only half the problem. The topic was no common sense, this was some sort of example of lack of common sense, driving without insurance, but you put "bro" in it?

So how would this work at American if some flight attendant was overheard saying to another "that bro back in 24A needs a refill?" Or at the car dealership with one employee saying to another, "can you see what that bro needs."

Then you combine that with "Dachau numbers" and on paper this isn't looking good.

Any of you send a work email with the word "bro" in it? Hey Boss, a bro came in and  was asking about . . . . Boss says "hey watch that, might be interrupted wrong way."  Is your response "sorry boss I didn't know that word was forbidden." I know what the response of a police sergeant would be, "if you need a list of words this line of work isn't for you."

So now we have a page of debate over bro. 

Don't have the time or desire to try to save this thread anymore maybe @dtel can figure a way to save/clean it up. If it's locked we won't be doing a 3rd (4th one?), everyone will just have to use Facebook or their favorite news outlet for their information.

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, dwilawyer said:

The clear implication

It's not clear, at least no to me.  If someone said that to me, here where I live, I'd immediately think that they were describing a redneck (can I say that?) in a jacked up truck.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

It's not clear, at least no to me.  If someone said that to me, here where I live, I'd immediately think that they were describing a redneck (can I say that?) in a jacked up truck.

Around here we call a redneck a redneck.  Never "bro."  What the hell is wrong with Beaumont?

• Haha 1

The bro was a white cracker, in this instance; you read way yonder to much into it, perhaps I should’ve used the Louisiana term of brah.

iIrc, he had an expired tag, too. Police turned the blind eye.

I do remember the truck was borrowed, too. Bet the owner was verjoyed.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

Want to start a fight start with me.

I guess we should ban Roy he uses that word all; the time, even in the interview posted in another thread. 

Might have to call him and tell him he can't do that anymore, he's going to love that.

• Like 2

• dtel locked this topic