Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

Just now, RANDYH said:

how good was it ---------versus other top single malts

It was like drinking a shot of liquid cigar ashes.  Don't get me wrong, I like a little peat in my scotch, but Octomore is over the top.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

That was my Aunt’s name (Tia=Aunt and her name was Maria) and i hope she is in Heaven. 

I am pretty sure she is in heaven ------and you miss her

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RANDYH said:

-94k deaths  in the USA----- for  a vaccine , let's  hope sooner than later ---

A number of states are revising their numbers.  Anyone dying of COVID (tripped and hit your head) is a COVID death.

Glad some are pushing back on the way the deaths are counted.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RANDYH said:

add TiaMaria , heaven

IMG_20200515_220045.jpg

Surprised I don't see anything about smoking pot and COVID or at least publicized widely.  I guess the media doesn't want to attack the marijuana distributors.

Brownies anyone?

7 hours ago, Seadog said:

It was like drinking a shot of liquid cigar ashes.  Don't get me wrong, I like a little peat in my scotch, but Octomore is over the top.

I'll just stay with my Crown XR or Special Reserve whiskeys.  I've only found a couple of different scotches that didn't bite hard that I thought would good for me though a definitely acquired taste. 

Eyeing my bottle for my 5 yr mark since I can only partake periodically.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

This does not surprise me:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/19/vaccine-experts-say-moderna-didnt-produce-data-critical-to-assessing-covid-19-vaccine/

Fauci and his buddies declined comment.

Maynard

Well at least whomever bought the stock early, if they sold Monday afternoon or Tuesday, likely made some good $$.  Jury is still out so we'll need to wait and see.

2 hours ago, pzannucci said:

A number of states are revising their numbers.  Anyone dying of COVID (tripped and hit your head) is a COVID death.

Glad some are pushing back on the way the deaths are counted.

Well covid19 is well known to cause spatial disorientation which could cause a person to trip and suffer a fatal fall or could cause a fatal vehicle collision. 

I keep saying this........   people are way too focused on ‘hair splitting’ reported statistics that few truly understand in the 1st place. We have covid19 and it is without question highly contagious and very lethal and this is just in the short term. Long term could deliver a host of chronic conditions that might leave millions with limited lifestyles and shortened lifespans. Sadly like lung cancer and smokers it is not a serious problem for some until it is in your own kitchen and then OMG how could I have been so stupid. We all need to keep covid19 in check for everyone’s best interests....... short and long term. The statistics you see should tell you just one thing. Covid19 is HUGE! Being a little less huge or more huge at this juncture is well beyond moot.

For the time being the world gets to grapple with covid19 in its many variations without any curative treatment and no vaccine. We will see more illness, more death and more interruptions in how we live. We can minimize those by adhering to some really simple rules. IMHO people look less weird wearing a mask than they do sucking on a cigar (really). So wear your masks, wash, wash, wash your hands, stay far away from others and set about making your own selves healthier.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

The new death classifications by CDC predated the Colorado situation by two weeks. There is some correlation there?

I was not aware of that and the article I read did not mention this.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Well covid19 is well known to cause spatial disorientation which could cause a person to trip and suffer a fatal fall or could cause a fatal vehicle collision. 

I keep saying this........   people are way too focused on ‘hair splitting’ reported statistics that few truly understand in the 1st place.

I hear you BUT....

I don't like politicizing and using fear tactics which is what is being done with numbers so I will not stop beating this drum.  Just like saying I need 40000 ventilators in NY and all the bogus original models.

Yes it is bad but according to the statistics and the likely number of folks that have already been exposed... you can figure out the rest.

9 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

For the time being the world gets to grapple with covid19 in its many variations without any curative treatment and no vaccine. We will see more illness, more death and more interruptions in how we live. We can minimize those by adhering to some really simple rules. IMHO people look less weird wearing a mask than they do sucking on a cigar (really). So wear your masks, wash, wash, wash your hands, stay far away from others and set about making your own selves healthier.

Again, this is just reality.  If people are not getting it (which I see all over the place), it is Darwinism at it's best...

EDIT: should have added - stay away from those people

• dtel locked this topic