Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bosco-d-gama

Covid19 redux

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, pzannucci said:

I hear you BUT....

 

I don't like politicizing and using fear tactics which is what is being done with numbers so I will not stop beating this drum.  Just like saying I need 40000 ventilators in NY and all the bogus original models.

 

Yes it is bad but according to the statistics and the likely number of folks that have already been exposed... you can figure out the rest.

Those “bogus” original models could have easily been spot on accurate. Put your hindsight rose lensed glasses away and be happy things are going as well as they are. If you really and truly wanna be angry about ‘poor’ information that did seed this entire fiasco direct your frustrations where they need to go - China and the WHO. This is where things need to change at the policy level. The west has been complacent about China and has been lured by their slave labor economy and false promises. China has commingled itself with way too many critical industries with nefarious intent and now we see the consequences. That has got to get remedied ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tube fanatic said:


If the optician is closed, and your eye doctor is closed, and you don’t have a copy of your Rx, what would you do?  
 

 

Maynard

Are they?  Mine opened up this week and I've already seen him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bosco-d-gama said:

 If you really and truly wanna be angry about ‘poor’ information that did seed this entire fiasco direct your frustrations where they need to go - China and the WHO. 

I'm not angry at anything.  I think it is pure stupidity.  Can't be mad at that other than at whomever allows them to get away with it.  This is also used by some states for control.  VERY VERY bad in my mind.  

 

The two states I worry about are already opening.  I pity the others that are using some odd science to condone their lockdowns. 

 

Of course none of this comes without risk, my feeling is we don't have a choice.

 

Additionally, the poor information at the beginning is the learning experience.  The continued poor information is again, stupid.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peer review can take a year or longer, and just because the data hasn't been peer reviewed, doesn't mean it's not true or accurate.

 

We performed a retrospective analysis of data from patients hospitalized with confirmed SARSCoV-2 infection in all United States Veterans Health Administration medical centers until April 11, 2020. Patients were categorized based on their exposure to hydroxychloroquine alone (HC) or with azithromycin (HC+AZ) as treatments in addition to standard supportive management for Covid-19, ... the two primary outcomes were death and the need for mechanical ventilation. We determined the association between treatment and the primary outcomes using competing risk hazard regression adjusting for clinical characteristics via propensity scores. Discharge and death were taken into account as competing risks and subdistribution hazard ratios are presented,”

 

The paper is here, in downloadable PDF. https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.16.20065920v2.full.pdf+html

 

The study is based on late stage application of the medicine on people who were already sick. There is nothing for using it as a preventive measure.

 

42,000 doses a day? I'm sure that one is being fact checked. And for what purposes?

 

I just think it's funny that someone would just start taking medication "on a hunch".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

BTW good morning everyone.......😁

Good Morning!!

 

Lively already 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

13 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Are they?  Mine opened up this week and I've already seen him.

 

That's a good first sign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deang said:

Peer review can take a year or longer, and just because the data hasn't been peer reviewed, doesn't mean it's not true or accurate.

 

We performed a retrospective analysis of data from patients hospitalized with confirmed SARSCoV-2 infection in all United States Veterans Health Administration medical centers until April 11, 2020. Patients were categorized based on their exposure to hydroxychloroquine alone (HC) or with azithromycin (HC+AZ) as treatments in addition to standard supportive management for Covid-19, ... the two primary outcomes were death and the need for mechanical ventilation. We determined the association between treatment and the primary outcomes using competing risk hazard regression adjusting for clinical characteristics via propensity scores. Discharge and death were taken into account as competing risks and subdistribution hazard ratios are presented,”

 

The paper is here, in downloadable PDF. https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.16.20065920v2.full.pdf+html

 

The study is based on late stage application of the medicine on people who were already sick. There is nothing for using it as a preventive measure.

 

42,000 doses a day? I'm sure that one is being fact checked. And for what purposes?

 

I just think it's funny that someone would just start taking medication "on a hunch".

 

Yes data needs to be gathered and qualified.  That qualification will allow for a postmortem and true statistics.  Just portray it as such at the beginning and don't use it to beat people over the head who are already down.

 

AI which should be being used, is only as good as it's training data and the AI's ability to apply probabilistic weights based on the input data.  That is the start and actually, that is going to be the finish for the evaluation of COVID case studies because by that point you should have enough data to train appropriately and know enough to do the proper inputs.  Now we don't so....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Are they?  Mine opened up this week and I've already seen him.

TX....might be a hot rock (at least central) but they are doing the things they need to survive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like it's also used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, so I bet a lot of people are using this drug already -- 42,000 doses a day coming out of the VA is probably a realistic number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

No fat to eat and his muscle was needed for any substance.  You can tell he hadn't eaten well for a while and lack of workout. 

 

I need a diet but not quite that much.  At least his immune system (what's left of it) shouldn't need to worry about COVID.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Coytee said:

 

 

 

That's a good first sign

I first got a call and went had to answer a bunch of health questions and was told to have a mask on or I wouldn't be admitted.  When I got there the door was locked.  There was a sign on the door with a phone number to call for them to let you in.  Every apparatus was wiped down before and after I used it and everyone there had masks and gloves.  I was the only patient there also as they were doing only one patient in the building at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I first got a call and went had to answer a bunch of health questions and was told to have a mask on or I wouldn't be admitted.  When I got there the door was locked.  There was a sign on the door with a phone number to call for them to let you in.  Every apparatus was wiped down before and after I used it and everyone there had masks and gloves.  I was the only patient there also as they were doing only one patient in the building at a time.

My dentist is doing the same thing.  Called about my appt.  Said to call when I get there and wait in my car.  They will either come get me or call me when ready to come in.

 

I have some CT's coming up.  Have to find out how the oncologist is doing that.  Hopefully everyone is just wearing a mask (which is required for the CT).  If we can survive Walmart that way, I think distancing in a Dr's office should be easy enough also.

 

It's a start at least.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

This does not surprise me:

 

https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/19/vaccine-experts-say-moderna-didnt-produce-data-critical-to-assessing-covid-19-vaccine/

 

Fauci and his buddies declined comment.

 

 

Maynard

What's wrong with this statement from that article?

 

Moderna’s approach to disclosure

It doesn’t publish on its work in scientific journals. What is known has been disclosed through press releases. That’s not enough to generate confidence within the scientific community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

No fat to eat and his muscle was needed for any substance.  You can tell he hadn't eaten well for a while and lack of workout. 

 

I need a diet but not quite that much.  At least his immune system (what's left of it) shouldn't need to worry about COVID.

Actually trying to stay on top of nutrition is a key part of critical care scenarios. Obviously most people are not ‘eating’ food when sedated, etc. They’ll place a,nasogastric tube, g-tubes or j-tubes for feeding and if those fail they have total parenteral nutrition where they feed the body intravenously. Even with all of that feeding this type of body mass loss is typical. This is how much energy it takes for a body to fight an infection. No. This is not a cancer where tumors eat away the body mass. It is just the metabolic demand required to fight a systemic bug.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Deang said:

Looks like it's also used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, so I bet a lot of people are using this drug already -- 42,000 doses a day coming out of the VA is probably a realistic number.

Been in use for 65yrs.  Lupus and RA...  Lot of background on the dangers.  Dr. should do an EKG (at least) to look at your ability to tolerate it.

 

Most data suggests it to be used early, not to try and kill the impact of virus later.

 

 

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

50 minutes ago, Deang said:

Looks like it's also used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, so I bet a lot of people are using this drug already -- 42,000 doses a day coming out of the VA is probably a realistic number.

we know it's good for malaria -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deang said:

I just think it's funny that someone would just start taking medication "on a hunch".

Funny?  It's just plain stupid and dangerous.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jimjimbo said:

Funny?  It's just plain stupid and dangerous.

Since the drug is well tolerated and when under constant dr's care (EKG and such), shouldn't be a big deal should it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chloroquine has been around for a long time. Doctors know how to safely administer the stuff and have known that for a long time. 
 

There has been conflicting information about using chloroquine for covid19. Many countries still use it. Choosing to use it is a personal decision.

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Funny?  It's just plain stupid and dangerous.

It is neither. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...